[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>i have depression excuse

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_3748.png (135KB, 513x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3748.png
135KB, 513x580px
>i have depression excuse
>>
>>2787478
I had too, but i realised that im already legal aged and not gonna make it if I keep on sleeping and not studying. I decided that ill kill myself if im still shit by the end of 2018
>>
It's an explanation, not an excuse.
>>
>>2787489
Go to the doctor and get perception on meds then
>>
>>2787489
How is it not an excuse? It's used all the time to garner sympathy for poor work ethic.
>>
>>2787493
Already did, they do about jack shit.

>>2787501
I used to be able to work a lot.

But I guess I got struck with 'poor work ethic' then, not depression. After all, anon's diagnosis weighs heavier than any doctor's.
>>
It's funny because I haven't felt depressed ever since I started drawing. Art makes me feel angry, sad, mad, butthurt, jealous, incompetent and so on but all that shit just turns into desire to draw even more as opposed to depression
>>
>>2787485
>18
>will kill self if isn't good by 20
RIP anon
>>
best way to cure depression is to fake it till you make it
you'll never be able to live a normal life if you keep externalizing that shit to other people
>>
>>2787493

Medication is not a fix-all and you have to go through a process to get them.

But there's really no reason to say more than "it's not as easy as people think".

Because, really, you're right. Despite it being an actual issue that impacts someone's life negatively, we all know that psychological shit needs to be settled if it's going to roadblock your life.
>>
>>2787522
"externalizing" what, exactly? On the contrary, internalizing shit tend to be major component in depressive disorders.
>>
>>2787526
saying you have depression so that people feel pity of you
just pretend to be normal and follow a routine until you actually become normal, that's what I did
>>
>>2787523
>go to doctor
>i'm sad and frustrated all the time and it's beginning to affect my work
>get pills
>out in 10mins
>>
>>2787531
That's what I tried to do for years, until I couldn't keep up.

You probably didn't have depression at all.
All normies say they have had depression but when they talk about it, it becomes blatantly clear they never even came close.
>>
>>2787533
>pills do nothing
>years go by
>>
>>2787535
>pills don't work in 6 months
>go back to doctor
>these pills suck
>"these other pills rule, here try this"
>repeat until dead (probably from suicide)
>>
>>2787534
I did, I had suicidal thoughts for months, waking up feeling suicidal and all that. Giving in to the lethargy is the worst thing one could do.
>>
>>2787526
There are different ways to externalize this shit.

People who do it by complaining and fishing for pity are just putting themselves in a cycle in which their own mind, willingly or not, makes actually solving problems undesirable because it strips said person from his primary way of getting attention. I call it "The Boogie effect".
>>
>>2787536
"piece of cake"
>>
>>2787537
I had suicidal episodes before getting depressed. Not the same thing.
>>
>>2787538
Interesting, would love to read your paper on this.
>>
I honestly don't get how people become depressed to the point of self harmful thoughts.

Both my parents and younger brother were killed in an earthquake in Osaka. Was I sad? Yes, did I think about killing myself? No.

You have no real jobs, you made horrible life decisions. Live with them. I have no sympathy for those with depression.
>>
>>2787485
this
but i honestly cant see myself living past 28

>>2787493
>>2787533
(you)

>>2787522
doesnt work for all, unfortunely
>>
>>2787546
Good thing I can decide away the lethargy at any moment. Thanks for showing me the light.
>>
>>2787546
I don't know man. I got depression from doing art since being a kid ( didn't study then, didn't know what studying art was ) to starting studying a while ago. To still nobody liking my art and I have no other thing I am capable of doing. Tried getting jobs, nobody wants me, being better than a lot of artists in the industry and also not getting jobs. Living off other peoples money makes me want to kill myself sometimes. But I still want to make it doing art so I won't try. I'll get good and repay everyone who supported me this far.
>>
>>2787551
You put yourself in that boat, no one threw you in.
>>
>>2787555
It's your parents own fault they died, they decided to live in earthquake land.
>>
You all deserve to be shot; with your art burned and forgotten
>>
File: 1399759323770.png (108KB, 286x356px) Image search: [Google]
1399759323770.png
108KB, 286x356px
>>2787546
>wither lives or has direct access to the anime hentai noodle land
>brags about not being depressed
>>
>>2787513
>>2787523
I take it back. I remember getting higher dose because of no effects and being on meds meant that i didnt give a fuck about anything, even art. I wasnt nervous sad or suicidal, but i had no motivation. If meds dont do shit theres probably no solution other than to visit a psychologist.
>>2787521
But im 18 and still shit. I used to fucking love art but stopped for some reason, then the depression came(yeah, 15 and depression. I had shitty parents) but now i dont have anything besides art, really. Either i get decent by then to continue studying or get die. 2 years should be enough?
/blog
>>
>>2787478
Let them whine about their bullshit excuses, it doesn't change anything for you, in the end it only matters whether you make it or not.
>>
>>2787577
>Either i get decent by then to continue studying or get die

you're only 18, lots of people choose a wrong career/uni path, drop and start over in another field, even in their mid 20s, reck even in their 30s. If you come to a point where you have to start over, then do that.
>>
>>2787577
>But im 18 and still shit.
Lmfao, you only get to whine about that when you're 35.
Know how to stop feeling sad? You tell yourself to stop, stop whining and looking for sympathy, sit your ass down, and work.
>>
>>2787577
are you trying to impersonate me
>>
>>2787596
>mfw when I'm already 33

can I whine despite 2 years early?
>>
>>2787600
If you're fine with being labeled a grown cry baby sure bud go for it
>>
>>2787598
No, im >>2787485
>>
>>2787546
>I honestly don't get how people become depressed to the point of self harmful thoughts.
Despair code is everywhere
>>
File: aXm7821xjU (1).jpg (139KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm7821xjU (1).jpg
139KB, 650x650px
>>
>>2787662
hahaha
>>
>>2787622
>Despair code
memetic hazard, do not google the despair code
>>
>>2787493

>He think meds will solve everyone's problems
>>
>>2787675
explain it pls? i ended up googling it because you told me not to but i didnt really find much besides redditors sperging out over it
>>
>>2787485
That's what i said when i was 18

I'm turning 20 tomorrow and still haven't done shit, and am still too much of a pussy to kill myself
>>
>>2787478
>I have depression but I trained myself to draw when I'm depressed so now I draw at least 6 hours a day and occasionally get tears on my paper

they're not even edgy sad drawings either, some are from ref, imagination, or still lifes. I've even expanded my horizons on what to make art out of, like coffee paintings and shit. feelsgoodman
>>
>>2787577
chill out. i started drawing with 22 and taking it serious with 23. you have plenty of time. it's good to have ambitions, but keep it healthy.
>>
File: 58176702.jpg (23KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
58176702.jpg
23KB, 202x250px
>>2787890
I'm proud of you anon
>>
>>2787890
Sycra is this you?
>>
>>2787936
kek
>>2787890
But good on you anon
>>
>>2787789
/x/ meme that uses a comic book superpower to trick normies
>>
>>2787912
I'm 22 now and want to get into drawing. What do you mean taking it serious? Did you go to art school or something?
>>
>>2787993
Art schools are usually 100% a safe bet. When you finally make it, you can use the money you earn to pay off your insurmountable debt.
>>
>>2788041
Alright gonna ask mom if I can borrow some money now
>>
>>2787993
For the first year I was just doing (bad) personal work (as a hobby). Then I discovered /ic/ and shifted my priorities toward deliberate studies. I don't have the money for a proper art school, else I would definitely go.
>>
>>2788468
>>2788041
>>2787993
Just find a good artschool. Atelier/Artcenter etc. Do some research : ) Don't go to a crappy expensive school
>>
>>2788860
I see.
Thanks for answering.
>>
>>2787546
>I have no sympathy for those with depression.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>2787546
For those who actually suffer from depression it can be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain, nothing to do with feelings or circumstance.
>>
File: fug.png (1MB, 760x1045px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
1MB, 760x1045px
>>2787535
>>2787536
I feel like my brain's broke. I've been on medication since I was a kid, for problems I may or may not have actually had. I wouldn't be surprised if it altered my brain chemistry, which is probably why I'm so brilliantly depressed right now.

Tips/tricks/strats pls?
>>
>>2789346
>>2789325
We are talking about people who use "depression" as a blanket excuse.
>>
File: Mrs. Brisby.png (332KB, 1427x534px) Image search: [Google]
Mrs. Brisby.png
332KB, 1427x534px
>>2789346
>For those who actually suffer from depression it can be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain
Yeah. But anyone that goes out of their way to tell everyone except their doctor(s) or a trustworthy family member they are "depressed", they're just desperate for attention. People with depression tend to feel helpless, have an isolated existence, have little to no motivation to perform any work/activities, and are usually silent about any negative past experiences they've gone through. Worst part is, medication won't magically fix their mental disorders. Sometimes it doesn't work, or worst case scenario, their prescriptions will make them feel worse(mentally, physically, or both).

Also, the people that occasionally say they're going to kill themselves are the biggest attention whores on the Internet(fuck these cunts). If anyone feels suicidal to the point where they really want to end their life, they're going to go through with it, but they're not going to say anything about it. One example would be Elizabeth Hartman, the original voice actor for Mrs. Brisby. Throughout her life, she was dealing with depression, but her sister, a trustworthy family member, stood by her side as a caretaker due to Hartman's random suicide attempts when she was alone. She was lucky to arrive home early to take Hartman to intensive care after she attempted to overdose on pills. Unfortunately, after it was impossible for Hartman to find acting gigs years after The Secret of NIMH and going through other personal issues, her sister wasn't around and she took her life after jumping out of a window without hesitation.

TL;DR
"I'm depressed, sorry for not finishing your commission after 2 years. But I'm always down to play video games, bruh." = Attention Whore

"I'm going to kill myself, somebody stop me! Lol." = Attention Whore
---
>>2787546 and >>2789352 have the correct mindset when it comes to asswipes that use "depression" as an excuse. These assholes deserve no sympathy.
>>
>>2787478
Hey guys, I'm a beginner, just turned 18. I've been practicing drawing for the last month, 3 times a day, 20 minutes to an hour.

*If* (and this is a big if) I continue this schedule and don't give up on it, how long until I'm decent enough to get accepted into a decent art school?

And should I kill myself for suddenly dropping out of a science college that I had a scholarship in, and arbitrarily deciding to pursue a career in art despite having absolutely no skills and no interest to it prior?
>>
>>2789468
Considering you don't know what is profitable and how to pursue it or have the ability to look up basic information like what kind of portfolio will get you into art school, I suggest you stick with your scholarship. Other anons will blow loads about passion but the fact is that artists are fucking retarded and people who go to college aren't any better unless they can tell you why and back it up with facts that are actually relevant. Make your own goddamn decision.
>>
>>2789472
Thank you. Guess I'll just become a doctor like everybody else. At least I won't die homeless and in a gutter.
>>
>>2789483
Good goy, be a doctor. Data science isn't for everyone.
>>
Real question:

How do you balance wanting to get good with other ambitions/hobbies/obligations and a full time job?

I have an 8 hour a day job, so the workload isn't overwhelming, but taking into consideration commute (~30 mins), exercise (~45-1hr) and other small errands, it seems like a lot of the day is lost, which is not accounting for some of the other things I want to do, both productive and recreational.

I have been recently a bit of a lazy fuck, but I think I could pull 1 hr - 2 hrs of concentrated practice no problem a day once I dig myself out of this mental rut.

The scariest thing is that I don't hate my job. I'm not captivated by it, but it's not like I'm actively watching the clock, heck, sometimes it flies by when I hone in on something interesting. Its comfortable, the hours are nice, and I'm paid very well. But recently, I've really wanted to become an artist and really advance at least to reasonable competency. My biggest fear is that I grow complacent and just forget about pursuing this altogether, while always having the regret of not chasing my dream. Questions like "how long should I work before I cut loose?", "when is too old?", and so on and so forth.
>>
>>2790149

I'm in the same boat as you, just that I get home and I feel too damn tired to do anything else other than vegetate.

In your case, there never is any 'too old', and only you can know how much work is enough. But seriously, try to go easy on yourself, I sometimes feel I should've done more when it's physically impossible for me to do so.
>>
File: am i bad at math.jpg (62KB, 554x390px) Image search: [Google]
am i bad at math.jpg
62KB, 554x390px
>>2790168

> never too old

I know this to be objectively true.
However, it's something I have a hard time letting go of, because this stems from a dream I had as a middle schooler of being a famous flash artist / game developer that went nowhere, while a group of classmates receive moderate admiration for their website and somewhat shitty claymation video series.
Now Flash is dead, everybody's moved out, people are starting to get fucking married and the joy of sharing the stupid shit you drew in the corner of your notebook or in animated in a .swf are quickly dying, and the only way to get anything remotely equivalent is to become fucking famous or at least relatively well-known.

If that didn't make any sense, it probably fucking doesn't. I honestly just think I have a real problem with coping with regrets. Though, there are plenty of other things I want to get out of this, but the "too old" thing is just something that always hangs in my mind. Too old to draw stupid fanart and feel ok with it. Too old to make anything with levity or immaturity. Too old to know the more childish joys of simply doing what you like, creating art in a vacuum where the only thing there is is the fun of making it.

kill me
>>
>>2790173
>Too old to draw stupid fanart and feel ok with it. Too old to make anything with levity or immaturity. Too old to know the more childish joys of simply doing what you like, creating art in a vacuum where the only thing there is is the fun of making it.

Cripes, that's what I've been feeling down about the past year. I mean I was neurotic back when I was creating things too, but it never felt this bad.
>>
>>2790173
richard feynman went through a similar burnout stage, where he felt he should be doing certain things with his physics rather than just playing. Guess what he did
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.