/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to find a lost creativity ? I'm taking about the creativity

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: concept-art-thumb-4.jpg (87KB, 495x253px) Image search: [Google]
concept-art-thumb-4.jpg
87KB, 495x253px
How to find a lost creativity ?

I'm taking about the creativity we have when we are kids : no fear of judgments, no questions to ourselves like "is this good enough ?" Just the pleasure to do art, be original, express ourselves truly, and not be a kind of 'Frankenstein' based on all the artist we love.

I'm gonna stop watching others art and focus on my own. I'm tired of always being influenced by others work, I want to find my own voice. I feel like i'm doing an art overdose in a way. Every time I see an image I love i'm like "oh I want to be this good" or "I want to do this kind of thing too" and then, when I do art, I'm too much influenced and/or frustrated because my art looks too much like someone else art. I'm full of ideas, but I know these ideas are highly influenced by others and are not entirely mine.

Any advice/thought about this ?
>>
>>2781702
Stop being a fagg
>>
I bet you are one of those shitters that love "modern art". If you are good with fundamentals, theres no such thing as lost creativity. But sure, you dont want to be judged, you just want to make shitty worthless scribbles that you think is deep. Its very deep indeed, in your fucking ass.
>>
>>2781702
> lost creativity.
More like you aren't that creative in the first place.
>>
>>2781792

I hate modern art. But I dont like too much realism either. I'm in a realism state now, because I studied the fundamentals a lot, but I want to give my art more originality. And I don't know how. That's my point.
>>
>>2781805

Maybe you're right
>>
>>2781808
Give your work more extreme angle. Put characters in extreme situations. Try to do some stuff that is over the top. I would do that if I were running out of ideas.

Try putting random colors on a canvas and then try to do something complex and developed from that. I mean, you can do a lot, just try to do stuff you havent done before.
>>
>>2781823

thank you anon
>>
>>2781702
childish creativity is only use i can het from being infp. i suck at life tho
>>
Lucy
>>
>>2781702

Picasso had a similar thought. He was an amazingly skilled artist even at a young age, but he worked his whole life to throw that skill away and in his words 'learn to paint like a child'. He believed that the 'best' art was art that came directly from an uninfluenced mind, such as that of cave people or young children.

Essentially it led to a lot of scribbley, warped looking drawings, which had a lot of appeal to modern art enthusiasts and people who search for deep meaning in art, but for everyone else it was very unappealing and wouldn't have been given a second though if not for the 'experts' hyping it up as the best thing ever.

Trying to open your mind to more wacky and zany ideas such as those of a child is one thing, and can be a very helpful source of inspiration. Just don't take it too far and spend your life trying to replicate the process of an infant drawing with spaghetti when you could be making masterpieces.

I'd say if you're looking for inspiration you should start reading more. Read fantasy and sci-fi, but also read simple character studies that are set either in modern times or in a different era. Try to paint the things that are described in those stories. Try to capture the atmosphere of a scene. Keep doing this as an exercise for a while and eventually you'll be able to come up with your own scenes and scenarios to paint, which will have atmosphere and seem to tell a story, which is what makes the most interesting art.
>>
Decide to not show the work to anyone.
Always go for the fun option.
Draw quickly, don't erase. Symbol draw. The important thing is what your lines represent and not what they look like.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.