[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are artists inherently fucked up, or does the journey fuck them up?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

Are artists inherently fucked up, or does the journey fuck them up?
>>
>>2783627
A little bit of both, healthy people who manage living in this world don't have any need to create worlds of their own.
>>
Pfft artists are generally quite normal dudes desu, but its the fucked up ones that get the attention.

Fucked up ones were probably that way from the start
>>
>>2783628
So anyone with creativity is fucked up?
>>
Id say you have to be fucked up in order to be good
>>
>>2783627
What is confirmation bias
>>
>>2783633
We need to further define what fucked up means in this context
>>
>>2783627
it's not the journey that fucks them up, they were already damaged to begin with and the ones who go really far are usually either the socially inept, hermits, or homosexuals who have nothing else going for them (no social life or family to take care of).

its not just art, the echelon of any field will be filled with these types of people.
>>
>>2783637
Fucking autists thats what
>>
File: caUg6Nx.jpg (51KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
caUg6Nx.jpg
51KB, 500x355px
>>2783636
turnt
>>
File: dali.jpg (127KB, 411x900px) Image search: [Google]
dali.jpg
127KB, 411x900px
You have to be kind of "unusual" to even consider doing something as unusual as drawing all day, everyday for the rest of your life.

I honestly don't think much of Dali but I agree with some of the ideas he expressed. He thought you have to sacrifice too much in order to become a good painter, and that any good painter has thus to be crazy (except for Diego Velázquez, who in his mind was a genius surpassing the art of painting).
>>
>>2783627
>IM SO FUCKEDD UP IN THE HEDD XDDDD
>LOOK AT THESE MANGU FACES I DREWW XDDDD LOOK AT THEIR FACES HAHAHAHAHA IM SO DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE ELSE FOR THINKIN THIS UP XD
>IM SO CREATIVE AND THAT MAKE ME DIFERENT FROM EVERYONE ELSE
>IM SPECIAL XDDDD UNLIKE U HAHA XDDDD
>>
>>2783627
Everybody's fucked up

Next question
>>
>>2783653
I'm not, feels good man
>>
>>2783651
That is a normal reaction. Wanting to be unique and treated specially is a perfectly human condition, especially in younger folk finding their identity.

Sitting by yourself in a room for days applying your focus to a canvas is not a normal thing. 99% of the population will never be able to achieve this focus or dedication, which begs the question: are those who achieve it born traits conducive to this state of being, or do they beat themselves up over and over until they become like this?
>>
>>2783643

I can agree with Dali. Still he made awesome pieces so wtf.
>>
>>2783662
stop romanticing your hobby, there are plenty of people that do stuff like that with shit like sports or videogames. welcome to earth, u frikkin neet loser hikikomori
>>
>>2783659
Being fucked up doesn't have to be traumatic. You could just be happily fucked up. Maybe you're just weird and you know it deep down.
>>
>>2783667
artists make me sick, every one of them is a retarded special snowflake
>>
>>2783690

You're a fag.
>>
>>2783690
You're just jealous because you're shaped like a raindrop.
>>
>>2783700
>>2783701
>XD IM TOTALLY NOT LIKE THE OTHER ARTISTS I'M SO DEEP AND MISUNDERSTOOD XDD
>>
>>2783709
Pretty much this, I can't stand this /reddit/-tier 20yr old (((just got out of art-school))) special snowflake kiddies. Literally kys, if I met one of you in real life I would fucking stab you and let you bleed to death. Autistic retards
>>
>>2783711
>WON'T WORK ON ME I WANT TO DIE ALREADY ANYWAY IT'S LIKE YOU MAKING ME A FAVOUR THAT WAY XDDD LIFE IS MEANINGLESS I WANT TO DIE XD
>>
>>2783711
t. pissed off old man who never made it
>>
>>2783711
t. pedo sitting on a bench at a park drawing loli girls
>>
>>2783711
t. armchair depressive
>>
>>2783627

having to suck dick and sell drugs to pay rent fucks you up. by the time your friends have families, big houses, pension funds, vacations, etc you start questioning wether 'chasing your dreams' was really such a good idea.
>>
>>2783758
>having to suck dick and sell drugs
kill yourself you worthless degenerate
>>
>>2783758
I used to work with a gang, used to pick up guys from the street and showed them pictures of girls and asking if they wanted to have sex with them. I often got beaten up but it was my job and my only source of income. So yeah, it did really fuck me up, now I live in a homeless centre, with no education, no job, no house.
>>
>>2783627
The real question is, why are so many artists so immature and stupid...?
>>
>>2783858
Art - not even once
>>
>>2783627
Sycra?
>>
>>2783858

are you serious? jesus. i'm the guy you are replying to and i was being funny. damn brah, hope things improve for you ...
>>
>>2783627
I'm inherently fucked up.
>>
>>2783758
Mostly for tards who dont even try to fit into the industry, the kind that just wants to draw anything they want and expect to get paid
>>
>>2783643
>tfw dali is literally /r9k/
The fuck?
>>
File: 71992.jpg (76KB, 500x803px) Image search: [Google]
71992.jpg
76KB, 500x803px
>>
File: url.jpg (11KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
11KB, 221x228px
>>2783643
>tfw too intelligent for art
>>
>>2784241
he said 'centre' so it's probably a cozy british or australian college dorm type situation
>>
>>2784381
are you saying the UK/aus homeless get to live in dorms?
>>
>>2784400
I'm saying they both have a pretty cozy welfare system compared to the US so it wouldn't surprise me.
>>
Normies are having too much fun partying and doing sports things and having sex to spend all the time indoors alone with the shades down that it takes to get good at art.
>>
>>2784400
The UK is austere as fuck WTF are you talking about
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.