[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever heard from a decent (not some shitty tumblr or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
Have you ever heard from a decent (not some shitty tumblr or dA tier crap) artist that his talent is the reason he got good? Also, does talent exist?
>>
No one who is good will ever say that his talent made him good. No one. Its always hard work. If you cant handle the truth that you have to work in order to get good, get the fuck out and never come back. Those kinds of threads are really, really worthless.
>>
>>2785823
>get the fuck out
Whoa, easy there cowboy
>No one
Kek is that why yall fucker always say that without a spark you will ngmi?
>really worthless
Let's get back to what we like the best. Shitting on proko.
>>
>>2785827
Talent is not the same thing as spark. Spark is when you love doing something even if its frustrating and hard. Talent is just a boost to learning that isnt even that important.
>>
>>2785801

Its unlikely youll find anyone who will publicly admit to believe talent exists and that they have it. Personally I think between IQ and behavioral traits it exists. To insist that its only "muh hard work" is a bit silly, and I doubt you'll find a "decent" artist that has a sub-100 IQ. But its too disparaging and controversial to say such things publicly. Human biodiversity isnt a red-pill most liberal artists will swallow.
>>
>>2785827
you are a fucking dumbass, get out.

>>2785836
sub 100iq people are the ones who believe art is only talent based and will give up at every obstacle, doesn't meant they cant become an artist tho cause it really is all hard work.
>>
File: 1457899890002.png (432KB, 721x723px) Image search: [Google]
1457899890002.png
432KB, 721x723px
Why are people nowadays confusing "talent" with being able to pick up on certain concepts a little faster than others?
>>
>>2785865
Hard work is only useful if you have any talent to begin with.
>>
>>2785801
>>2785823
>>2785836
There are definitely some artists that use 'prodigy' as a way to market themselves, like this girl:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2932476/Art-prodigy-discovered-Oprah-just-eight-years-age-moved-sells-paintings-millions-dollars-s-20.html
>>
>>2785865
I won't until you give me the reason
>>
>>2785868
Maybe if you wanna be the greatest artist who ever lived or something. Getting good at art is akin to becoming moderately fit. Becoming a genuine master in your field of art is akin to being an olympic gold medalist. The former, virtually everyone can do with the proper routine and diet, i.E. smart studying and application of studies. The latter requires genuine talent and aptitude that not everyone has.
>>
>>2785865

Congratulations on straw-manning my post friend. Not once did I claim it doesn't take any hard work. Of course it has to be trained and practiced, but not all people are equally capable of greatness.

>>2785871

Ive seen several articles like that, and some of them are pretty good. Usually theyre never followed up on 10 or 15 years later, but it'd be interesting to know how they turn out.
>>
>>2785871
That only works for children though. No adult artist can call himself a prodigy without looking ridiculous because there are thousands of far superior artists who are also humble and say it's all hard work.
>>
>>2785879
It sometimes happens in modern art though, where skill generally isn't the main factor that pushes an artist to fame and much of it is tied to the artist's personal history (or what he presents as such).
>>
>>2785886
We're not considering modern art as an art here. Anyone can draw a fucking line or shit on canvas. It's mainly a business.
>>
>>2785875
I was talking about in general. People that can't understand things like perspective and depth, or know how to break them objects and see as a artist at all and if they do manage to grasp them, it's only barely. There's not much for them as their future as an artist.
>>
>>2785890
>People that can't understand things like perspective and depth, or know how to break them objects and see as a artist at all

Those people don't exist though. Unless they have serious mental deficits of course, but then it's not really a lack of talent for art but rather a lack of basic intelligence and they are unable to ever get good at any profession that requires any sort of thinking. The basics of perspective that you need to get moderately good at art is something absolutely anyone with an IQ above say 85 could learn. To say otherwise is like pretending only people gifted at math can possibly learn the multiplication tables.
>>
>>2785875
>Becoming a genuine master in your field of art is akin to being an olympic gold medalist.
Honestly that's a flawed comparison because the quality of art cannot be measured objectively. Only the degree of photorealism can, but that's a horrible metric to go by in the first place.
>>
>>2785931
What are you even talking about? Perspective is very complex and takes years to master,
>>
>>2785931
this
>>2785937
If you're seriously looking into improving, you can get good way faster than a fucking year my man
>>
>>2785943
post your work or your opinion is worthless
>>
I've heard from various instructors that it's obvious from even shitty student work who has an eye for composition and technique that exceeds what most people will ever be capable of with training. Not really talent, but a knack.
>>
>>2785937
>Perspective is very complex and takes years to master,
Maybe true in your 3rd world shit hole.

Perspective is taught in middleschool here.

Does it hurt to know you find difficult something that a middle schooler takes for granted? It should.
>>
>>2786065
post your work
>>
>>2785937
But you don't have to master perspective to be considered a good artist. Especially considering "mastering" perspective to some people on /ic/ means to always draw an airtight grid with every line perfectly converging to its vanishing point without the slightest bit of inaccuracy. According to /ic/, there's not a single artist who has mastered perspective because it's the one thing someone always points out as being off, no matter what is being posted, even work of seasoned professionals who clearly have a great understanding of depicting 3D space or artists who are really good at eyeballing rough perspective.
>>
File: uganda4.jpg (99KB, 450x342px) Image search: [Google]
uganda4.jpg
99KB, 450x342px
>>2785871
>which are valued at millions of dollars
>valued
bitch aint selling shit
bitch aint nobody
>>
>>2785956
>>2786079
good job proving that you're retarded
>>
>>2785827
>Kek is that why yall fucker always say that without a spark you will ngmi?

>What is a meme?
>>
>>2786065
What kind of country is that?
>>
>>2785801
Yeah it exists. If you didn't have it growing up, you're not going to reach your dream.

Hard facts, don't kid yourself. :)
>>
>>2785866
Because that's what talent is.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.