[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, this advice will fucking change your life (and your art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2321.jpg (422KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2321.jpg
422KB, 1080x1920px
Okay, this advice will fucking change your life (and your art career).

Buy and read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.

Read this book everyday.
Follow everything it says to do

You can and will suceed. This book is the key to success.
>>
Post your art or gtfo.
>>
I've read it, it's the same recycled advice as basically every self help book and also helpfully injected with stupid religious / other spritualistic bullshit.
>>
but i want to git gud not rich
>>
>>2782035
My dad gave me that book to read, it's just been sitting on my shelf but maybe I'll check it out
>>
>>2782035

Essentially listening to podcats of sales stuff rather than podcast by other artist can be more beneficial because sales people work harder than artists and know how to hustle because their livelihood depends on commission. There is a lot of trash books out there that copy and paste from already established sales writers by people who want to make a quick buck so you have to just be wary about that.

Look for the people who are committed to sales training, who attend seminars and release products yearly and not those who put out 1 book their whole life and claim to be "experienced trust me I'm a master".
>>
File: 1472646893045.jpg (330KB, 989x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1472646893045.jpg
330KB, 989x1023px
>>2782307
Oh and my favorite guy would be Grant Cardone.
>>
>>2782307
>who attend seminars and release products yearly
That just sounds even more fishy, especially since those seminars come at ridiculous prices.
>>
>>2782338

Spending a 10k or so is a spit in the ocean for these guys when they make well over a million a year. I'd say providing a service that will make you and your family richer for 30% of your paycheck for the month is worth it.
>>
>>2782338
I see the miscommunication here. >>2782307 isn't telling you to attend the seminars, he's saying seek out someone who attends the seminars and writes books or makes podcasts about what he learns at the seminars.
>>
>>2782311
patrician
>>
>>2782035
>Hágase rico

kek. i seriously tought the spanish name was just a joke, instead of an actual pseudo psychology self programation bullshit book.
>>
>>2782257
Read it more. That spiritual stuff is more symbolic. It may be recycled advice but its good advice if u actually follow it.
>>
People laugh at this law of attraction stuff but I've lived it. I'm 98% convinced that getting my dream job a few years ago was the result of trying it in earnest. Basically I got EXACTLY what I had been trying to get, down to literally the smallest detail, at exactly the time when I needed it most (also when I'd given up on getting it, which apparently is key). And my art at the time sucked, too, btw.
>>
File: IMG_0505.jpg (135KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0505.jpg
135KB, 500x748px
>>2782035
>buy a book
Why when you can just listen to the audiobook read by a professional orator on youtube? You smug motherfuckers all think youre superior because you read books but youre ruining your eyes and becoming degenerate as a result. Its good to read occassionally but if youre going to be absorbing lots of books its best to just listen to audiobooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2aDtnmL6co
>>
>>2783461

There are times where you want to absorb knowledge without noise and be one with nature; the birds, wind, and sun. Audiobooks are for when you are out on your jog or gym.
>>
>>2783472
>be one with nature
>sitting down absorbed in a book

Because exploring nature while listening to an audiobook isnt superior?
>>
>>2783478
Exploring nature? What are you some kind of pepperboy with a big backyard not of his own?
>>
My gf got me a book " Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity" by David Allen.

I never read self-help books, but I thought I will give it a try. I opened foreword and learned that the guy before becoming "productivity consultant" was magician, waiter, karate teacher, vitamin distributor, travel agent, gas station manager, restaurant cook and worked a lot more other shit jobs.

I thought to myself - do I really want to get life advice from such a guy?

Now I quickly searched for the name of Napoleon Hill. He was no one, "discovered" by the millionaire Carnegie who didn't pay him for writing books, he only sent "letters of recommendation" to the people he was about to interview.
He slaved for nothing. Then he believed in spiritism. And a fat cow Carnegie who was a guy with a blood on his hands because of how awful he treated his workers - died a millionaire. He, as others today, like Bill Gates or Zuckeberg kept a facade of being philantropist and charitable person (Zuckeberg for example did the same, giving everything to charity - HIS charity. And his wealth will never perish or be taxed now)

>You can and will suceed. This PRODUCT is the key to success.

Nope. Think for yourself. Nobody knows universal formula to success, if they would, becoming a master artist or millionaire wouldn't be an achievement.
>>
>>2783461
You can use a similar argument against audio books: "youre damaging your ears from hours of earphone use"
>>
>>2783610
>Nope. Think for yourself. Nobody knows universal formula to success

I'm not big on this self-help or law of attraction new age stuf either, but at its very core with all the salesmanship or spiritual bullshit stripped away, the principles seem to always be the same and they do sound very logical and reasonable. Have a clear and specific/detailed goal. Have a plan to work towards achieving that goal and believe in your ability to do so.

The reason why so many aspiring artists, me included, fail to start a successful career seems to be because we tend to have this very broad and undefined goal of getting good instead of having an exact idea WHAT it is we want to do professionally. That combined with a good chunk of constant self-doubt leads to an endless loop of "I suck, gotta git gud, then worry about the rest."
>>
>>2783610
getting things done is pretty decent, it's not voodoo stuff, just an organization system
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.