[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think? XD

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: Daisy I 01 - small.jpg (334KB, 846x845px) Image search: [Google]
Daisy I 01 - small.jpg
334KB, 846x845px
Is it a total disaster and abomination?
>>
If you have to ask, it probably is.

>XD
It definitely is.
>>
I am so proud of this painting XD

It reminds me of willem de kooning
>>
>>2784141
horridly derivative
this is an illustration of what you think de kooning's work looks like without any of the experience to back it up.
>>
>>2784322
I've seen original willem de kooning at MoMA and Whitney.

I would think your understanding of art is so limited that this style that has been inspired by him doesn't seem to have anything in common.

When people who understand art look at this work they say "wild" "you need to stop taking drugs and go see a doctor" and i say it's inspired by de kooning and they understand. You don't
>>
Must be nice to be wealthy enough to waste a fuckton of paint on a shitty attempt to be artsy.
>>
that's gross... sorry anon but it's gross
>>
This got 17 ups on reddit and 43 likes on instagram!!!! Woo hooo!!
>>
reeks of feminism
>>
>>2784322
The only reason you put De Kooning's work on any kind of pedestal is because of notoriety, i.e. you've been told to. If OP would have started this thread suggesting this was a rare De Kooning work that was recently uncovered you'd be praising it for its "composition" or whatever other catch-penny art related buzzwords you might have stashed away for when it comes time to consolidate the instinctual feeling of revulsion and pity you get looking at his work with your contrary need to entrench yourself as someone belonging to an elite group of people that are in the know about why his embarrassing shit scribbles are actually great
>>
>>2787888
how can you be this deluded? I understand not liking de kooning, I don't like a lot of his work my self. but only a comnplete idiot would mistake cumbum's shit smear as an actual de kooning.
>>
>>2787897
You hate experimental art, but you can't say anything to a well known artist's work. You only have the guts to criticize a no name artist like mine no matter how good it is. It's your strategy to stomp down on no name experimental artists to maintain your own ego and your view of art in which experimentation is inferior to realism or academicism. When someone is inspired and paints in the style of Frank Auerbach you say "you are no Frank Auerbach" When someone tries to paint like Willem de Kooning you say "You are no Willem de Kooning." It never occurs to you or you vehemently deny in your subconscious that the artist who did the experimental work has merit entirely of his own because his art is unique, and is different from other known artists because his work is unique, not necessarily inferior. You will have fun time stomping down that artist because he's a no name artist until he actually becomes famous. Of course you will say he will never succeed. You are in complete denial of his merits.

Well tell me my work is bad as I am building up my resume and CV. Tell me as I get more followers on instagram and behance. Tell me as I sell more works online. Tell me when I get my degree. Tell me when I get into a top grad school. Tell me when I get into a gallery or fellowship or professorship.

Your denial is an ever retreating space of your own failing ego and my ever advancing front of my success and abilities as an artist
>>
File: 1468621411665.jpg (38KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1468621411665.jpg
38KB, 413x395px
>>2787960
>>
>>2787960
The problem is... yes your work looks like an Auerbach painting, yes your work looks like a de Kooning painting... but they look like bad Auerbach and de Kooning paintings. If de Kooning had done your painting we'd recognize as one of his but it would be him at his most obvious and infantile. It wouldn't be one of his masterpieces. That's what seems to be hard for you to understand. These aren't masterpieces they're bad versions of another artists style...
>>
>>2787888
this is true, but only really for representation/ realism fags

most weedsters, rich fags, and art students care enough about this type of stuff enough to tell.
>>
>>2788040
That's where I will disagree with you, and my friends also who have faith in me and love my art will vehemently reject such an opinion.

I consider this painting one of my best works ever.
>>
>>2784611
This
>>
File: IMG_7461.jpg (248KB, 800x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7461.jpg
248KB, 800x641px
>>2788076
Great now paint this you cuck. If you're de Kooning you should be able to paint his good pieces and not just his shit scribbles
>>
>>2787885
>everything i dislike is feminism
>>
>>2788044
Not really bud

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5811891/scientific-proof-that-abstract-art-is-only-4-better-than-what-a-kid-could-do

At the risk of "spoiling" the conclusions of the test-which apart from normies was sent to a large body of art students (who almost certainly had advanced knowledge of some or all of the master works included)-the great, great majority of the test takers could not tell the difference between abstract art made by supposed masters in physical media and 'art' made by the auteur of the test in ms paint. Establishment art is a big fucking con that preys on the egotism of its intended audience.

Hell, most artists are barely literate, let alone able to express some profound, 'philosophical' sentiment through a shitty ass paintings

>Oh my, is that a Kandinsky®!?

This is a pretty good complementary anecdote and one that's useful for both realist and abstract artists

>"Five hundred bucks?" They didn't want it...it became cheap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PiqC-vfYLw
>>
>>2787960
Nah I criticise de koonig all the fucking time.
>>
>>2788111
Why is that his good piece? That's not his best in my opinion. His women are his best and most passionate. My painting is equally passionate imo
>>
>>2788156
His women suck dick. Practically a meme. His Kandinsky-sequel compositions are his best work and surprisingly the ones that are the hardest to forge. But if you want to make a living doing the easiest things imaginable I'm certainly not going to stop you. Having no money might stop you, but I can't do anything to change your mind
>>
>>2787960
>You hate experimental art
wut. never said anything like this.
>your view of art in which experimentation is inferior to realism or academicism
I much prefer modernists to academic painters

didn't bother reading the rest. you're really struggling to make excuses cumbum.

tell your mom I said hi when you go downstairs for dinner
>>
>>2788076
Just because it's your best doesn't mean it is good
>>
>>2788169
If you think being hardest to forge makes it the best then your understanding of art must be terrible.

>>2788199
I can assure you that my best works are good. Or else you are in complete denial
>>
>>2788232
>I can assure you I love the smell of my own farts
How assuring.
>>
>>2788242
That must be your experience. i love the smell of my newborn babies
>>
>>2788252
Even retarded children have proud mothers
>>
>>2788138
that test is retarded cause most of those paintings are bad. take any masters worst work and put it next to an amateur's best and of course it's hard to determine which one is by the master. But that doesn't impact value in the slightest. Art is SUBJECTIVE and a good painting is a good painting regardless of who made it or it's content. seems to me the author of that test is just upset he never produced something as beautiful as kandinsky's best compositions and had to include 'dinsky's shittiest piece as an excuse for his work being just as good.

WAIT! CHUNBUM DID YOU MAKE THAT TEST?! ITS PRACTICALLY YOUR WHOLE MENTALITY!
>>
>>2784141
It might be interesting in the flesh. Better than a lot of posts here.
>>
File: December-21-2016.jpg (671KB, 1000x742px) Image search: [Google]
December-21-2016.jpg
671KB, 1000x742px
>>2784141
if you really think art like this is gonna get you pussy i feel bad for you. women want a guy who can draw every curve on her body exactly how it is, and make her look beautiful. this neutered "pretend to be as bad at art as women are" bullshit is pathetic. be a man. be better than them. they like that.

pic very related
>>
>>2788356
but pic related is garbage, brian
please stop doing this to yourself mang no one thinks of you as someone to take seriously
>>
>>2788374
dont let not liking me stop you from calling chunbum a pussy
>>
>>2788435
nothing will stop me from calling chunbum a pussy
if there is one thing everyone on this board hopefully agrees on is that he is the #1 annoying hack here
>>
>>2788435
>>2788436
You guys are the real pussies. I am a tiger. Rawr
>>
>>2788438
least self aware human being award goes to cumbum
>>
>>2788439
hi its me chunbum and id like to tell all of you jealous egos that i am the #1 pussy fuck me right in my holes and fill me full of your liquids
>>
>>2788440
This isn't me.

---
I am a tiger. Rawr.
>>
>>2788438
>>2788440
>>2788443
these aren't me. i have many girl friends. i don't need jealous artists putting their egos on me. i have a lot of friends who are girls who are very good artists and tell me i am great.
>>
>>2788447
Friends lie. Ask someone who doesn't care about you and you aren't paying what they think.
>>
>>2788447
this isn't me either. you guys are awful
>>
>>2788464
please stop
>>
>>2788076
Surely, you jestin'.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.