[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>22 and still barely a beginner in art I want to kill myself

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 26

File: 14826899019490.jpg (10KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
14826899019490.jpg
10KB, 351x351px
>22 and still barely a beginner in art

I want to kill myself so badly every single day.
>>
>>2791575
Well what are you waiting for? Just do it now.
>>
>still

How many years have you been drawing?

How often do you apply what you learn to works from imagination?

Do you even study?
>>
>>2791582
I have been drawing for a few years now. I'd say 3 at least. The problem is I was doing so little work over that time that I am basically at the level of someone who is drawing for 3, 4 months or something like that.

Now I do more work but knowing how fucked I am because I cant get any money from that makes me really frustrated.
>>
File: geromeworkingmarble.jpg (170KB, 1024x1388px) Image search: [Google]
geromeworkingmarble.jpg
170KB, 1024x1388px
>>2791575
>>2791591

OP don't hurt yourself yet. 22 is still relatively young.

If you haven't already tried this route:

1. Go here https://artrenewal.org/pages/ateliers.php. Find the closest atelier/academy to you. Use the map if it's easier.

2. Go to their site. Be amazed at student art work. Note that most do not require a portfolio to enter - your will and determination is all that is asked.

3. See their schedule for part time courses (unless you have the time and money to enroll full-time).

It's not easy, the pain is different, more akin to masochism. But fuck it, it's glorious art.
>>
>>2791575
ngmi
>>
>>2791575
don't worry dude Iam 28 and just starting into loomis
>>
post work my family man
>>
>>2791633
This. Soon 25 and just started loomis, complaining at 22 stfu and keep drawing.
>>
Daily Reminder: It's only too late if you're dead, otherwise keep drawing!
>>
>complaining at 22
are you a literal faggot?
>>
>>2791591
>The problem is I was doing so little work over that time that I am basically at the level of someone who is drawing for 3, 4 months or something like that.
yet here you are continuing that pattern by making pointless threads instead of drawing. GET BACK TO DRAWING NOW, SERIOUSLY.
>>
>tfw hitting the 20 y/o mark soon and feel like it's too late
I think everyone feels this regardless of age OP. Just gotta keep grinding I guess.
>>
>NEET
>barely practice
>get a full time job
>squeeze in every single hour of free time into practice
>vacation
>barely do anything
Life is fucked up.
>>
>>2791759
Because all the greatest artist we can all name on this board have been doing this since they were kids.

But hey there have been people who come here at 18-22 and after a few months of critique and practice even for an hour a day turn out VERY good. It's all about fundamentals and practice.

Keep going OP you'll make it.
>>
>>2791767
No *you're* fucked up, get your shit together and get your life straight
>>
>>2791767
So much this
>>
>>2791773
It's a slow process. I hope I can develop in the next 10 years into a major positive direction.
>>
>>2791767
I'm the exact same only with school. I've been turning it around recently though and have been getting 6-7 hours in during Christmas break.
>>
>>2791575
humans are gonna be living on average as long as 80 years in the first world
don't think time is an issue for you
>>
>>2791633
>>2791704
>28
>25
holy shit you're OLD
>>
>>2791796
I would say it's highly regretful to not become good in your twenties since you want to savor being good and still young.
>>
>>2791575
>>2791591

>I'm shit. What now?

It's not worth it to be so upset at yourself. Your aversion to failure has gotten you into this mess.
Join a better community, make a few friends that you can trust to give you shit but in a constructive manner. Start a circle. View yourself objectively.

I'm not saying /ic/ can't harbor this, but as it stands such interactions are few and far between.
>>
I think just 30 minutes every day would help you to use those years effeciently. When we don't learn at all we tend to slowly forget things even if this process is really slow. But just 30 minutes every day and you will always remain in the gaining zone so it's quuite effective over a very long span and may even motivate you to do more and more. Really just quit those doing literally nothing days if you want to become better.
>>
>>2791799
Contrary to popular believe a lot of artist who start at their age learn faster.
>>
>>2791813
30 minutes a day is 10,000 hours in 55 years. that's when you'll make it
>>
>>2791575

It's fine OP, age is a meme, I started at 27.
>>
>>2791852
name two?
>>
>>2791863
Who cares if you started late?? You and the rest of the old fucks here are never gonna make it anyway.
>>
>>2791861
It's a realistic goal and a good starting point to gain back the trust you lost in yourself. How often do you read here about guys that want to have perfect effecient and creative long practice sessions? It will never happen. You will never earn back the time you lost trough more effecient practice since reaching this kind of high level learning capabilities need to be practiced for a long time too till they are unlocked for use. Everyone that practiced while you did nothing learned to learn better with time, you can't start out with more effecient learning out of the get go without the experience. It will never fucking happen, prepare for shitty ineffecient practice sessions as long as you're a beginner.
>>
>>2791868
It's easier because you're not a little pussy like OP who still whines about things like a little baby.
>>
Check out Mel Milton started to draw serious at age 30, made it at 33.

Not too late anon.
>>
File: 1482162938527.jpg (520KB, 1400x1742px) Image search: [Google]
1482162938527.jpg
520KB, 1400x1742px
Here's hoping OP is still alive.
>>
>>2791920
>Mel Milton
hes a fucking nigger tho
>>
>>2791920

Started 32, now 33. I am in no rush but I practice about 20 hours per week now. Was only doing 45 minutes per day 2 or 3 days a week.

I had to grow the fuck up, and get away from gaming and anime. Now that I don't game anymore and anime has been on a nearly 2 year hiatus.

I think things are moving alone much better. Now that I got myself a digital screen tablet, a HK 1560. I'm enjoying it much more instead of wondering if I should buy more sketch pads.
>>
>>2791923
What does this have to do with anything? How does it feel to be a racist ass loser sitting on your ass and attempting to delude yourself into thinking you're better than people that are markedly superior and successful than you?

This is the epitome of people that don't make it and deserve it so hard

/ic/ is not /b/ or /pol/, fuck off for fucks sake
>>
>>2791993
fell for the bait.
>>
>>2791575
Dont be a fag, I started at your age and I technically "made it". Issue is not learning but getting the fucking gigs, theres always someone better than you out there who happens to also be starving.
>>
>>2791999
le epic trole
>>
>>2792000
On /ic/ making it means foremost learning the skill and only secondary earning money with the skill.
>>
>>2792032
only money counts
>>
>>2792037
Then stop drawing and get a real job.
>>
>>2792039
>real job
Sure, I'd rather clean toilets than work as an illustrator, because that is a real job, like an actual job. Drawing? How the fuck is that a job? People should do that for free
>>
>>2792040
Exactly. You would earn more too.
>>
>>2791591
You sound a bit like you just want to draw to make money but not because you actually enjoy drawing.
Don't set yourself such a high goal. Making money off art is a whole different aspect of gitting gud and as you know theres people with no skill whatsoever who make money with their stuff. First and foremost you should enjoy drawing, and have something you like to draw, that's how you'll automatically draw more. /ic/ does make it seem like the ultimate goal of an artist is to make money and be super skilled, (and that fun isn't a part od being an artist as it's all srs business), and for some, that is the goal, but they also enjoyed drawing enough to even start and keep going. If you plainly don't enjoy drawing, it might not be for you. The more pressure you put on yourself the less you enjoy making art and making progress. Don't worry about having wasted time or anything, everyone got their own pace and starts at different ages. I think you should rethink your motivation and goals.
>>
>>2792069
I am in a kinda bad financial situation right now. I still have some time to improve but it would be a lot better to earn money right now.
>>
>>2792070
Then you should get a job. I know plenty of skilled artists who can't sustain their lives with just art. If you're not crazy popular or established in the industry, its gonna be pretty much impossible to comfortably live on just art. Especially since art is also often undervalued and it become difficult to get decent commissioners. I have been drawing for 8 years and am 22 now. I'm I'd say decently skilled but that still doesn't mean I can just make money with it. If you're in for the money, especially right NOW, art isn't the way to go.
>>
Following up on >>2791625

>>2792032
>>2792040
>>2792040

There's absolutely no need today - nor was there in the past - to figuratively slave for your art. Read the books written by the old masters (Solomon J. Solomon and anything published prior to the 20th century). They will reveal a less self-flagellating perspective on these things.

While it's true in the previous centuries having "made it" essentially meant winning the famous competitions (Prix de Rome for example) and going to study under a famous artist and devoting your life to the work so you could travel around and get a first-hand look at your subjects, even the people who did not win these competitions went off to do decently enough for themselves.

Today, we do not need scholarships to fancy schools as the only means of advancement. They are widely available to anyone who can sit down and focus for a few hours a day. This is enough to get the ball rolling and get you on your way to pursue what you want to do.

Furthermore, you have two great resources available to you: the internet, with all it's fuckery, and the teachings of both new and old masters dating back to the 18th century. It's available to you at a very affordable cost, in fact, the Beginner's Thread has a link to a lot of these older books that are on Archive.org.

I'll emphasize this: there's nothing wrong with having a full-time job doing something that brings you in six-figure income while you pay a bit of money to attend one of the best art schools in the world. Having a professional teach you saves you a lot of time and once you take the training wheels off you can flourish in your own way, better equipped to solve art- and technique-related things than you otherwise would be on your own.

Pic related. Bierstadt only started painting in oils in his adult years, and there are other artists who started later still. Some schools imposed age/sex restrictions on life drawing as well, which were by the 19th century somewhat relaxed.
>>
File: 1482101484269.jpg (509KB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1482101484269.jpg
509KB, 1920x1152px
Cont'd from >>2792077

Had to cut the previous post short.

As I mentioned in the opening post there are a number of academies and ateliers scattered around the world, and they are slowly resurfacing - I am noticing there are more of them now than there were a few years ago.

Apparently enough people noticed the general lack of training and discipline in art work that these schools are now financed and receive grants and local government funding to keep their tuition affordable to students - students like you. It's well understood that people work and learn best when placed under a skilled and pedagogic mentor (as opposed to DIY nonsense), and that not everyone can afford the bullshit educational costs (see Noah Bradley's rant).

There are no age restrictions, I have seen both kids and elderly enter and over time the rigorous training they get speaks for itself in their artwork and their standards.

So if you're tired of noodling around feeling like shit and you just "don't get it", go to one of these academies.

You won't have to quit your day job but if it the art means that much to you, you won't mind going there after-work and on weekends.

Props to >>2791983
>>
File: 1466315250923.jpg (74KB, 597x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1466315250923.jpg
74KB, 597x1024px
Cont'd from >>2792081

To wrap this up, it's worth knowing that most of the old masters were also trained in schools, moving from one master to another and they carried their education well into their late adult years, becoming fellows of their related schools and eventually teachers themselves.

While /ic/ is mostly dedicated to illustrative/entertainment works, I wish to offer this quote from Andrew Loomis' final book - The Eye of the Painter:

(In speaking of dealing with clients and client-work that stiffles the art work)

"That is why many commercial artists turn to fine art in their later years, after the financial pressures have lessened. But the step is actually a big one. The artist who has never exercised his creativity ability beyond t he demands of an assignment may find himself at a loss for ideas, for avenues of expression for that extra creativeness that is required to become wholly original. To search for subjects without regard for a preconditioned cash value is something new. Painting solely for the sake of beauty and craftsmanship and the 'joy of doing' is unfamiliar. If, on the other hand, he has planned throughout his career for this we ll-earned day of freedom, he will be armed with new ambitions, relieved of pressures and tensions, with the door open to new experience and new goals to reach for."
>>
By 22 a third of your life is gone, you're pretty much already dead and it's far too late to learn any new skills.
>>
>>2791575
>third trimester fetus and still barely a beginner in art

I want to born.
>>
File: coz.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
coz.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>2792203
>>
File: lol_wut.jpg (51KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
lol_wut.jpg
51KB, 814x500px
>>2792203
>>
>>2791575
>27 and still barely a beginner.
>>
>>2792452
>>2792469
Your best learning years are when you're a kid. If you haven't been drawing nonstop since you could first draw, then it's far too late to start.
>>
>>2792490

Can't tell if Poe's law.

Art world tends to harbor the worst forced memes of learning and education that come from people who are the least credible to commentate on it.
>>
File: alice.jpg (50KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
alice.jpg
50KB, 960x540px
>>2791575
>van gogh
>>
>>2792498
So I'm right, is what you're saying.
>>
File: syd-mead-6d1-a189cb4ae5ba.jpg (514KB, 1280x1430px) Image search: [Google]
syd-mead-6d1-a189cb4ae5ba.jpg
514KB, 1280x1430px
>Abloobloo woe me ;-;
>I'm past 20 and life ends at 25. Its literally over for me, now too old to learn or do anything besides wait for death. Might as well jump in front of a train.
>wooow a 30 year old on the internettt

Fucking retards, there is no age to start drawing because it's a skill, meaning it's all about repetition and discipline. You could start at 70 for all it matters BUT FUCKING START RIGHT NOW instead of crying about it like a little bitch.
>>
>>2792517
You are fucking retarded if you think that age doesnt matter. It matters a lot, because your brain gets worse with time and all other stuff like living on your own etc. doesnt allow you to learn as comfortable as if you were younger.

22 is pretty late and I'd say it's easier to work for a minimal wage than pursue drawing and risk yourself for even worse things.
>>
>>2792517

Don't waste your breath, half of /ic/ bought in so hard on the neuroplasticity meme that they think higher brain function ceases on their 20th birthday. We've also got enough morons on this board that subscribe to a nonsensical all or nothing approach where if you can't do it 100% optimally you're wasting your time, because there's the chance someone might get better than you younger than you, and that's apparently unacceptable.

Look at the threads on this board. It's polluted with people who exclusively measure their self worth relative to the value of others. They spend their days seeking out inferior artists to mock, or to knock superior / more popular artists down a notch.
>>
File: 1476216322256.png (24KB, 602x204px) Image search: [Google]
1476216322256.png
24KB, 602x204px
>>2792542
>What is with /ic/ and tough guy attitudes?

Nothing particular to /ic/, 4chan has lots of boards where abusive language is the standard.

In bitching and moaning self-pity threads like this it's warranted.
>>
>>2792517
It takes about a decade of work to even get good at drawing, so of course there's such a thing as starting too late.

>We've also got enough morons on this board that subscribe to a nonsensical all or nothing approach where if you can't do it 100% optimally you're wasting your time, because there's the chance someone might get better than you younger than you, and that's apparently unacceptable.Look at the threads on this board. It's polluted with people who exclusively measure their self worth relative to the value of others

What's wrong with any of this?
>>
>>2792562

>It takes about a decade of work to even get good at drawing, so of course there's such a thing as starting too late.

A decade to "get good"? What is your definition of 'good' that a decade is required? You can be great in a decade.

And ok. So say you take your decade at 25 and you're 35 by the time you're good. Or at 35 and you're 45. People on average live to like 70-80 now. You can reasonably expect to outlive Rembrandt by a decade. You could start at 60 and be pretty great by the time you kick the bucket.
>>
>>2792562
Decade? No. It's a meme that you need 10 years to get good enough. Those who started young spend most of their time doing stupid shit. Repeatedly making mistake. It's only when they get a little bit older that their skill start to rise. It's not because they spend 10 years working hard. It's because they focus on the right thing and learn the right way at the very end.
>>
File: progress.jpg (151KB, 1000x1040px) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
151KB, 1000x1040px
>>2792562

For one this "optimal start" is silly.

Once you've got your fundamentals down (this can fit within your decade easily) a significant amount of art transcends skill and becomes a matter of taste and choice. Good artists have decided to almost abandon the fundamentals because they got bored of it, or at the very least adopted an approach that will inevitably be approved of by some and hated by others. The trajectory of a hyper-realist and a disney animator are going to be so radically different that trying to behave like 'but he got a 2 year head start on me I'll never catch up!' is just utter nonsense.

Then, of course, there's the saying "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now." Crying about not having started 20 years ago won't change anything.
>>
File: 1473913504283.jpg (40KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
1473913504283.jpg
40KB, 576x472px
>tfw people in the future might live centuries longer than me

Why even cultivate a skill.
>>
>>2791868
I used to keep a list of artist who start in their late twenties to late thirties. I removed them because I got over the "too old too late" shit. This all that I could find. I could find more but I need to practice.

Start in his early 30's [https://neechart.blogspot.my/]

Start at 22 then quit for 5 years he continue at 27 If I'm not mistaken most of his work on this site is from when he was 28.
[https://timpaints.blogspot.my/]

Here's a bonus.

http://www12.wind.ne.jp/kotobuki/

I think he injured his spine from a motorcycle accident. The doctors told him to get a hobby. Something like drawing and he told them he wouldn't draw anything unless it's beautiful girls. They gave him a magazine and he went on from there.

Guess what he draws with?

His mouth.
>>
>>2792586
fuuckkkkkkkkkkkk

>you were born too late to get on the immortality train
>>
>>2792599
too early*
>>
>>2792541
>Look at the threads on this board. It's polluted with people who exclusively measure their self worth relative to the value of others. They spend their days seeking out inferior artists to mock, or to knock superior / more popular artists down a notch.

This. This board is full of toxic crabs in a bucket mentality. Do you think real artists ego-masturbating wasting their time shitting on tumblr art? Or trying to shit on digital/Ruan Jia/Proko/whatever they can try to focus their ire on and delude themselves into some bizarre elitism?

>>2792562
I legitimately pity you. Expose yourself to other modes of thinking other than relentless cynicism and misanthropy.
>>
>>2792603
>have yet to start
What the FUCK are you doing right now and why aren't you drawing instead?
>>
>>2792548
Well then, why dont you fuck off to some other place instead of bitching about us being too harsh on your shit art?
>>
>>2792577
>>2792579
The point is that you wasted years that could have been spent learning and getting better. You'll always be vastly inferior to someone that started earlier in life.

>>2792583
So you're saying experience doesn't mater after a certain point.
>>
>>2792603

Refer to >>2791625 and >>2792077
>>
File: 123536468576.jpg (118KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
123536468576.jpg
118KB, 1366x768px
>>2792603
>tfw same but started at 22 with zero skills in drawing
>26 in next year
>can draw anatomical abomination all day
>can't draw simple cute anime character
>have zero imagination
Feels like I wasted my life.
>>
>>2792614
different anon here.
Not that it doesnt matter, but rather that you get diminishing returns for your work and effort. The better you are the more time and effort it requires to push your skills even further.

Also, this isn't a race, the fact that someone's better doesnt change your skill. You're either good or you're not. Not putting in the effort because "someone else is gonna be better than me" is just silly nonsense.
>>
>>2792622
Do you earn any money from drawing?
>>
>>2792614
>You'll always be vastly inferior to someone that started earlier in life.
That's a big overstatement. You can't know that.
>>
File: Cul8VYGVUAA4w1A.jpg (519KB, 1274x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Cul8VYGVUAA4w1A.jpg
519KB, 1274x2000px
>>2792637
No. I dont' even know what to draw anymore. Dead inside after I learned that this guy
>https://www.patreon.com/akairiot
draw like picrelated.
>>
>>2792630
It only doesn't matter if you're the only person that sees your drawings. if you're shit compared to other artists, then there's no reason to share your art.

>>2792639
But isn't art just practice? So more practice is better.
>>
>>2792591
justin fields started at 29, he's 3d artist but somehow related
https://soundcloud.com/the-collective-podcast/ep-143-justin-fields
>>
>>2792647
You're assuming that, by starting "late", other people will be so ahead of you that your work will always look like shit. Long story short, no it won't.
Also, yes, yes there's reason to share your art. Art is not just a competition of technical display, there are a lot of other factors involved. And even if it were, the fact that there are other people more skilled than you doesn't make your work automatically bad.
It would appear to me that you have a very elitistic way of looking at this, which I find extremely unhealthy. But hey, if it helps you sleep at night, dont let me change your mind
>>
>>2792641
I don't follow, what do you mean?
>>
>>2792756
But the definition of being bad is not being as good as everyone else.
>>
>>2792996
The context relevant dictionary defintion of bad is "of poor or inferior quality; defective; deficient:".
The quality of an object is intrinsical and thus comparisons to other objects are irrelevant
>>
>>2792613

the fuck are you whining about, anon? Are you projecting?
>>
>>2791575
>thinking 22 is too old

Better get rid of that mindset right now or you're not gonna make it in anything.
>>
>>2793008
But something can only be poor or inferior hen compared to other things.
>>
>>2792490
If that was true, all kids would've been fucking geniuses.

Learning is not just some neuroplasticity bullshit, it's also self-control andthe ability time manage and the ability to reflect on your education.
>>
22 is extremely young. don't worry that you're starting too late.

or do, a little, if it helps you push harder.
>>
>>2791999
.... Ok
>>
>>2792490
Best doesn't mean you can't learn while older.
Of course it will be harder, but that's mainly because you have other things to deal with.
>>
>>2792490
Anon, you know this has been debunked to death.
>>
>>2793864
>no source of this famous debunks
>meanwhile there's ample proof that most of every genius-level performer or creator started very young in positive and supportive environments

Show me a great artist that started (not got famous, literally started from step zero) at age 20. I'll be waiting with 5 who started and 15 years younger.
>>
>>2793919
Mindcandyman at 22, algenpfleger at 19.
>>
>>2793822
It just mean you'll be years behind everyone else.

>>2793946
Two people out if hundreds of thousands us an exception, not a rule.
>>
In my 30s and laughing at all of you.
>>
>>2794128
>Two people out if hundreds of thousands us an exception, not a rule.
Those are called "examples", man.
>>
>>2794157
Good for you since that's all you have left.
>>
>>2794158
They're extremely rare is what I'm saying.
>>
File: goal-posts-moving.jpg (151KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
goal-posts-moving.jpg
151KB, 640x426px
>>2794128
>Show me a great artist that started (not got famous, literally started from step zero)
>Two people out if hundreds of thousands us an exception, not a rule.
>>
File: 147433913927791.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
147433913927791.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>2791575
literally me but im almost 30
>>
>>2794218
artists who start at 19 and 22 like those two and end up good are by no means rare. 25+ is a little different.
>>
File: 1480085294430.jpg (99KB, 666x636px) Image search: [Google]
1480085294430.jpg
99KB, 666x636px
>>2791767
>used to do 8+ hours daily
>haven't practiced for almost half a year because i want to fucking die
Life is suffering
>>
>>2791868
Brad Rigney was an alcoholic who started at like 35
>>
>>2794663
where did you even get 35? he started at 28 but went full neet with his wife funding him.
>>
File: 20131204_kotobuki_webphoto01.jpg (70KB, 525x600px) Image search: [Google]
20131204_kotobuki_webphoto01.jpg
70KB, 525x600px
>>2792591
>Guess what he draws with?

>His mouth.

oh, it shows, it sure shows
>>
a company isn't going to hire you based on your Age alone. Just work that extra bit harder into getting better and it'll all be fine.
>>
Fuck this threads, the reason they are made and the reason why people post in them.

Yes, there are tons of other people that feel like you and share your problems and tons that are even worse off. Now you can feel better about your miserabel existence.
>>
File: 432543654765757575.jpg (51KB, 1215x238px) Image search: [Google]
432543654765757575.jpg
51KB, 1215x238px
>everyone can do this!
>look at algenpfleger!
It's time
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias
>>
>>2791575
Are we still getting (you)s
>>
>>2794890
test
>>
>>2791591
>drawing to make money
there's your problem right there.
You must first draw out of passion before you draw for the songs and affections of wenches
>>
>>2794645
I know this feeling anon
>>
>>2791799
Doesn't matter how old you are if you've got talent.
>>
>>2794551
>falling for bait

If you know he's wrong, why do you respond?
>>
>>2794700
Still draws better than you.
>>
File: h5_67.187.70a.jpg (75KB, 319x400px) Image search: [Google]
h5_67.187.70a.jpg
75KB, 319x400px
>>2791769
>all the greatest artist we can all name on this board have been doing this since they were kids
>>
>>2795307
stop with this fucking van gogh meme. He is not a good artist.
>>
File: Baby-Marcelle-Roulin,-The.jpg (130KB, 750x1114px) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Marcelle-Roulin,-The.jpg
130KB, 750x1114px
>>2795309
>He is not a good artist.
Kys yourself next year, contraboy.
>>
>>2795322
Pathetic
>>
>>2795322
>this will show him

LMAO
>>
>>2795329
>>2795326
It's alright, I was 16 too once.
>>
>>2795322
my sides
>>
File: cat getting rekt.jpg (30KB, 428x408px) Image search: [Google]
cat getting rekt.jpg
30KB, 428x408px
>>2791575
ACTIVATE LIGAMEME
>>
>>2795309
>He is not a good artist.
He knew more about color than your pathetic ass, anon
maybe read a fucking book about him or the letters he wrote to his brother about his paintings
>>
>>2795309

>Van Gogh is not a good artist

how dare you babble such ignorance and keep breathing afterwards?
>>
>>2791575
I'm 33 and started to study seriously 2 months ago.
I'm killin it.
>>
>>2798213

Posteth thy w'rk, prithee.
>>
>>2795309
Man, how I wish I could be "a bad artist" by your standards.
>>
>>2792586
But if you get good while you have one third of their lifespan you'll be able to laugh in their faces when they take 10 years to learn how to loomis.
>>
>>2792841
I think he means, he feels bad that a guy with those shit art skills makes that money from his art? Not sure though
>captcha Hotel Fire
>>
>>2794700
>implying you can do that with your mouth
Someone's jelly
>>
>>2798470
is that your example? really? i know people who can draw better after a year and this is what you give? i dont get van gogh dicksucking but i guess /ic/ has really shitty taste
>>
>>2798490

post your work
>>
>>2798470
That isn't good though
>>
>>2791575
I want to feel sympathetic, but I don't. You claim you want to do something, but you don't practice enough. If you had more passion for art you would practice more and harder. Yet, you don't and know you want to 'kill yourself.' You, obviously, have deeper issues that you need to contend with. Maybe working with a therapist will help you and in the mean time you can actually find something you are passionate about.
>>
>>2798490
>"Van Gogh sucks."
>you guys have a really shit taste in art
K.
>>
File: thumbnail practice 33.png (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail practice 33.png
468KB, 1920x1080px
>>2798468
I just draw, draw and draw.
>>
>>2795408
>read the instruction manual to figure out how to enjoy a painting.

At best, he could be said to be an acquired taste then.

Most artists they talk about in baby's first art history class are pretty shit though, van Gogh included. I suppose you also like Picasso, Gauguin, Matisse, Frida Kahlo, Georgia O'keeffe... and whatever other garbage the """experts""" and """teachers""" push.

Van Gogh might have had the capacity to git gud if he didn't have mental issues, but it is his mental issues that tend to attract normies like you.
>>
>>2798550
do you plan to work professionally?
>>
>>2791575
That's when I started m8. It will work out. Just put in a year or two of hard work and you can get a job
>>
>>2798550
What are them plugins, friendo?
>>
>>2798550
Wtf how do you draw this geometrically
>>
>>2798814
Yes, i'm training myself to get a concept artist job.
I'd like to be an interpreter of ideas.
>>2798853
Coolorus 2 and Jonas De Ro Speedpaint extension.
>>2798859
Custom shapes, polygonal lasso tool and a solid notion of composition, lighting and perspective.

Im about to enter my 3rd month of self programmed study, real hard but pays off very quickly.
>>
>>2798818
I am planning to do that. 2017 gotta be that year.
>>
>>2798972
hey can you share that program, really curious. i started a month ago and a bit lost
>>
>>2798987
I'ts kind of an experiment.
I've been working as a Quality Engineer for the past 8 years and the last one gathering theory to build a learning method. Then quit my job and started fully dedicating to it as a test subject.
If things go well enough in the next 5 months Im gonna compile it all and put it on Gumroad.

I'll let you all know when it becomes available :D
>>
>>2792529
"What's the world's greatest lie?" the boy asked, completely surprised.

"It's this: that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That's the world's greatest lie."
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.