[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys! What do you do to warm up? What helps you loosen up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Vasilisa Character Sketches.jpg (2MB, 5100x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Vasilisa Character Sketches.jpg
2MB, 5100x3508px
Hey guys! What do you do to warm up? What helps you loosen up before you start drawing? What helps you find 'your voice' when painting? Do you look at other people's work for help?

Do you ever feel that sometimes adhering rigidly to rules stops you from being able to express yourself freely? What do you do when that happens?

Asking because I'm an Entertainment student and I'm having a tough time freeing myself from my influences/rules enough to express myself. Alot of times I just end up trying to follow all the rules so exactly that I don't end up saying anything with my work. (That being said, I am still learning the rules)

I end up being jealous of people whose works aren't industry standard, but are beautiful and expressive. Don't want to be them but want to have that freedom, how do IC how do?!

Pic related-my work.
>>
>>2789208
Sameface syndrome.
>>
>>2789208
OP here. Some of the works I like but can't ever seem to make.
>>
>>2789211

It's the same character. Diff variations of her armor.
>>
>>2789216
so why does her eye colors and eyebrows change?

are you lying on the internet?
>>
>>2789219

You're right. I was trying to make the same character, but I guess I missed the mark on alot of details. Thank for pointing it out-sometimes I get into it and start phasing out on smaller things.
>>
>>2789208
we know these aren't sketches.

it looks like you tried really hard to fix your fundamental mistakes the entire process.

if you spent more time in the early stages making sure your lack of figure drawing fundamentals doesn't screw you over, you'd be phenomenal.
>>
>>2789208

Gestures, gestures, gestures

Cranial unit divisions

Abstract brushwork
>>
>>2789238

?? These aren't sketches.??? They were finals for my portfolio about a year ago. But yes I was struggling with figures alot. I've taken a few figure drawing classes and I've improved.

But I still have a hard time loosening up. Like some of my favorite artists aren't amazing fundamentally but their works say something. Mine just seem generic.

Any tips?
>>
File: disgusted_vilppu.jpg (133KB, 632x687px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted_vilppu.jpg
133KB, 632x687px
>What do you do to warm up?
Draw.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.