[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tablet General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 78

File: yiynova-mvp22u-rh-01.png (854KB, 990x757px) Image search: [Google]
yiynova-mvp22u-rh-01.png
854KB, 990x757px
Can we start a general tablet thread? I know there's several other specific threads so maybe this can simultaneously condense that and get a few questions answered for myself.

I'm building a computer in the next year to upgrade my set-up, there's no way my pocket book can handle a Cintq, so I've been looking at alternatives and was wondering if any of you have had personal experience with the Yiynova monitors. I currently use a Surface Pro 1 for most of my work. Are you using anything else, what are your thoughts on that?
>>
File: 20161226_030411[1].jpg (852KB, 4917x2766px) Image search: [Google]
20161226_030411[1].jpg
852KB, 4917x2766px
who using obscure Tablet

Chink one
tilt
battery free
210 usd
sell only in china mainland and my EA cunt
>>
Anyone has the 13HD Cintiq?
Surface area is pretty important so I wonder if it's worth it or that the bigger the better in this case
>>
>>2791232

tell me more
>>
>>2791252
official http://www.hanvonkorea.com/Products/ProductDetail/ArtMaster4

it's cheaper than wacom's one but it's good for me
>>
>>2791217
If anyone has also tried out any of the Huion of Ugee monitor tablets, let a brutha know.
>>
>>2791244
I've never used the 13hd but I own a 22HD and can't imagine using a smaller surface area and bring comfortable. Would recommend 22hd if you're going to spend that kind of money
>>
Ugee HK1560 15.6

on amazon, several sellers same price 429.99 I got one a week ago. I moved from a small wacom 4 to a 15.6inch screen. I was looking at a 22inch xp or saving my money for many more months probably a year for a wacom.

No issues, better colors than my 27inch asus ips monitor. I thought 15.6 would be too small but I draw on 9x12 paper and small anyway. So its the same size. No more awkward looking up at my huge ass screen, with a 5x7 or whatever tiny drawing surface.

Night and day.
>>
>>2791263
I have a Ugee 1910 (wanted the hk 1560 but couldn't find one in time) It's okay, gets the job done. The tablet part has great performance, I had cero issues installing and calibrating. The monitor part though is a little lacking, though acceptable. I would recommend the newer models cause the monitor specs sound better.
>>
>>2791217
I used a Yiynova MvPu22 v3 (The older version of what you posted) for about 6 months before I got my Surface Pro 4.

It's basically worse in every way compared to the Surface Pro 4. For the price it was decent though, but the main problem was the drivers. When I was using it they didn't have drivers working for Photoshop CC 2015 and I had to stay on the 2014 version. I think it also didn't work for Manga Studio.

The drivers would give out periodically (while I was in the middle of working on a piece) and I had to reboot to get it working again. I'd rather pay more to not have to deal with driver issues.
>>
>>2791217
>>2791858

Also forgot to mention the jitter is really strong when you make diagonal lines. You pretty much have to use Lazy Nezumi Pro with it.
>>
I still think that general consumption use+EMR are the most based.

But fuck Samsung in the ass for applying a patent for that. It was filed in...2013 so it'll at least take until 2033 for another competitor to get on this.

My galaxy tab a 9.7" makes it perfect as a nice indoor sketchbook(250usd), good build quality, lost the damn styluses twice already and brought a 3 USD replacenent easily each time. Nibs are also easy to replace and it's like 4 nibs for 1usd. I don't have to stress over dropping it because I brought a 5usd cover for it. (Dropped it over 20 times and still works perfectly) Only issue I have with it is its low specs in almost every thing. But not much worries here since it's an old model and Samsung releases a new one every year and I'll wait a few bits till the price drops enough to make it efficient as an upgrade.
>>
>>2791217
Took me about two days to install drivers properly, and in the end they didn't work with PS CS6 and I had just luck to get them working with SAI (random crashes happened from time time) Also, awful servicing. My pen broke recently (awful battery placement, unrepairable) and I had to order a new one online and wait for a month. As for the hardware it's kind of ok screen tablet but software is fucking awful. Fuck them for making such crap. Save money for something better with working drivers mate, don't go through this hell like me.
>>
>>2792204

I could dig that but I don't know shit about android art programs

Does assmung make windows tablets?
>>
so I got a huion, 420 tablet and is this normal? the stylus requires a battery for one and it seems to have a magnetic attraction to the tablet itself so that if I'm just hovering over the tablet it's still moving on the screen. is that just because it's a cheapy 70 dollar one and I'm getting what I paid for kind of thing? it doesn't feel entirely intuitive yet so I'm just wondering if that's something you have to adapt to. also since I'm a complete novice to digital if someone could recommend me some drawing programs that'd be great.
>>
surface pro 3 i5 128gb
>>
My tablet died so I am using Samsung Tab A with S pen temporarily.

Connected it to a pc with virtual tablet server.

It has pressure sensitivity in photoshop, I'm impressed.
>>
I'm planning on buying a tablet soon, which one should I buy?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CYCOYSU/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_1?colid=30UCJMFJD8OLN&coliid=I29SI5KA8F3T5Q

OR

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FTE9HS2/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_9?colid=30UCJMFJD8OLN&coliid=I23FXHNFTELPS5

OR should I just get Intros Art?
>>
File: tricky mickey.jpg (29KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
tricky mickey.jpg
29KB, 500x318px
>>2791217
Not only do I think a tablet general thread is a great idea, I honestly hope there are seven more up by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

No one pushed harder to allowed tablet discussion on the board than I did (because what the hell would /g/ know), but now that we have it I...I just don't know sometimes.

>>2793104
>so I got a huion 420
>420

DUDE

(You must have been smoking some 420 yourself if you thought buying that was a good idea)

>is this normal?

Actually no, I'm sorry to say but you made a big fucking mistake.

That's a 4x2 signature pad, you goof-and an incredibly overpriced one at that. Return that thing immediately-this is not a drill. Do you really think you're going to be able to draw on that thing? Nigga you ignint.

>it seems to have a magnetic attraction to the tablet itself so that if I'm just hovering over the tablet it's still moving on the screen

Think about it for a second. If the stylus wasn't picked up by the tablet at least a couple centimeters away how the hell would you know where it was going to be on your screen by the time you pressed down on it?

>if someone could recommend me some drawing programs that'd be great.

https://krita.org/en/

Have fun
>>
>>2793320
Giano is a maymay, go for the other one.

If you're terrible at troubleshooting go for intuos.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NhyDiiaXic
>create a $3k drawing tablet
>make sure it's absolute dog shit for drawing
BRAVO GATES
>>
>>2793328
I'm not going to dignify this bit of chicanery with a response. Except this one. Shut up nigga!

>>2793351
>5:10

Holy shit

>"small quirks"

That screen is sexy as hell, though. What a terrible waste. Kudos to both the artists and the "tested" guys for being honest (at least for a couple minutes). It's pretty obvious that they were trying to downplay the fact that neither of the artists they brought on endorsed it and I don't blame them. Reviews like this are more about selling an audience on a product on behalf of its manufacturer than they are about journalism.
>>
>>2793363
ss..sorry
Giano as in Huion Giano
>>
>>2793367
>as in Huion Giano

N-...no! I'm not a shill or something like that. I'm just a nondescript italian guy who happens to go by a somewhat similar sounding moniker on this online internet webpage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaJseJuNGs4
>>
File: smoke.jpg (77KB, 1054x487px) Image search: [Google]
smoke.jpg
77KB, 1054x487px
>>2793104
I really hope you're able to return that thing, but I'd still like to hear your story about why you picked that one in particular-be honest
>>
>>2793351
i wouldn't mind that for a cheaper tablet
but holy shit knowing that how expensive it is with that in mind physically hurts
>>
>>2793379
well, read the post, he's obviously retarded
>>
File: T102_PR01.jpg (76KB, 867x526px) Image search: [Google]
T102_PR01.jpg
76KB, 867x526px
anyone know anything about the asus t102?
it's pretty cheap ($279 right now) so i'm not expecting anything great, but i just want to know if its decent enough for on the go drawing for it's price
>>
>>2793379
christmas present obviously, and I worked it out, I guess the drivers have been notoriously tricky for people. and yeah it's my first tablet please dont bully.
>>
>>2793321
huionh420* yes that's what it's called and yes I wish I could slap my parents for not understanding basic shit like give me money so I can buy my own art supplies but yeah. and I wouldn't call 30 dollars incredibly overpriced.
>>
File: maaaaa.png (407KB, 3200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maaaaa.png
407KB, 3200x1200px
>>2793399
and here enjoy my first digital drawing on this thing using krita
>>
I bought an Intuos Art Small since I've never worked with digital before. I hope I did good.
>>
>>2793077
I use Medibang pro. It's only choice for Android as:

Sketchbook by Autodesk is shit : paid for the pro version 3 years ago then 2 years ago they made it free and made the pro features as an IAP so we would have to pay again. Only has premade brushes. Don't have free transform tool. Has iOS version but it's shit.

Art flow is nice and has symmetry tool. Costs 5$ to unlock 20 layers as opposed to 5 layers for free version. Lagless. Does not work on rooted devices. No ads. Can only draw in landscape mode. Decent brush engine. Can only perform limited transformation such as translation, rotation and resizing. No skew.

Medibang pro : Made by the Japanese. Unlimited layers(the highest I've gone to is 50...), infinite brushes, customisable brushes with opacity pressure AND regular pen pressure. Very powerful brush engine. Has ads. Free. Cloud sync (need account but it's optional). A lot of gimmicky features but you can just ignore them but it makes it a bit confusing for first time users. Used to be called Firealpaca. Has perspective/free transform tool. Has skewing. A lot of layers mode. Has a PC version where it's compared as the poor cousin of clip studio paint. Has iOS version if you want to try beforehand.

The version I've brought was the 2015 one I reckon(they don't even sell it anymore once the 2016 one got released). The 2016 one has updated specs and costs like 400 for now since it just got released 2 months ago. Wait at least half a year and you might be lucky (or not) since Samsung midrange tablets regularly have black Friday sales or something (they had it this year but idk for the next). It's built like a tank and oh did I mention the microsd tray? (Though it has low resolution and lag from times to times haha)
>>
File: im not going on g.png (136KB, 1421x831px) Image search: [Google]
im not going on g.png
136KB, 1421x831px
>>2793321

I've been posting this everytime someone complains. keep fighting the good fight.
>>
>>2793414
not him
show your digital drawing for recent please.
>>
>Get a Wacom Intuos medium
>Start drawing, have a lot of fun
>A few days later there are lots of scratches on the drawing area.

Is this normal? Like, serious scratching?

The default pen pressure curve on the software I was using was garbage and I only recently realized it so now I don't have to press down really damn hard anymore.

But I guess my question is : Can you replace the surface somehow? Can I fuck the surface by pressing down on it too hard?
I don't think I've had time to kill it in these last few days, but it just crossed my mind when I looked down at the surface.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
20KB, 512x384px
>>2793394

For future reference Huion's tumblr blog announces driver updates and links to the latest version if you can stomach their SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING the rest of the time

That thing is going to give you wrist cancer, upgrade to a 1060 at least ASAP
>>
>>2793387

I'd go for it, been looking for a pen enabled tablet pc that wasn't circa 2-3 years ago for a while
>>
>>2793673
I tape paper on it. The paper texture is better and there is no reduction in the pressure sensitivity.
it wears the nib off faster tho
>>
>>2793328
What's wrong with Giano?
>>
>>2793695
BigTablet4U...

A medium tablet is actually more than enough.
>>
I was gifted the Cintiq Pro for Christmas, it's my first Cintiq after using a Bamboo for many years. Problem is, it uses a usb-c cable and my laptop is not compatible with it, and the alternate cables they give you (mini displayport+usb) are for macs. Right now, it gives me a "No Signal" message when it's plugged in and the display screen will quickly shut down but it can be used the same way as tablets without displays.

I've tried a usb-c to usb converter and a mini displayport to hdmi + usb converter and neither have made a difference. Messing around with the display settings on my computer did nothing and I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver multiple times. Calling Wacom tech support was no help and the only thing I could find out from google was a guy from reddit who hasn't figured it out either.

Any help or advice would be appreciated, I'd like to try everything I can before having to settle on selling it or buying a new computer.
>>
>>2793710
Is that a bad thing? I heard lot of people saying that bigger work area is better.
>>
Thanks fellas, OP here. Settled on the Ugee 1910.
>>
>>2793564
Adding virtual tablet for pc and android.
this allows you to use samsung tab a as if it was a drawing tablet. It has pressure sensitivity too!
>>
>>2793766
Fucking hell.
I wanted to buy it but I was afraid that it would be just a luxury expense. And now I can't find it in any store near me.
>>
File: tab a sample.jpg (354KB, 1477x1345px) Image search: [Google]
tab a sample.jpg
354KB, 1477x1345px
>>2793768
Same... I scoured my city for it since it sold so fast.
Here's a sample, tab A connected to PC + photoshop
Srry if animu is not your taste
>>
>>2791268
It also keeps its value pretty well since wacom is slow about developing. Also dont get a touch version and you should save a chunk of money.
>>
>>2793780
Nice.

Is there any lag? Does it gives you trouble with Wacom drivers?
>>
>>2793782
No driver collision. No need to uninstall drivers.
You can connect via blue tooth, wifi and usb.
Wifi has a slight lag.
Haven't tried blue tooth and usb yet.
>>
File: 1481516572981.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481516572981.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>2793792
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to hunt one.
>>
>>2793799
Oh yea, I forgot to mention that virtual tablet does not share display.
Crossing my fingers for shared screen update.
>>
File: le dog punch face.gif (502KB, 400x215px) Image search: [Google]
le dog punch face.gif
502KB, 400x215px
>>2793710
>>2793729
>"too big"

Here we go again!

No it's not a bad thing you silly billy, it's a great thing to have a tablet that close to the size of your monitor. The drawing surface on both the Intuos Large and Giano are like 1-2 square inches bigger than the Cintiq 13HD, roughly the same size as a 15.6 inch Laptop monitor. You don't hear anyone saying the 13HD, the smallest Cintiq Wacom currently makes, is "too big", do you?

>>2793394
>>2793399
I'm sorry to hear that bud

>$30

I take back the overpriced thing but you said 70 in your first post. You tricked me! Anyway, I would tell your parents about it and have them return it if they can broheim. I'm sure you noticed by now, but every stroke you make on that tablet will be magnified by over four times its length by the time it's processed in your computer. You are going to have a hell of a time getting anywhere with that thing when it comes to drawing my man, it's simply not intended for that kind of activity. Don't be rude to your parents, just be nice and tell them it's not the right thing. I'm sure they meant well fampaisano.
>>
>>2793858
Alright, I'll probably just buy Giano then, unless anyone have other suggestions.
>>
>>2791244
The surface area is tiny as fuck. I have like a 25" monitor and the actual drawing area of the 13HD is less than half in height and width. It's incredibly small and useless especially if you're doing more than a single layer, painting-only session where you can go fullscreen. Anything that requires photoshop menus and so on would severely damage your workflow.
>>
>>2791860
Lazy Nezumi pro should be a must for artists. It's seriously convenient.
>>
>>2793902
Make no mistake, the Giano is a great tablet; easily the best currently available for the money, and the second best overall-but it's not perfect. The Wacom stylus is just better and it's definitely something to consider. It's unfortunate that such a simple thing represents a huge increase in price, but personally I don't advocate being cheap if you can help it. This is something you'll ideally be using for at least 5 hours a day, every day. If you really don't want to spend 300+ bones on a used tablet though-and I don't blame you if you don't-the Giano is a great, inexpensive substitute and certainly better than any of Wacom's other offerings short of the larger Cintiq models.
>>
>>2793938
>second best overall

*When it comes to the conventional desktop models, I mean
>>
>>2791217
Bamboo user here. My tablet surface is smooth now contrary to paper surface-esque. What do?
>>
>>2793956
That's a good thing. Wacom's "natural texture" surface is just a sad attempt to get people to buy more nibs. The best tablet design Wacom has ever made, the Intuos 3, had a fairly smooth surface, as do the (intensely overrated) Cintiq models. Then again, seeing as it's not actually meant to be smooth I don't know if maybe it feels kind of sticky or shitty in some other way, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

At any rate, Bamboo tablets are this generation's "Graphire" model and they shouldn't even exist to begin with. You deserve better, famb.

https://www.amazon.com/Huion-Wireless-Graphic-Drawing-Surface/dp/B01CYCOYSU
>>
>>2793956

I had an old CTL-460 Bamboo that I scratched up like hell before I learned about pressure curves and all that

You know what I did? just sanded the fucker through the coating with 400 grit sand paper until it was smooth and satiny
>>
>>2793938
Giano is only like $20 cheaper than the Art medium though, and Giano seems to have more features.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161227-190149.png (209KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161227-190149.png
209KB, 1024x768px
>>2793766
Woah, never knew about this, this is so ingenious, thank you! I might find myself in need of this if I'll ever want to try zbrush. Now I can brag that I have a 250$ cintiq, haha! I'll still stick to drawing directly on it since it's more comfortable to do so on my knees.

>>2793768
Artflow interface. Demonstrating symmetry tool. It's really neat and easy to do character front view with it. I've checked with camelcamelcamel again and all the other stores and concluded that one samsung releases a new version of a series, the old one gets deprecated at all the big name stores(best buy). Your best bet is to put it in a wishlist on amazon or a site that lets you see when its price will drop. I'll probably buy another tab a sooner or later seeing that my brother fucked its microsd tray anyway and now it can't work as a good ebook reader anymore (no more space). I'll probably make my old one work as a cintiq if I ever get a new one. It only lags like hell when I have 30 layers+ or doing some 3d heavy gaming/emulation, nds/gba emulation is flawless though.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161227-191530.png (134KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161227-191530.png
134KB, 768x1024px
>>2794217
and here's a Medibang full UI demo.

It's really full of clutters but you can at least disable 80% of what's on screen.
>>
>>2793673
I have my huion almost year and it don't have one scratch on surfuce, when my bamboo after using for two months has a lot of on it. .
>>
File: Screenshot_20161227-194149.png (266KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161227-194149.png
266KB, 768x1024px
>>2794225
There, less clutters. Normally when using medibang it's best to use 1-bit/8-bit layers if you want to avoid lags.
>>
>>2794261
This is on the Galaxy Tab A?
>>
>>2794265
yah. I don't even use my intuos anymore (well, it's been dead for a long while)
>>
Extreme poorfag here.
Intuos (small) Draw or Art? And why?
a small draw is 100 Canuck dollar before taxes $ and a small Art is 125 (before taxes)
>>
File: Screenshot_20161227-200335.png (247KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161227-200335.png
247KB, 768x1024px
>>2794267
though the best part of medibang despite its shitty ui is the selecting tool and the transform tool. works the same as the good ol paint tool sai (useful for fixing shit proportions and perspective thingies)
>>
File: 350972859.png (6KB, 55x70px) Image search: [Google]
350972859.png
6KB, 55x70px
>>2794261
nice cookie senpai
>>
>>2794274
They have the same specs except that Art has mutitouch, which is a gimmick and you're going to disable anyways.

Go for the Draw.
>>
>>2794274
Do what I did and buy an old tablet off Kijiji or something.

I got my Intuos 3 6x8 with all parts in good condition for $75~ back in early 2014. Don't have to worry about the nibs wearing out either.
>>
File: le excessive rent man face.jpg (41KB, 635x761px) Image search: [Google]
le excessive rent man face.jpg
41KB, 635x761px
>>2794143
The Giano is easily more desirable than any other desktop-style tablet made by Wacom or Huion. However, if money isn't an issue I would personally still take the Intuos Large over the Giano just because of the stylus. At least I think I would.

When it comes to the tablet portion of the device itself, the Giano is actually superior though...

>bigger active area
>smaller overall footprint
>drawing surface material is a smooth rubbery/plasticky thing similar to the Intuos 3 (instead of the Intuos 4-and-Up's "natural texture" nib-eating surface)
>free wireless/battery ($40 for Wacom equivalent I believe)

...but nothing beats the Wacom stylus. It's really only worth the "upgrade" to the Intuos Large if you have money to burn though. I have to concede that I may be only saying this because I'd already had my Intuos Large long before the Giano was made available. Would I have really paid an extra $150 or so because the stylus is slightly better? I guess I can't truly say.
>>
I was playing with the new ipad pro with the apple pencil today and thought it was pretty nice. I've never used a cintiq though so i don't know how it compares.

For people with tablet monitors, is the surface like glass? If so is it really slippery/difficult to get used to the smoothness? How does it compare to a typical wacom surface?

>>2791858
I have a surface pro 4 and found it wouldn't register lighter strokes. I honestly thought that was straight up disqualifying, did you have the same issue?

I kept it because its still a well-made machine and great in every other aspect, but I still use my old intuos medium with it.
>>
>>2794370
What exactly is better about the stylus? Aren't the pressure levels the same between the two?
What does smaller overall footprint mean?
>>
>>2794393
The huion stylus is weird. It has a lot of travel and little resistance and seems like it hits full pressure halfway through said travel. It also doesn't map held keys to the buttons. I prefer it over the old bamboo styli which were trash in their own special way, but it isn't great. It's good enough though.
>>
File: giano-footprint.jpg (119KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
giano-footprint.jpg
119KB, 816x612px
>>2794393
>what better

It's kind of hard to explain.

>pressure levels the same

Mechanically that might be true, but the nib on the Giano's stylus kind of depresses into its shaft when pressure is applied which feels a bit awkward, and it reaches its maximum pressure well before the nib is depressed all the way in. It just seems too easy to achieve maximum pressure, you kind of have to draw quite a bit more lightly with it than you do with a Wacom stylus to get those "in-between" tones. Also it has a battery that needs to be charged, doesn't have an eraser (doesn't necessarily need to be an eraser) or tilt. None of these are close to being deal-breakers in my opinion, but it's something that needs to be said. Is it worth spending twice as much for a used Intuos Large? I guess I really can't say. It depends on your budget I guess.

>footprint

I'm glad you asked, look at this shit. It's hard to see like this, but the Giano actually has a square inch larger active area than the Large and despite that it's much smaller overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpnA0QYEpr0
>>
>>2794407
Yeah, you can map the hand tool to it for example but you won't be able to use it unfortunately, same with other ones like zoom or rotate etc. because the stylus can't handle input from both the nib and the buttons at the same time.
>>
File: giano-medium.jpg (59KB, 816x539px) Image search: [Google]
giano-medium.jpg
59KB, 816x539px
For the hell of it, as long as I happen to have all this stuff lying around here's a picture of it alongside an Intuos Medium to further put its size in perspective. It's about the same "height" but a couple inches wider.

>"too big"
>>
>>2794378
Yes that is a common complaint against the SP4. Try changing your pen sensitivity all the way down to 1 to see if that makes it better. Although since I was using another non-wacom display tablet beforehand it really wasn't that big of a deal and I adjusted pretty quickly. In fact if you didn't mention it I'd have totally forgotten about it.

I think the other issue is the jitters from diagonal lines if you draw slowly. Over the course of the year since I've had it my strokes have gotten fast enough that it became a non-issue. At this point generally if I want to make a particular line I can make it without issue, which is pretty much what I want out of a display tablet in the first place. When I need to ink I use lazy nezumi pro to compensate, otherwise I haven't really had an problem with it in my normal usage.

I feel like using a intuos with it kind of defeats the purpose, why not just get macbook pro instead?
>>
>>2794370
So Wacom is worth it mainly because of its stylus, and there is no way to change that in Giano? Also, Intuos Pro came out over 3 years ago, isn't it outdated yet?

Sorry for stupid questions, I'm really a noob to this.
>>
>>2794581
>So Wacom is worth it

The more I think about it I can't really conclusively say that I'd choose it over the Giano if they'd have both been available at the same time. A new Intuos Large is well over twice as expensive as the Giano and the Giano is probably 90% as good if that makes sense.

>and there is no way to change that in Giano?

I don't think there are any after-market stylus available, no, but it's not really as bad as I might be making it seem. It's not quite as good as the Wacom stylus, no, but it's not heinous by any stretch of the imagination.

>Intuos Pro came out over 3 years ago, isn't it outdated yet?

Nah, tablets aren't like computer components. There's no moving parts and they don't generate any heat. If they break it's often because of negligent/abusive owners or a poor operating environment. You could get a 12 year old, well-used Intuos3 and as long as the previous owner took care of it it'd work just fine I'm sure-but I guess it depends on the software.
>>
>>2791217

Post your work.
>>
Anyone here using a Toshiba Dynapad? I'm thinking of getting one.

Does it slow down when running Clip Studio?
>>
File: not smooth.jpg (59KB, 715x427px) Image search: [Google]
not smooth.jpg
59KB, 715x427px
>>2794002
>>2794142
So that paper texture is just a meme for me to buy more nibs? Good thing my tablet is perfect smooth now and only replaced nibs twice.

I also have another bigger problem tho. My wacom pen pressure is fucked up.

Pic related is a mild case, sometimes it's even worse and occasionally becomes 100% normal. Tried to fix it but I ended up fucking my eraser's copper wire. I think its time to get a new one, maybe huion if it has Linux.

>>2794217
>>2793766
There's an android app called "gfx tablet" and it worked magically with my old Samsung Note 1. It's pretty neat and tried it on krita once. THe only problem is my phone overheats when I use wifi and have the screen turned on (gfx tablet uses wifi) but that overheating is just because my phone is pretty old -5 years.

I think it works on any tablet with pen digitizer.
"gfx tablet" app AFAIK is linux-only, maybe they support windows now.
>>
>>2793759
Not a bad choice, I have one myself. Its not perfect though, the pen pressure works great but the image quality kinda sucks a bit. I spent days calibrating the colors so, if you are gonna do mostly color work, I recommend getting a pro color calibration software. If youre gonna do mostly b&w or flat colors, dont worry.
>>
>>2794798
it doesn't have an official Windows version and it doesn't seem like the official development team will be working on one :(

although i found out that someone is working on an unofficial driver but it lacks the pen pressure : https://github.com/rfc2822/GfxTablet/pull/34

either way, i would need to set up WINE in order to use zbrush and I'm not willing to give up my current laptop for linux. will need to save in order to buy a new workstation...
>>
Will getting a tablet help me shade and color better? Because I suck at doing that on paper.
>>
>>2795006
Probably not. You might be more inclined to practice more with the ease of digital art programs, but it's not going to just make you better at a skill you don't have.
>>
>>2795006
No. software and hardware are mediums. learn the basics first.
>>
>>2795006
Well it won't help you with the "theory" of it or its application, but you will have an ostensibly infinite color palette to work with which helps in a way, I guess.
>>
>>2791217
So, I want to buy my gf a tablet for her work. I dont understand shit about this stuff.
there is something I should know?
>>
>>2795083
Just read this thread.
Read the other tablet threads too.
Fuck, man.
>>
>>2795083
well what kind of artwork does she do? what computer does she use? how much money are you willing to spend?
>>
Anyone tried Intuos Pro special edition?
>>
I'm tossing up between the 13HD and the Companion Hybrid. Being portable would be pretty great, but it's hard as fuck to find and the only seller is an obscure ebay listing that's "like new", so the 13HD is sort of a safer option.

In Australia, so price gouging is pretty insane, 22HD isn't an option as it's over twice the price and a grand is pretty steep as is. Is the 13HD good enough or risk the Companion?
>>
>>2795946
A workmate had the 13 hd and I used it multiple times. Its good, I'd say average. I always felt it way too small though.
>>
has anyone had the experience of switching from a very small screen to a very large screen? I draw on an intuos pro small on a 13in laptop. I've never known anything different, so it's not uncomfortable to me, although I do often wish I had a bigger screen for various reasons. I'm saving right now for a 22HD cintiq and am curious how the transition feels.
>>
>>2796109
Yeah, its kinda unconfortable at first but you get used to it. Dont be a pussy.
>>
Just kidding, OP here again and settling on the newer and shinier Ugee 2150 after reading more reviews.
>>
ive been drawing digitally for years
but always on smaller tablets and a large intous here and there
i really want to move to a screen tablet because i feel like im being held back
should i get a surface pro or maybe a cintiq?
The issue is im kind of a poorfag so i'll take anything decent enough with a screen desu
>>
>>2794281
>useful for fixing shit proportions and perspective thingies
not for you tho. one requires knowledge on these things before fixing anything.
pls read some loomis
>>
>>2795946
the first companion hybrid is absolute dogshit.
its VERY shitty for a portable tablet with lots of noise, overheating and low battery life. just get the 13hd and wait a few generations of hybrids till they make a decent one
>>
>>2796247
Huion, Ugee, Bosto and Xp-pen provide cheaper Cintiq counterparts.
>>
>>2796247
Then cintiq is fucking out of the question. Get a ugee just like apparently everyone else on this thread.
>>
>>2794274

There's a model of turcom that eats anything in the wacom low end

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008Y431CS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=rebel0f-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B008Y40DQU&linkId=ca22b0f2848474bc55d4715d7d010182&th=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugt_15XG4yE

should probably put this in the OP in the next thread desu fampai
>>
>>2791638
So, I've been searching for "newer" models, but it looks like the 1910 hasn't been updated yet. I'm gunning for the 2150 but I'm a little weary of the size (mostly due to desk space, and the fact I've spent three years drawing on a ten inch screen). I've checked various distributors and even the official site and it looks like the 1910 still has the lowest resolution of the bunch (and the most complaints when it comes to the screen).
>>
File: Xpv9fEX.png (27KB, 486x426px) Image search: [Google]
Xpv9fEX.png
27KB, 486x426px
Is there anyway I can set the first button as pan/scroll like Wacom tablets does? For me, it's annoying to use the spacebar for panning in Photoshop
>>
>>2796391
Didn't you read the thread? We literally told you you couldn't do that lmoa; you're going to have to set one of the hotkeys to toggle the hand tool. At least that way you don't have to hold it down.
>>
File: DSC_0141.jpg (579KB, 900x546px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0141.jpg
579KB, 900x546px
>>2796375
No man, by "newer" I ment the new ugee monitors, like the 2150 and the 1560. the 1910 doesn't really have bad resolution if you use the dvi port, but it does have a small viewing angles problem. Pretty sure the new monitors don't have that because HD IPS.

Now in terms of size, even the 1910 feels quite big, as you can see it takes half my desk. I wouldn't even try with the 2150 without a monitor arm. I'd say just go for the 1560, 15 inches is more than enough.
>>
I use a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet to make my sketching at, I am not good so I won't post pictures. anyway I like to sketch some and is learning myself to do some sketching too.

Mostly I use the programs like Infinite Painting and some other ones, but mostly Infinite painting for my sketches.
>>
File: razer-tartarus-chroma-02[1].png (273KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
razer-tartarus-chroma-02[1].png
273KB, 800x600px
I ordered one of these for about half price for comfy left hand keybinds, figured I can bind zoom + and - to the thumbstick up and down, then rotate view left and rotate view right on thumbstick left and right

pan with space

tell me how dumb I am
>>
>>2796578
not as dumb as you think.

I have one and it works awsome. The only difference is I use the thumbstick to alter brush size, and binding other important keys is super easy
>>
File: troll'd in ur gay butthole.jpg (49KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
troll'd in ur gay butthole.jpg
49KB, 500x380px
>>2796578
I've never tried something like that-looks pretty comfy to be honest, family. I remember the similar (but discontinued) "Nostromo" or something like that pad being recommended by Matt Kohr (the ctrlpaint.com guy) in one of his videos, and he's a pretty stand-up dude. He wouldn't steer us wrong.

...would he!?
>>
>>2795946
>active area 11.8 in x 6.7 in
Don't waste your time thinking about this tiny piece of shit.
>>
>>2796602

I wanted a Nostromo but they're like used market memed to hell like old Logitech trackballs

And Razer bought the design from Belkin so I guess it's good enough?
>>
>>2793387
yeah, i picked one up because of the cheap price, the pen sensitivity and tilt are pretty decent no complaints.
the only downside is the resolution in the thing it's very low.
>>
>>2796626
Looks fine to me. It's pretty much the same thing as the Nostromo just spray painted black with some LED lights shoved up its spaghetti hole, if you got it for half MSRP it's not all that bad. I think the Logitech G13 looks pretty cool too and has quite a bit more buttons.

Also I think you can remap the keys on an external usb numpad using third party software somehow. Might be something to look into if you aren't completely committed to that thing just yet fampaisano
>>
>>2796578
That is actually a great idea! I've seen those before but never occurred to me to use it for arting. I may actually get one myself.
>>
I have a 200 dollar budget, what's the best I can get for that?
>>
>>2796578
>$80 for a glorified numpad keyboard
Gee nevermind
>>
>>2796708

49.99 refurb on Newegg, believe me, I wouldn't pay full price, and fuck getting the orb weaver SUPERELITE 2016 CHROMA whatever for 129.99

maybe if I was Ilya Kuvshinov rich though :^)
>>
>>2796701
https://www.amazon.com/Huion-Wireless-Graphic-Drawing-Surface/dp/B01CYCOYSU

>>2796708
Now I remember why I never ended up getting one lmoa. I do have an extra number pad lying around, maybe I'll experiment with a couple different remapping softwares and report back.
>>
File: 00106075.jpg (91KB, 438x604px) Image search: [Google]
00106075.jpg
91KB, 438x604px
>>2796701

Intuos 3 Large Used, 100-200 USD on ebay or amazon used
Intuos Pro Small is 199 right now on amazon
Intuos Pro Medium is 231, which is a pretty good price honestly because it used to be above 300 IIRC

Huion Giano is back at it's preorder price of 139.99, normally it's 159.99
Huion 1060plus is 74.69

I'd save a little more for the Intuos Pro Medium, go for the Giano if you're savvy with where to download their drivers from or taking a while to find a good Intuos 3 on ebay
>>
>>2796749
just bought the intuos 3 medium, cause the large is so fucking big and I literally don't have enough space for it.
>>
Guys, how is the cintiq 21 ux? Is it still good till this day? I know a few Nip senpais use one.
>>
>>2796733
that's still 30 bucks too expensive for some fucking buttons. Shit's a rip off dude.
>>
File: IMG_20161229_215535997_HDR.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161229_215535997_HDR.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>2796773
The large isn't big enough. I want more.
>>
>>2796783
Most any Wacom Cintiq is usable these days. The tracking and immediacy gets better generation after generation, but the older Cintiqs are still perfectly serviceable. They can occasionally be found for a hell of a bargain used, too.
>>
>>2796786
wait, will the square tablet have a problem on a wide-screen monitor? I feel stupid for not thinking about this.
>>
>>2796578
Is there anything like this for right hand?
>>
>>2796794
Yes. It's either going to draw ovals or you're only going to be using the middle of it.
>>
>>2796794
yes. That cintiq is a monstruosity and most of it is gonna be unusable for you.
>>
>>2796798
real fucking glad I noticed in time to cancel. guess I'll need go save up a bit more money.
>>
File: b6f3c6d15b99c65c137fb5b940c759a8.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
b6f3c6d15b99c65c137fb5b940c759a8.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>>2796749
The only thing I'd be worried about with the Intuos 3 Large is that it's not quite the right wide-screen dimensions and I don't recall if you could fit the proportions to your monitor with the older software. Otherwise one of those wouldn't be a bad idea in lieu of the Giano if you're dead set on a Wacom.

>I'd save a little more for the Intuos Pro Medium
>Medium
>good price
>good

I disagree little brother

>go for the Giano if you're savvy with where to download their drivers from or taking a while to find a good Intuos 3 on ebay

I honestly haven't had any problems; it's not like software problems are exclusive to ching-chong tablets in either case. Admittedly I wouldn't trust monoprice or some of those other really-really cheap brands as far as I could throw 'em. The drivers are on their website or in the little 8gb flash drive/wireless adapter.

>>2796773
Intuos 3 Medium isn't all that bad. It has the best surface a material Wacom's tablets ever had (real talk I think the Giano uses the same stuff). What is it, 6x11 (there's a couple different "Medium"s if I recall)? To put it in perspective, even though monitors have been getting bigger and wider over time since its release, the current generation Intuos Medium is 5.3 x 8.5 quite a bit smaller.

You are losing out on quite a few hotkeys vs the newer models, but it's not like you draw with those, anyway. Still, the Giano would have easily been a better choice if it was in your budget.
>>
>>2796808
how much are you willing to spend? have you considered a cintiq alternative?
>>
File: 83-100-026-02.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
83-100-026-02.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>2796794
Yeah if you're going to get the Intuos 3 Medium get the PTZ-631W (6x11 model). Wacom had a bunch of different names for their tablets back then. There was two Mediums and several Larges too, I think (One of them was called the "A5 Regular" or something like that).
>>
File: 7b2[1].jpg (12KB, 320x337px) Image search: [Google]
7b2[1].jpg
12KB, 320x337px
>>2796814

True, just all the bullshit from when windows 8.1 first came out and you had to go into regedit and disable wintab manually for huion's driver to work gave me unpleasant memories
>>
File: ....gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
....gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>2796825
Bleugh...I forgot about Windows Ink/tablet mode or whatever it's called. That'll give a man trouble no matter what tablet he's using.
>>
>>2796831
>>2796825
Is this some bad shill pretending to be 2 people?
>>
File: mugshot.jpg (30KB, 496x497px) Image search: [Google]
mugshot.jpg
30KB, 496x497px
>>2796844
Nah, we're just eh...legitimate businessmen from a big Italian family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCFEk6Y8TmM
>>
File: 03106105.png (229KB, 365x336px) Image search: [Google]
03106105.png
229KB, 365x336px
>>2796844

I just like talking about tablets. I'm not a Huion shill, in fact I kind of hate my Giano and wish I had a Intuos 3-4 or pro Medium. But I liked my H610 pro more than the Bamboo CTL-460 it replaced when I lost my stylus for it.

But as a company that's taking the fight to Wacom's complacent dominance if only to progress the technology of graphics tablets I'll root for them and recommend their good products where it makes sense to recommend them

I can't speak for Giovanni other than he seems like a funny memer and has more first hand experience and money than I do to have the tablets he has.
>>
I wanted to address the "ergonomics" topic some memers have been posting about tablets and pen displays, from my own experience. I work drawing for 8-10+ hours a day and my main digital tool was an intuos 4 I used for almost 5 years. My worstation setup was ergonomically correct and all but with time I started having cramps on my shoulders that developed into chronic pain. It got to the point that I couldnt work for 2 straight hours without feeling intense pain. A year ago I started using a wood laptop stand that would lift the tablet, and that felt a lot more confortable for a while, though a little pain will appear when working long hours. A couple of months ago I got an XP-pen monitor, it was weird at the start and I noticed a little pressure on my wrist and elbow but by the second week I was already used to the position, and I haven't had pain on my shoulders ever since. I guess it's not the same for everyone, and depends on how you draw (I kinda use the elbow a lot and shit) but I just wanted to say, those memes are bullshit.
>>
File: blaise it.jpg (72KB, 697x614px) Image search: [Google]
blaise it.jpg
72KB, 697x614px
>>2796907
>"if you use proper posture-which in this case wasn't proper at all because the laptop's monitor was probably nowhere near your eye-level/brow line before you got your stand, and may have been at your shoulder level or below-that means you're invincible and can do what you want all day every day with no breaks"

*breath in*

boi
>>
>>2796923
>laptop's monitor
I said I draw for 10+ hours a day, you think I do that on a shitty fucking laptop? I use a desktop pc with a 22 inch hd monitor. The laptop stand was just for the intuos you retard.
>>
File: AaqIIgW.png (762KB, 1419x643px) Image search: [Google]
AaqIIgW.png
762KB, 1419x643px
Did I fucked up, /ic/? It's the old model of the Intuos Pros.
I didn't mind spending the $200.
>>
>>2796947
I'll admit I misread, but don't get mad at me for your brittle-ass bones, pussy-nigga! You've just jumped from the frying pan and into the fire, and if you don't believe me now, come see me in six months when your head pops clean off your neck like a twist-off beer bottle.
>>
Should I get Giano, or Intuos Pro worth extra $100?
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (30KB, 511x575px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
30KB, 511x575px
>>2796872
>I kind of hate my Giano and wish I had a Intuos 3-4 or pro Medium

You hate Giano? You're into that little Wacom girl down the street? She's barely of age and everyone's been using her. Santo Cielo! What will Mama Giano say!?

>>2796958
If you don't mind spending the $200 you probably should have gone for the gold and gotten the Large for $100 more, fampaisano

>>2796974
Because of the stylus I'd say it's close enough to where if you can comfortably eat $100 I'd strongly consider going with the Intuos. If it's the Large you're talking about anyway; I wouldn't personally take an Intuos Medium over the Giano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJFI53qZ7xY
>>
>>2797024
>If it's the Large you're talking about anyway; I wouldn't personally take an Intuos Medium over the Giano
I was thinking about Pro Medium. I don't think I'll need large, at least I hope not.
>>
>>2797024
>>2796958

I might get a larger later in the future, but maybe the Intuos 4 large if I can find a decent one.
I am currently using a CTL-480.
>>
>>2796958
yes, the buttons on it are shit and the new one is improved
>>
>>2797050
Well, at least I use my keyboard most of the time.
>>
File: 1416204519378.jpg (8KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1416204519378.jpg
8KB, 250x230px
It may be retarded question does any one know install hanvon tablet driver for linux mint?
>>
Does the tablet argument boil down to anons who have used larger tablets and those who have carpal tunnel and stockholm syndrome from drawing on postage stamps? I've seen it for years both online and IRL and it always seems to come back to whether you're one of those fuckers who does microscopic wrist motions and can't fill an A4 sheet of paper with a figure or one of those fuckers who can't fit a portrait on an 18x24 canvas.
>>
I ordered a Miix 700 as a poorfag Surface Pro alternative and shipment is on the way.

Anyone here who has experience with one?
>>
I recently bought the Huion GT-220, it works beautifully. But I was afraid that I couldn't ignore the gap between the pen and cursor, but after 2 weeks you don't notice it anymore. I just miss having buttons. It doesn't feel like it's better or faster than drawing on my intous pro, I just like it as a gimmick.
>>
>>2797340
Really? with the intuos I always felt a weird separation between my hand and my drawing, the pen display feels a lot more like drawing traditional, wich I'm way more used to than digital.
>>
File: m'loomis.jpg (84KB, 696x587px) Image search: [Google]
m'loomis.jpg
84KB, 696x587px
>>2797267
It's not so much an issue with the "personality' of the artist i.e. whether they're the kind of people that habitually draw in large motions or small ones. Even if you get a Large tablet you will likely spend the majority of the time drawing on a small portion of that big surface somewhere near the center. That doesn't mean the rest of the tablet is wasted, though.

Small and even Medium-sized tablets make it very difficult to draw freehand because you're stuffing your entire monitor onto a postcard-sized drawing surface. So to use one example if you draw a circle that has a two inch/5cm whatever circumference in reality on that tablet, that shape will appear upwards of 2-3 times that size when it's translated onto your computer screen. This is where I believe the "disconnect" people report feeling when using conventional tablets comes from, contrary to the prevailing notion that it's because you're "not looking where you draw".

Both the Huion Giano and Intuos Large tablets have similar drawing surface dimensions to the screen of a 15 inch monitor. They are very accurate and pleasant to draw with on most normal 15-23 inch monitors, and I'm pretty insistent on selecting either of those two to the exception of all others because of it.
>>
>>2791217
I just got a Fujitsu t732, a bit old(but not too old, the specs are about the same as a cintiq 1)

I'll keep you guys updated on it when it arrives, they go for super cheap on ebay, around $130

Considering that the artist Daarken has used older models to great success, I figure I'll just take the plunge
>>
>>2791232
they use to sell hanvons in America here, don't know what happened to them though

They were surprisingly good quality
>>
>>2796958
well, you could have gotten an intuos4 medium for half that price
>>
>>2797086

The last I heard about Chinese tablet support for linux was some horribly cobbled together thing made from wacom's linux driver

I wanted to try xubuntu and krita out but it was a no go with my hardware
>>
>>2797305

Lenovo is about the same level quality as Asus, which is better than most Taiwan/China OEMs

Did you remember to get the stylus too because it's sold separately.
>>
File: ugee hk1560.png (578KB, 761x762px) Image search: [Google]
ugee hk1560.png
578KB, 761x762px
Just ordered a Ugee HK1560 + a small "gaming" keyboard for $400

Anyone have any experiences with it? I've heard great reviews, but just wanted to get another d/ic/k's opinion.
>>
Anyone have any tips on warm up excercises to protect my wrists?

inb4 muh ergonomy.
>>
Giovanni, what if my monitor is 23" 1080p? would 13HD (also being a 1080p monitor) be fine with it, or will it be a waste?
>>
>>2798783
Do people actually have this problem? I've never once had it in the 6 years I've been painting.
>>
>>2798879
I don't have issues either, but reading about strain on every tablet thread makes me sort of nervous.
>>
>>2798879
Happened to me when I drew 7+ hours a day (either on paper or a tablet), got some bad shoulder pains.
>>
>>2798438
I have the 1910 and tried the 2150, the pen performance was great in both, surely that one will be no exception. Just don't install the cd, download the latest driver from their website. Oh and try not to drop the pens to the floor, they get damaged very easily.
>>2798879
I've dealt with shoulder and wrist pain, tendonitis on my hand and severe eye strain. Drawing digital was my main job and I was working way too much hours a day though. If this is just your hobbie, you'll be fine.
>>
File: 10390850_f520.jpg (51KB, 520x993px) Image search: [Google]
10390850_f520.jpg
51KB, 520x993px
>>2798874
I assume you mean using the 13HD as a 'traditional' tablet with its screen reserved moreso for utilitarian purposes, (housing toolbars and dockers, etc.)?

Resolution parity is certainly important, otherwise any shapes you draw will be warped. However, most tablets are made assuming 1920x1080 resolution anyway, it's more about the overall size of the active area of your tablet opposite the overall size of the display you're using it on. Depending on how great the difference in size between the two it becomes the primary cause in that disparity between "seeing vs doing" a lot of tablet users report. With that in mind the 13HD wouldn't be that bad to use in that manner. Its drawing surface is about 2 x 1 inches larger than an Intuos Medium and only around 1 x 1.25 inches smaller than the Large. That doesn't sound like much but those inches definitely add up

A 23-inch monitor is starting to push it even for an Intuos Large (t. second monitor is exactly that) if you're looking for really tight control, but isn't bad by any means. Given that the 13HD is only a little smaller it might be worth a try if you're having color issues with the Cintiq or are simply tired of using the otherwise very cramped screen itself.

If you're entertaining the thought of buying a 13HD for that express purpose I'd really recommend against it, but if you already have one and are looking for a change of pace it might be something you can try playing around with. It should work similar or better than nearly all other conventional tablet options, with a handful of exceptions of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWqKPWO5T4o
>>
>>2799027
I don't know if I'm too tired to understand half of what you're typing but the main idea is to relace my tiny intuos for art and sketching proposes

I don't have any space on my desk for 22" cintiq (plus I don't think it's worth more than double of what 13HD is being offered for).

Assuming I won't be looking at my main screen at all while drawing (after all the cintiq is a screen on its own) I wonder if there will be any problems with its active area
>>
>>2798907
Do the tablets have pen-tilt and good pressure sensitivity? I can't seem to find if it'll work with clip studio paint either
>>
>>2799053
I guess I misunderstood you. No, if you're drawing on your screen that's it man, badda-bing badda-boom. Your secondary monitor won't have any effect on your Cintiq's operation one way or the other.

One thing I will say is that the Cintiq 13HD is pretty small though bruh. Get out a piece of office paper if you have one available and really take a good look at it because that Cintiq's screen is about a square inch smaller than that piece of paper overall (1.75 inches shorter, .75 inches wider). Just make sure you know what you're getting into.

I had a similarly sized 12WX and I didn't care for it myself-no sense in paying such a huge premium just to draw on a much smaller screen than you otherwise would be, you know? I still think a second 20-inch monitor and an Intuos Large would be a much more prudent investment, but if you are intent on a screen tablet I would strongly consider getting something bigger than the 13HD. If it has to be an alternative brand to Wacom for you to afford it I would weigh my options there (after watching and reading plenty of reviews that don't sound like they were written by a sneaky chinaman, of course).

With the difference in cost between the Cintiq 22HD and some of the similarly sized off-brand screen tablets you could easily afford a new desk to house it and it might be worth it as opposed to slogging it out with a 13HD.
>>
Are there any that are similar to Ipad pros but around $500 bucks that I can put clip studio paint and photoshop on?
>>
>>2799088
I usually draw on A4, so I guess it'll be easier for me to get used to. The only problem is taking all the menus/software layouts into account, they'll probably take something from that active space too

>afford a new desk to house it and it might be worth it
Yeah, problem is not the desk, it's that I barely have any space for anything else unless I move out. The one I have right now is the largest one I can use with what I have

>If it has to be an alternative brand to Wacom for you to afford it I would weigh my options there
Any recommandations, tablet general? I kinda worry using a lesser known brand after some experiences I had with cheap tablets in the past, but maybe something has changed. All I want is a reliable product that won't die on me
>>
>>2793718
Holy shit anon did you get it sorted out somehow? I'm sorry I'm no help but fuck that sounds awful, I'm disgusted Wacom didn't offer any help
>>
>>2799091
surface pro or thinkpad x220 tablet
>>
>>2799157
>I'm disgusted Wacom didn't offer any help
That's par the course for them mate
>>
>>2793718
Please try the EU drivers, not sure if it's related to your problem but mine wouldn't work with the drivers found on the CD THAT CAME WITH IT, or the ones from wacom dot com..., imagine my surprise finding out at the bottom of a radnom internet thread a day later that I need drivers from their EU website. THE FUCK?!

anyways, doesn't hurt to try. but uninstall previous ones first.

http://www.wacom.eu/index4.asp?pid=29
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (133KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
133KB, 1360x768px
>>2794427
Just got my Giano yesterday, and I'm having issues with the pen sensitivity. I figure since you're a shill, you might be able to help me with the customer support.

It's not just that it hits maximum pressure too lightly; it never reaches less than 75% pressure. I go from too light for the tablet to detect the pen's contact straight to 75%, and then a little more force brings it up to 100%. I'm getting SOME variation in line width, but all the lines end blunted instead of tapering.
>>
>>2799186
Seriously? with so many positive opinions on their products I'm shocked they don't have amazing customer service

Never had to use it snce I never had any problems with my Intuos but I'd be screwed and mad as fuck if I paid that much to get a product that doesn't work
>>
I want to get Intuos Pro, but its too expensive... Probably will just do it though, even though it'll be my first tablet.
>>
>>2799205
You on Windows? Tried any other program?
>>
So for people who has Giano or any other tablet without touch functions. How do you compensate for lack of tilt and rotation?
>>
>>2799259
Keyboard.
>>
I recently started digging into more tablets on par with the Cintiq, has anyone checked out or tried the parblo coast22 displays? I'm thinking myself of getting one after seeing a review by Sycra and reading the ones currently on Amazon.

http://parblo.com/parblo_coast22_detailpage

The thing that caught my eye is the battery less pen, high resolution, and the flexibility of the back stand.
>>
>>2799296
>battery less pen
Aw shit nigga Wacom is gonna sue the pants off of those fuckers, they hold the patent for battery-less pens
>>
>>2799167
thank you C:
>>
>>2799315
No they don't. The specific patent people keep bringing up expired a decade ago.
>>
>>2798907
Thanks! Hope it works as expected, can't wait for it.

>>2799079
Here's an excerpt from a review of the 2150
>I’ve had better experience with software compatibility with Ugee/Yiynova drivers, though this may be addressed in the future. With the Huion, I experienced sporadic issues with Mischief, and it would not work with Paint Tool Sai 1.1. The Ugee and Yiynova work perfectly with SAI and Mischief, aside from very rare, brief hiccups that fix themselves in a matter of seconds. The Huion, Ugee, and Yiynova all work with Photoshop, Illustrator, Autodesk Sketchbook, and even obscure software such as Pixologic’s Sculptris.

If it works with all those I'm confident Clip Studio Paint will as well.
>>
File: The only OC on IC Season 2.png (1MB, 2673x1595px) Image search: [Google]
The only OC on IC Season 2.png
1MB, 2673x1595px
>>2799253
I have not. I pretty much only use PS CS6. Is it just a problem with PS, or is there a workaround? Thanks.

>>2799259
I've never had a tablet with Tilt or Rotation, so I never learned any situation where those are really useful. What situations do they come up in?
>>
>>2799253
>>2799408
Update: Problem solved by uninstalling the latest driver and installing the driver that came on the USB drive. I'm happy now.
>>
File: pen pressure.png (84KB, 1523x1449px) Image search: [Google]
pen pressure.png
84KB, 1523x1449px
>>2799490
Good, I was about to tell you to do some shit that I found out photoshop doesn't even have.
>>
File: 1000HoursADay.png (587KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1000HoursADay.png
587KB, 800x1200px
>>2799494
Good looking out, though. Is CSP fun to work with?
>>
File: porn filter.png (7KB, 386x198px) Image search: [Google]
porn filter.png
7KB, 386x198px
>>2799499
It's extremely focused in the best possible way. The pencil is amazing, the pens are just like manga nibs, it has all kinds of drafting tools for comics and illustration, creating and editing vectors are braindead simple--you can draw like crap and then just draw through the lines you don't want to erase them and make a closed vector. There's plenty of brushes to download and it's relatively easy to make new ones.

It isn't as powerful once you move past sketching, inking and illustrative painting . The brush engine is good but I haven't really tested the limits of what it can do. The new version finally has pressure to opacity. But it's affordable, has regular updates and only rolls out a new version when there are actual significant changes.

It's flawless for linework and comic illustration and has a no-bullshit workflow that's essentially a manga artist's drafting table with added features like shit like mesh transform and other aids, but the photo editing tools for final color and composition are a little lacking.
>>
>>2799079
I work with manga studio 5 ex everyday with my ugee, works perfectly. but no pen tilt, ive never needed that feature though.
>>
>>2799511
Sounds good; I'm sold.
>>
>>2796958
As the others have mentioned, the buttons are shit and the touch feature is kinda useless (to me, at least) but the tablet feels great to draw on! I've had some cheaper monitor tablets, but I always end up going back to my Intuos 5.
>>
It's new year and I still don't know what tablet to get.
>>
>>2799560
refurbished intuos 3, 9 x 12
>>
>>2799560
well, what kind of art do you do? you want to draw on a screen or not? and more importat, what's your budget?
>>
File: 51ViWhtLVIL.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51ViWhtLVIL.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
So what's the deal with so many of these pen displays of different brands being so similar? I've been looking around, the Ugee 1910, Monoprice 19'' and Huion GT190 are pretty much the same monitor in every way. I just found this one Fex ArchStone Pro "Fex-1900" from some company i've never heard of, and it looks exactly the same as the ugee 1910, even exact same specs.
Am I missing something?
>>
File: dcbeaf1c9af10bf1c94bafac15ae3ee9.jpg (274KB, 1024x978px) Image search: [Google]
dcbeaf1c9af10bf1c94bafac15ae3ee9.jpg
274KB, 1024x978px
>>2799617
http://www.parkablogs.com/picture/review-ugee-ug-2150-pen-display-monitor

>But there IS an important difference: even though the Ugee 2150 looks identical to the black Huion GT-220, it shares the same UC-Logic digitizer as Yiynova’s tablet monitors. In other words, the technology that registers the stylus location and pressure, which is built in behind the LCD panel, is different. Huion develops their digitizer technology internally, though if I had to guess, I’d say it’s somehow derived from UC-Logic. They then sell these products to Monoprice and Turcom (so when you buy a Monoprice or Turcom tablet monitor, you literally are buying a rebranded Huion product). However, the Ugee is not a rebranded Huion. Both Ugee and Yiynova are partners of a separate company, UC-Logic, which develops their own digitizer technology.

>The world of Chinese manufacturing is shadowy and labyrinthine indeed.
Welcome to chinese electronics.
>>
File: realization.jpg (11KB, 319x197px) Image search: [Google]
realization.jpg
11KB, 319x197px
>draw on my tablet all day
>think about upgrading to a monitor tablet for a while
>sudden realization that I won't be able to draw with a montior tablet on my lap, my back resting comfortably in the chair's back rest

Sacrifices have to be made. This is a big deal.
>>
>>2799636
do it you pussy
>>
File: 1455260116443.jpg (60KB, 466x432px) Image search: [Google]
1455260116443.jpg
60KB, 466x432px
hi guys total digital art noob here, i wanted to give digital drawing a shot. I´m searching for a beginner model for a decent price, it really doesnt need to be the fanciest tablet. Just a decent one for a reasonable price, i got around 80$ at my disposal. Do you guys have any recommendations for me?
>>
>>2799662
fuck off
>>
File: best girl.gif (437KB, 367x275px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.gif
437KB, 367x275px
>>2799662
Unlike twin peaks, there is no obvious best girl. The huion 1060 is bigger and better than the entry level wacoms and what I would have gotten if I didn't get the giano.

I don't know how you manage regret but I felt more ripped off with the old bamboo CTL-somethingsomething because it was small, useless and 130 dollars than I would having 70 bucks worth of chinkshit crap out on me. Buy the extended warranty if that scares you.
>>
>>2799636
oh fuck i do that too, thats why i wont get a cintiq
>>
Is there ever any amazing sales on Cintiq tablets or is it pretty much a Wacom-knows-they're-the-only-game-in-town-so-they-can-charge-whatever-the-fuck-they-want?
>>
File: osdcolor1.jpg (47KB, 490x368px) Image search: [Google]
osdcolor1.jpg
47KB, 490x368px
>>2799623
oh I see, I should have expect the chinese to be sketchy... But hey! thanks to that little review I finally got to know how to lower the screen brightness without crushing the colors, so thanks!
>>
>>2799685
so the huion 1060 is a safe bet? And what would be some of these chink tablets? like i said i just want to give digital drawing a shot, maybe i wont like the feel of drawing on a tablet and never use it. It really doesnt need to be fancy
>>
>>2799785

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008Y431CS/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_3_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRq65ryJVE

If you want to spend 44 bucks more get a Huion 1060plus
>>
>>2799785
It's a good size and won't hold you back. If you draw big, get the huion at the minimum. If not you can save money on something smaller, although using a small tablet with a larger screen is awkward.
>>
>>2799826
ok so the Huion 1060 is 80€ on german amzon which is the upper end of my budget, but just 60€ on ebay, but its send from Hokong, which means i can´t really return it if i dont like it. Just found the h610 pro which is just 60€ on Amazon.
Which is the same price range like the Wacom CTL-490DW-S Intuos Draw.
>what do
>risk to order the cheap H1060 sent from Honkong
>get the Huion H610 from amazon
>or get the Wacom CTL-490?
>>
File: weucILr.png (8KB, 510x146px) Image search: [Google]
weucILr.png
8KB, 510x146px
>>2799543
It's not going to be a problem for me. I mostly use hotkeys on my keyboard anyways. The only hotkey I use on my current wacom tablet is the switch display/monitor.
I don't know how to have this express key on my keyboard.
>>
>>2799860
Buy from amazon uk and crash the pound with no survivors?
>>
>>2799860
Also depending where you live keep in mind the customs fees, I had to pay about €30 extra to get mine delivered from Hong Kong to the EU.
>>
>>2799860
if you don't absolutely need the sdcard slot I would go with the h610. I have the pro but I doubt the line resolution would be noticeable.
>>
>>2791217

>Tfw no tablet since my intuos was broken by by nephew months ago

I barely used it anyway, and retreated back into my sketchbooks. But now I want to get back into producing digital art and I'm wondering if I should bother with the intuos again.

To be fair I had a small version (because I was cheap) when a medium would have served my big hands better.

What medium sized tablets do you guys use?
>>
>>2799876
Only the memest. >>2796786
>>
Are intuos3 tablets still relevant? I could get a really nice looking one relatively cheap. I want to replace my shitty small Wacom Bamboo.
>>
>>2799871
>for clarification, that´s the offer, no shipping costs and 74 including the fees
http://www.ebay.de/itm/like/Huion-1060-PLUS-Grafik-Grafiktablet-Zeichenstift-Tablette-12-HotTasten-8GB-Karte-/401219208987?roken=cUgayN
>>2799868
doesn´t reall work anymore, the courses are fairly identical and the shipping is fairly expensive. Used to work though i bought Archer Seasons on DVD really cheap right after brexit, ayyyy lmao
>>2799874
i dont think that i need a sd slot, i will have it plugged into my pc at all times and that has a 400gb free space atm. Or is there any specific use for the sd card slot?
>>
>>2799883

They're still the best tablets till this day. Don't be fooled by their age.
>>
File: mouse.jpg (77KB, 360x244px) Image search: [Google]
mouse.jpg
77KB, 360x244px
>>2791217
I come from other thread and this is a bit off topic.
What is the recommended software to use if I draw with a mouse?
>>
>>2799902
I'll be getting one then, thanks anon.

Are there any problems with drivers under Windows 7 and up?
>>
>>2799891
>Or is there any specific use for the sd card slot?
not really
>>
>>2799926
works fine for vista, 7, and 8

I don't have windows 10 installed on any of my computers so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>2799938
ok, i guess i will settle for the h610, seems like a good well rounded choice
>>2799868
>>2799871
>>2799874
>>2799826
>>2799685
thank you for the advice guys
>>
File: cancro italiano.jpg (33KB, 595x540px) Image search: [Google]
cancro italiano.jpg
33KB, 595x540px
>>2799812

>'beginner tablet'

Gesù Cristo

People need to stop stringing these two words together like they mean anything. There are tablets that suck (like 95% of them) and ones that don't (Screened tablets, Intuos 'X' Large, Giano), and that's it. 8 x 5 tablets suck no matter how inexpensive they are, but this one seems to have a set of problems all its own

>27% 1-2 star reviews

If you want to use something that sucks wind because you'd rather gimp yourself for years with inferior hardware than spend another hundred dollars or so that's your business, but don't say I didn't warn you. I bet you won't be this stingy next time you're considering upgrading your graphics card will you?

WILL YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0h-6ug8gRk
>>
>>2799088
to be fair the 13hd is not -that- small, the problem is is that it's 16:9, so you gotta REALLY eliminate as much UI clutter as possible
i would only recommend it to people who want to do basic sketching or especially animation
i've drawn on a 4:3 10-11 incher before and it felt pretty comfortable, would definitely not use it for large/detailed projects though
>>
>>2800025
Then it's literally perfect for me.

>tfw there's only one store that sells those tablets in my country
>they have bad customer service from what I've read and seen on their pages
>products are much more expensive on their store vs. importing on my own
>but they have warranty

What do? I don't wanna get fucked.
>>
File: hand-hold-pencil-17374900.jpg (19KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
hand-hold-pencil-17374900.jpg
19KB, 300x450px
I have a cintiq 12wx and when I draw like pic related it generally doesn't work, is there a way to adjust for that kind of method of drawing?
>>
File: philosophy.jpg (44KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
philosophy.jpg
44KB, 500x667px
>>2800086
You hold your stylus upside down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utGQXxlj0YE
>>
>>2800106
In all seriousness I'm assuming you mean like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMC0Cx3Uk84 ?

The only stylus I'm aware of that allows for something close to that kind of drawing motion is the Apple Pencil®. Nothing made by any other company allows for that kind of "overhand" drawing as far as I'm aware
>>
when people ask about pen tilt, what does that mean? And do only wacom tablets have that function?
>>
>>2800117
yes the overhand method of drawing.

Have to wonder if its feasible with a Surface Studio...
>>
File: fam.jpg (35KB, 609x96px) Image search: [Google]
fam.jpg
35KB, 609x96px
>>2800153
Pen tilt is when the stylus and tablet are able to translate the angle you're holding your stylus into data that changes the shape and dimensions of the brush in the software you're using. It's a novel concept but not really essential; some people really like it though.

>>2800157
Don't be taken in by that gorgeous monitor, the Surface Studio is uh...not good for its intended purpose-and judging by the shape of the stylus I doubt it works in that manner, either.

https://youtu.be/9NhyDiiaXic?t=4m44s (copy/paste link; don't embed)

With most styli you're going to be moving around in a similar motion to using a pen so you might as well get used to it bud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgDNDOKnArk
>>
What's everyone's opinion on Giano?
>>
File: worry.jpg (25KB, 584x432px) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
25KB, 584x432px
>>2800280
>>
>>2799920
MSPaint, you poorfuck. Get a starter tablet for $70.
>>
Ok so I'm trying to get into digital art and finally buying a tablet and was wondering if the Wacom Intuos Draw was a good start. The 60$ one I mean, thank you.
>>
File: tm44LHmF.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tm44LHmF.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>2799992
i dont think that you understand me either, i don´t want to spent 350€ on a fucking tablet, that maybe is going to be used like 5 times and than wind up useless in my cupboard. I just want a decent tablet that gives an enjoyable experience, not some high end shit.
>tl;dr again
>i want to try digital painting
>80€ budget
>i dont need the fanciest shit
>should work fine
>>
>>2799636
lol, ever heard of an ergotron arm?
>>
File: v.jpg (50KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
50KB, 640x357px
>>2800446
Same here
>Studying art major and want to give digital a try
>Don´t have much cash because art is pricey
>Anything that works on win or linux common software will do
>I don´t want to draw throu the wrist so a bigger one would be a plus

Guys what do you recommend, I´ve read about the giano and the 1060 pro but you all seem to have mixed opinions on hiuon

What do you recommend?
>>
>>2800451
no idea about the 1060 but the giano is fine. only cons i've found are that the drivers don't have custom profiles for software and occasional wireless issues(completely solved by moving the tablet ~2 inches away from my pc).
>>
>>2800464
What do you mean by custom profiles?
Not being able to reasign the buttons?
>>
>>2800466
you can reassign the buttons, custom profiles is just specific assignments depending on what software you're using. say pen button 1 is space in photoshop but something else in krita.
>>
File: 1480058356103.png (659KB, 772x566px) Image search: [Google]
1480058356103.png
659KB, 772x566px
>>2800469
ok, thanks anon
>>
>>2794515
Not him but, did yours also have the cursor off center? I dove in and got a SP4 and aside from the other issues stated, that one bugs me the most.
>>
>>2800446
>i don´t want to spent 350€ on a fucking tablet, that maybe is going to be used like 5 times and than wind up useless in my cupboard

Then spend 150€~ on a tablet that's going to be used like 5 times and return it after the fact instead, paisan. It's not going to spontaneously combust at that point, and at least it will have been useful for those 5 times you've used it. If you're that certain you're going to give up that quick you should probably not buy anything like that at all but it's your money my man.

>>2800451
If art is your college major you have no reason not to go all-in with digital because that's where most of the work is done these days.

>you go to an abstract art school, don't you

Anyway, the 1060 pro has six gorillion hotkeys which is pretty cool, but the Giano is still far better for actually drawing. Hotkeys and other flourishes are a periphery consideration, especially if your setup allows for easy access to the keyboard.

Drawing Surface Area > Stylus > Everything Else
>>
I have a Huion GT-190S, is it good?
>>
>>2800683
i also have a huion gt 190s. ive had it for almost 2 years now, hasnt crapped out on me yet, colors are meh tho
>>
File: say what.jpg (8KB, 476x289px) Image search: [Google]
say what.jpg
8KB, 476x289px
>>2800678
>implying wasting 150€ on something that i will drop a month after using it is a good idea.

>waste

...b-but you can just sell it/return it fampaisan, it's never been easier; most of your money isn't really going anywhere man-just think of it as taking a different shape for a while. Assuming you can't return it for whatever reason I'm sure you could at least sell it for 80~% of what you bought it for or so-depending on where you live I guess. Wasting money would be buying a copy of the newest Madden game for $60 knowing that it will be worth $10 or less within 6 months, tools are different.

If you're really that sure you're just going to drop it that quickly why would you bother to begin with either way, though?

Genuinely curious. I assume you're just engaging in a little hyperbole, but if you're even entertaining the thought of using this thing a couple times a week the Giano is still far better choice; I have a hard time believing that $70 additional dollars is going to break you.

>>2800683
Huh?

You're the one that has it, you tell us man.
>>
>>2800683
You have it dude, just look at it
>>
if you cant draw on a small tablet, you need to git gud

dropping xbox1 prices on something i know most people are not making money on, is retarded given the capabilities

start small, go bigger if you can afford it.
>>
>>2801070
yeah, get used to drawing only with your wrist, and then change to a bigger screen where you would need to learn to use your elbow and youre fucked. Idiot.
>>
Does Huion product actually break easily compared to Wacom product?
>>
>>2793718
Justin Roiland asked this exact question on his twitter...
>>
File: 110401wacomi3a.jpg (58KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
110401wacomi3a.jpg
58KB, 640x512px
>>2801595
Huion products can withstand heavy use just fine. Just be careful not to drop it, hit it or scratch it when carrying it around, but same goes for wacom or any other brand
>>
File: tablet.png (53KB, 1105x473px) Image search: [Google]
tablet.png
53KB, 1105x473px
Thanks a lot for this thread. I didn't know of Chinese manufacturers, I was already thinking my budget would limit me to a 6.0 x 3.7" Wacom.

Questions: if I want to buy it and not care about it in a long time, is the stuff in pic related all I need? Should I get anything else? Will it install easily on Windows 7 x64?

Thanks.
>>
>>2801797
>Will it install easily on Windows 7 x64
Yep, but download drivers from their page. I heard people don't recommend install it from CD.
And yes, it's all you need.
>>
>>2801820
Thanks mate. I don't have an optical drive so I can't use CDs anyway.
>>
Okay, sorry for asking all these Huion questions, but I think I made up my mind on buying Huion product. So which one do I buy? Giano or 1060 Plus? Or is there any other recommendations?
>>
>>2801941
Take Giano, if you have money for it.
>>
ive got an old as fuck huion h610 and it still works fine although the cable is a little finnicky

my nibs are in shit condition though
>>
>>2796825
I had to do that for my wacom too on win7
>>
is it bad if i draw with my tablet directly beside my laptop? ive seen people say to put in directly in front of you but i cant get used it.
>>
>>2802215
No, it's perfectly fine if that's what you feel comfortable with.
>>
>>2800649
>>2800649
would go dor a cinq if I had that much money dude, I doubt i will ever be able to repay for the Giano (that I already ordered) only from my art work tbqh
I don´t know how to sell online shit and irl art in here doesn´t sell for shit unless you´re fucking famous already so yeah
>>
>>2802215
I only do beside my laptop because I have the desk space and I feel a bit cramped if it's between the laptop and me. Whatever is comfortable.
>>
File: 1483425641122.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1483425641122.gif
3MB, 257x212px
Im currently in Tokyo and was hoping to get a decent price on a drawing tablet. I've never done any digital drawing and was hoping to start off with a drawing tablet with a screen right off the bat. What are some good cheaper alternatives to the Cintiq? So far the Huion GT-190S looks most promising.
>>
>>2802566
While more expensive the Huion GT-185HD and Huion KAMVAS GT-156HD are better in most cases. For me the higher resolution is worth it.
>>
Would I have any problems using tablets being left handed? Ive heard some tablets having left hand support which makes me wonder whether I'll be able to use ones that dont.
>>
>>2802586
Ive never encountered a tablet or pen display that didnt support left handed
>>
File: tbh.jpg (22KB, 528x745px) Image search: [Google]
tbh.jpg
22KB, 528x745px
>>2801070
If drawing on a small tablet wasn't a complete mess there'd be no reason to get something bigger. They're economically priced, unobtrusive devices that could hypothetically be stashed away anywhere when you're done and just as easily brought with you wherever you go. Unfortunately none of that stuff makes up for how unnatural drawing with them is.

>>2801298
You're right, but pls...no bully!

>>2801595
I don't know to be honest. The tablet itself is just a slab so I doubt that it would break under most normal circumstances, but the pen with its rechargeable battery is another story. I'm not certain what the lifetime of the batteries in them is nor if you can replace them yourself.

>>2801797
You probably won't need any of that extra stuff. It comes with a cord and extra nibs already (you should also get the Giano instead bud)

>>2801941
Giano hands-down. especially if your monitor is over 15 inches. It's all about relative size. A mid size tablet in my experience feels pretty good on like a 10 inch monitor and progressively shittier the bigger you go.

>>2802215
Ergonomically maybe, if your neck is constantly turned to one side that might not be good for you, man.

>>2802294
It's less than $200 bud, but I guess if you live somewhere in east asia or eastern europe that could constitute quite an investment.

>>2802566
28% 1-2 star reviews on Amazon. I wouldn't if I were you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc3yji0G84
>>
>>2802566
>Huion GT-190S
if you want a non hd 19 inch with mediocre colors, I would recommend the Ugee 1910, at least the pen performance on the Ugee doesn't suck.
>>
>>2801941
I have a huion 610 and it's a great tabet, I'm assuming the 1060 will be good as well. But if I were buying my first tablet now, then I would go Giano. I haven't changed mine only because after these last few years it still works perfectly.
>>
>>2800408
Nah, I'd get something a tad bigger. Don't buy anything where the active area is much smaller then a A4 piece of paper. How ever if you've got a monitor bigger then 24 ", I'd highly recommend an even larger tablet.
>>
>>2803122
>>
I need a semi-decent cheap (100$ or less) tablet.
So I was thinking about Huion New 1060 Plus.
What are my other options?.
>>
>>2800291
Kek
>>
>>2793104
>if I'm just hovering over the tablet it's still moving on the screen
Care to explain? that just sounds like every drawing tablet ever but I might be getting your post wrong.
>>
I hear people say that Ugee monitors work better than Huion's but all I hear are stuff like "it just feels better"

Does anyone have experience with both? What's your take on it? I'm assuming they mean the calibration is better but idk.
>>
I was thinking of getting a ugee 1560 until I saw a review with a color contrast issue, see 44:00 (also linked the time)

https://youtu.be/PH2LmJG8tKI?t=2644

has this been fixed? it seems like a serious issue.
>>
>>2804625
That's weird, I haven't encountered that in any ugee product. Maybe it's some issue with her specific monitor calibration? It isn't that big of a deal though, you have to use your main monitor for color correction with these tablets.
>>
>>2804625

Does any of the tips here
>>2799623

work for solving that?
In any case, yeah, you should check with another screen even if you have a cintiq.
>>
>>2796247
I've had a Surface 3 and I thought it was rubbish to draw on, so I won't recommend you that.
>>
Is it better to have a tablet that is also a display, or just an input with the picture on your main monitor?
>>
>>2804971
Yes.
>>
File: 222.jpg (153KB, 2100x1266px) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
153KB, 2100x1266px
>>2799636
>Not just drawing like this for maximum comfyness.
>>
>>2805044
>bottle for pee
sold
>>
Can you put pirated programs into Cintiq?
>>
>>2805273
What the hell kind of question is that? It's an x86 computer, it can run whatever you want it to so long as it doesn't exceed the resources of the tablet.
>>
File: fasty.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fasty.webm
3MB, 640x360px
my note 4 makes a good tablet
>>
>>2804591
Interesting, bumping for that.
>>
>>2804591
I've worked with wacom for years, both intuos and cintiq. The pen on the ugee feels just like the wacom one, except on a glass screen (which to me is better, but whatever) and it has no tilt (something I have never used). Never tried a huion though.
>>
I review tablets on my site, if you're looking for a tablet to buy and aren't sure which one to pick then this might some use to you.

artsartreviews.com

Hopefully it can help you choose the right tablet or tablet display.
>>
guys guys dell has a new screen tablet 27 inch affordable cintiq

thoughts?
>>
>>2806102
>27 inch

that is TOO BIG
>>
File: C1UY32fUkAAnl62.jpg large.jpg (232KB, 1504x1004px) Image search: [Google]
C1UY32fUkAAnl62.jpg large.jpg
232KB, 1504x1004px
I'm eyeing the Surface Pro 4 since it's the same price as a cintiq (in my country). But how does it perform for art?

Pic is from some nip.
>>
I see a lot of comparison with a giano and a large intuos. Would this be both intuos5/ pro and 4?
I see enough used intuos4's comparable to the price of a new giano and it seems like that wouldn't be too bad. With intuos5/pro the jump seems to go up about $100 though for a used even if there is noticeable damage that I would have to probably fix or replace the surface cover.
>>
Hey guys this anon here >>2799296
I've bought the parblo tablet for $570 if anyone is interested in buying it or wants a review I could post it when it arrives next week. I've never done a review but I'd be willing since this product isn't well known.
>>
>>2806535
Please do friend!
>>
I have a crappy twist tablet PC at the moment just for sketching and getting used to the feel of a tablet, and I conducted a test on it the other day. I drew a whole bunch of parallel diagonal lines with a ruler, and in some parts the lines would go very wavy, even quite close to the middle. Would a cintiq or huion type device have this effect, and is there any way it could be avoided? Please post a picture of this test taken with whatever device you have if you can.
>>
So here I am in China. Traveled light so I didn't take my now ancient Intuos 2 A4, and I thought "hell, I'll get myself something cheap once I get there".
Except of course now, I've no idea about most of the brands...
so here I am looking at the VIKOO HK908, which seems to be a rebrand of the UGEE G5, except a third of the price, with Photoshop lessons DVDs, 10 nibs, a protection film and free shipping.
I mean, the two products literally share marketing material, like. It's weird!
Anyway, I think for 250RMB, I am totally gonna give it a try. Wish me luck!
>>
File: image-3.jpg (97KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image-3.jpg
97KB, 960x640px
thoughts on the wacom cintiq pro?
>>
>>2806943
>no buttons (sold separately)
>mandatory touch
I don't know how good it is but that's already put me off because I use them buttons on my tablet
>>
>>2796872

What do you hate about the Giano? I've been set on ordering one, so I'm curious about your experience.
>>
So I just got a Ugee 1910b and I put on the screen protector it came with, but it kinda sucks, made it way too slippery and didnt even make the screen less reflective, so I took it out. Will drawing without it ruin my screen?
>>
>>2806943
Lack of buttons aside, I don't really see much on an improvement... I mean, yes, it detects pressure "better" (I guess, haven't tried it), but why pay two or three times the price of a small huion, ugee or even an old cintiq 13, when you're not getting two or three times the improvement?
>>
>>2807700
because wacomfags are worse than macfags
>>
>>2806205
I can't speak for the 4, but I've had the 3 and... hated drawing on it, ended up selling it. Not accurate enough, shit pen, reflective screen, lag in strokes... like finger painting in syrup.
>>
>>2806943
I haven't tried it, but I really like the "no parallax" thing it apparently has going for it! How ever it varies how much people are bothered by parallax, off course. I'm not a fan, so for me the pro sounds tempting. Plus I've seen some vids of people drawing on it, and the response it gives to light strokes and pressure seems phenomenal.
>>
>>2807461
if its glass, then most likely not. There should be no scratches at all even with lots of use.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.