[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any other people that love drawing architecture?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_8921.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8921.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
I just love using a pen and drawing old architectural styles!
>>
>>2786863
your perspective needs a lot of work but your penmanship is quite nice, keep at it and study Perspective Made Easy
>>
I want to but how do you get started? It's so much information.
>>
File: IMG_5998.jpg (1MB, 2116x1588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5998.jpg
1MB, 2116x1588px
I prefer to use pencil, but yea architecture is awesome :)
>>
File: IMG_6001.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6001.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
I love isometric art
>>
>>2786863
all that flashiness and "detail" and then you reach the figures and completely fall apart.
>>
If you have enough patience to render all of that then there is really no excuse for you to not set up proper perspective before drawing.

Do that enough times and you can go back to freehanding and it will look superb.
>>
>>2786895
I'm pretty stupid but I have no reason as to why you would make a base of a building larger when you're looking at it from above.
>>
>>2787018
Pyramids?
>>
>>2787100
They aren't pyramids, though. They supposed to be cylinders and rectangular prisms, I think? That's why I'm so confused.
>>
>>2787109
They dropped from the sky and squished out a little when they landed.
>>
Looks amazing! how did you learn all that?
>>
Learn perspective and git gut my dude.
>>
>>2786863
I really should go out and draw architectural stuff.

I like your works and the details in it, but it needs more perspective like the other anons said.
>>
>>2786863
>>2786881
>>2786895
Use a straight-edge, a ruler or something. Your perspective is pretty wonky in all of these.
>>
>>2786863
It is truly beautiful. One of the greatest things I saw on this board. The wonky perspective compliments the entire drawing (this board is full of fags that can only wrap their heads aroung realistic art and anime), it reminds me of adventure novel illustrations or something like that. And even though the perspective is wonky, it looks spacy as heck. Very good job. What media/tools did you use? Where did you learn from?
>>
Perspective is probably the most shitty and bland thing you need to learn, but it's a must, OP.

>>2787271
It's like your trying to kill his skill or something. OP's 'wonky perspective' stems from his lack of knowledge, even to exaggerate perspective successful you need to understand it in the first place
>>
File: isometric.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
isometric.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>2786895
Isometric means treating the vanishing points as if they are an infinite distance away, which means all surfaces parallel to each other in real life would have lines parallel to each other in the drawing. That means all vertical edges are perfectly straight up and down, all east-west edges are parallel to all other east-west edges, and all north-south edges are parallel to all other north-south edges. The vertical edge of your left most building should be perfectly parallel to the vertical edge of your right most building.

>>2787271
>>2787182
Blind praise isn't going to help anybody get better.
>>
>>2787275
>>2787276
>Art is all about technique and mistakes that end up looking good or interesting are to be condemned

What is medieval art then? Shut up...
>>
File: medievalart.jpg (229KB, 1280x967px) Image search: [Google]
medievalart.jpg
229KB, 1280x967px
>>2787299
>What is medieval art then?
Flawed.

>mistakes that end up looking good or interesting
His don't.

>Art is all about technique
I didn't imply this.
>>
>>2786863

I think you have a strong sense of shape design and a quite developed visual library for architecture, you just really need to study perspective. You have a lot of potential
>>
The drawings are great, I doubt those saying 'but muh perspective' can do better.

Do you have a portfolio of some sort?
>>
>>2787276
>>2786895
>>2786895
I think his work shouldn't be redlined because most phone cameras can't capture perfect flat while the paper have distortion and also those buildings might actually be bigger at the base e.g pyramid
>>
>>2787447
Mate, those aren't bigger at the base. Even the light poles are slanting. Even the river is slanting.
>>
>>2787299

>what is art before 3D, anatomy, and perspective were mastered

uh...garbage? Literally babies with abs lmao
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.