[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

airplane

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1607 yellow xheez.jpg (1MB, 3022x3022px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1607 yellow xheez.jpg
1MB, 3022x3022px
I'm going to take a trip soon. I'll be on the plane for 10+ hours each way. I want to get better at drawing the human form, and to have a better understanding of how to convey form better through my drawings.

How should I use my time on the plane to do this? Is there some sort of hyperbolic time chamber-like technique for me to use to do this?

I have an office printer that I can use to shoot off an art book if necessary.

I would consider myself beginner level.
>>
>>2777889
loomis
>I would consider myself beginner level.
fun with a pencil
>>
>>2777895
sorry i cant tell if this is a joke lol

is this a meme? or a serious suggestion
>>
>>2777904
Serious.

Just pick up one of Andrew Loomis' books (Fun with a pencil for beginner exercises or Figure Drawing for all its worth for drawing people, I don't recommend this book for absolute beginners tho) and do the exercises and copy the planes
>>
>>2777910
thanks for the suggestion. i've been drawing for about 2 years now so i dont think i'm absolute beginner. do you have a suggestion for someone a tiny bit more experienced?

i am not trying to sell myself or anything, but if you went to instagram.com/artofthepoon, it would give you a good idea of my skill level
>>
>>2777916
>instagram.com/artofthepoon
no, you need loomis. serious.
>>
>>2777920
okay will do. thanks man. i'll shoot out his book on my printer
>>
>>2777920
one more thing. which one would you start with? i have PDFs of creative illustration, drawing the head and hands, eye of the painter, fun with a pencil, successful drawing, and figure draw
>>
>>2777933
I'd say Fun with a pencil, then figure drawing and the any of the books.
This isn't the only order by the way, Fun with a pencil is the only book I recommend to do first tho, as it teaches mostly fundamentals and exercises. You can do the rest in the order you prefer
>>
>>2777961
thanks again man
>>
>>2777933
i went by the order he wrote them, since i think he kept getting more advanced with each one.
>>
>>2777976
yea that makes a lot of sense
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.