[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeking artists for Art Collectors card game

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: game logo.jpg (14KB, 350x150px) Image search: [Google]
game logo.jpg
14KB, 350x150px
Hey guys. I made an indie card game called Art Collectors, and I plan to make an expansion pack to the card game. The game originally has 80 cards, but I wish it had 40~60 additional cards to increase the replay value.

Each card contains 1 artwork by an artist. The artist retains exclusive copyright to the artwork but gives permission for it to be printed as part of the card game.

All participating artists will receive a share of the profits, some more than others depending on how many cards they have contributed. To be honest I have yet to sell a single copy, but it's had good feedback and reviews on Tabletop Simulator and in real life. I plan to continue to promote the card game by going to meetups and eventually creating a kickstarter campaign with help of my friends.

So I would like to ask if anyone here would be interested in participating in creating the expansion pack of 40 ~60 cards. The original game has 80 cards in it. The game can be played as a workshop currently on the Tabletop Simulator.

The artworks can be paintings, drawings, or mixed media of good quality. They must be finished works of art, not merely studies. No photography or digital art.

Please post your art here or e-mail me. Thank you
>>
File: art collectors 1 to 40.jpg (478KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
art collectors 1 to 40.jpg
478KB, 1600x1066px
These are some sample cards in the game
>>
File: art collectors 41 to 80.jpg (508KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
art collectors 41 to 80.jpg
508KB, 1600x1066px
rest of the cards
>>
What's your email though?
>>
>>2789728
pastelchu et zimeil d0t c0m
>>
File: le double entendre face.jpg (10KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
le double entendre face.jpg
10KB, 204x247px
>The artist retains exclusive copyright to the artwork but gives permission for it to be printed as part of the card game.

So you mean, just like if I were to draw something for myself...but instead I'm drawing something for you, and giving you permission to print it on a card game. In lieu of payment, I'd be compensated with a to-be-determined percentage of whatever net profit that's to be set aside for royalties which will be split between me and 79 other people.

Sounds like a real "win-win"...where do I sign up?

[ - ]
>>
Currently there are about the 10 artists for the original set of 80 cards.

I am aiming for around 10 artists in the expansion pack as well.

I am not asking you to create art specifically for me. I am asking you to let me use the image file of your art that you already created to be printed on the cards. You already created the art, right? It's not much extra work to contribute to the game with the image file of your artwork, which you could sell in real life or submit to juried shows - you are free to do so. But if you do contribute you will get around 5 percent of the profit if you submit about 4-6 images and you are one of 10 participating artists.
>>
>>2789743
Not worth it. You should still be paying for their time and skill, it's not like you get off easy because it's "pre-made"

The board rules state no requests for free work and as there are no contracts or guarantees people will be paid for this you're in violation. Delete your thread or pay up front faggot
>>
>>2789746
This is not a request or asking for free work. It's an inquiry to collaborate on the expansion pack of the game with promise of giving share of profits. You should at least check out the steam workshop page for the Art Collectors card game. It's gotten good feedback from people.
>>
>>2789746
Since you demand it I wish I could provide a legal contract but I don't know how to write one.
I am completely earnest about this proposal.
>>
>>2789752
hire a lawyer faggot
>>
Is anime/manga style okay?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.