[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How powerful is your eye?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (745KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
745KB, 1000x1000px
There are so many artists that use grids, plumb libes, projectors etc to make their drawings more accurate. How far can your eyes alone take a piece? Is there anyone that can produce 1:1 copy without these tools?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>2786877
Why would you want to produce a 1:1 copy? That's what a camera does.
>>
Artist of OP ?
Like this drawing alot
>>
>>2787864
Jean Giraud (Moebius)
>>
>>2787895
Realized now that I could have done reverse image search, but thanks anyway
>>
>>2786877
Your eye improves the more you use it and you absolutely could produce a 1:1 copy with enough experience.
I don't know why you'd want to make a 1:1 copy though.
>>
>>2786877

Copying accurately is the EASIEST of all skills to obtain in drawing. This thread is a joke.
>>
>>2786877
just look at all those youtube copyist realism videos faggot.
>>
File: IMG_0914.jpg (2MB, 4778x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0914.jpg
2MB, 4778x2048px
I did this without any tools, no color picking etc. It took 26 hours. I'm kinda disappointed with the hand size but I think I did a pretty decent job considering the low quality of the source image

I don't think this is a particularly important skill, but it's good to do studies every now and then. Most professional artists seem to stray quite a bit from their study sources and try to improve them
>>
>>2788826

26 hours and you've barely begun rendering? wtf man
>>
>>2788830
welcome to accurate drawing
>>
>>2788830
Pff that's nothing
>>
>>2788826
gross
>>
>>2788830

Most of that time was spent correcting and plotting the right colors. Parts like the hands required picking a new hue almost every single brushstroke. I agree with the other poster that it's not such a long time, I usually start rendering by the 30-40 hour mark. I was losing my mind towards the end of this one and didn't feel that it was worthwhile truly finishing it.

>>2788905

Gotta learn your anatomy. I work as a medical professional and don't really think about that anymore. da Vinci would dig up corpses for his studies. I'd happily do actual cadaver studies but that field is all but dead in Europe, this is the closest you'll get.
>>
>>2788801
Check out his Blueberry artwork when you can. It's fucking awesome
>>
>>2788826
wow that's certainly something, do you have a blog?
>>
>>2788927
26 hours for that is a joke, anything more than 1 hour is way too much
>Most of that time was spent correcting and plotting the right colors
colors are completely off tho
dont mean to hurt you but what you do is useless, aim to paint quicker especially for smthing like that, being picky is for when you're already good
>>
>>2789508
Cool story brah
>>
>>2788826
Wait, it's not an important skill? So what is? I don't want to waste my time with studies then.
>>
>>2789771

It is a fundamental skill if you want to be good at rendering realistic shit. It's kind of like riding a bike though, once you have it you have it forever kind of thing. Quick life drawings and plein air sketching etc. is way more difficult
>>
>>2789771

Useful skills:
Perspective/Construction
Color theory
Composition/Design

You don't need 20> hours studies on single photos to practice these.

The better way to improve in these skills is to apply them to something yours.

You want better colors? Good, get a bunch of images with good colors and try to use those colors for your illustrations. Same thing with perspective and composition.

Look at >>2788826
The colors are dull, the perspective is flat (tiny hands) and there is no brush control. What's the point of this?
>>
>>2789508
>anything more than 1 hour is way too much

prove it
go ahead boi, we're waiting
>>
>>2789966
Post your work
>>
>>2790042
he's not wrong
the painting isn't constructed well and he has no idea how big hands are supposed to be
and if he was going for realism, theres no texture at all
its pretty barebones, no pun intended
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.