[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clip Studio Paint Update 1.6.2

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8

It's out now, free to update. Download it if you're a CSP user as it will complete the software.

Big changes:

-Reduced file sizes
-Set Opacity to pen pressure
-12 new blending modes (including Color for greyscale workflows)
-Materials marketplace
>>
fuck me, forgot the link

http://www.clipstudio.net/en/dl
>>
>>2777007
>tfw I think I missed my prompt to download it earlier today when my comp crashed
Thanks a million op.
>>
>>2777007

Will I risk fucking anything up if I am using a cracked copy?
>>
>>2777014
It will revert back to being trial but so you need to just crack it again
>>
>>2777014
no, nothing happened if your a poor pirate asshole just get one in public tracker and use it
>>
>>2777014
You're using a cracked copy? I paid $20 for it. You couldn't swing $20-25?
>>
File: easier.jpg (123KB, 588x945px) Image search: [Google]
easier.jpg
123KB, 588x945px
Good god, I just upgraded and set opacity to p.p. to all of my brushes, so much easier to render overall.

(hair highlighting was something that really needed set o. to p.p. It makes things so much quicker and convenient. Above is with O. to p.p., below is without. Same time of 30 seconds.)
>>
>>2777014
Why do many torrents sites list it as 1.6.3 though? The jap site also shows it as 1.6.3 :
https://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/mypage/newsdetail?publish=201610&f=2016102701
>>
>>2777046
uh i found 1.6.3 in extra torrent
uploader is 'sadeem PC' sandnigger
>>
>>2777014
it's stupid cheap and gets discounted every other month, i'd just get it to avoid that hastle. literally cheaper than 1 month subscription of PS CC
>>
>>2777047
yeah I know

After further digging, it seems the the english release is just lagging behind the jap releases https://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/download/clipstudiopaint/cspupdater/releasenote_history

For example, opacity pressure sensitivity was introduced way back in July in 1.6.0 in the jap release
>>
>>2777026
Fuck yes, can't wait to try that shit. I'm downloading the update right now.
>>
>>2777007
Poorfag here.
Torrent when.
>>
>>2777017
>>2777018
>>2777050
i get it is a great value for your money, but you people are missing the reason that most people pirate shit is because in the 3rd world, you haven't got any other alternative.

relative cost of anything culture/technology related is 10 times more over here: you really have to ponder those "small" expenses. having a credit card is pricey, and you'll be denied if you haven't an stable job. no such thing as prepaid cards, either.
>>
File: 1987_Lada_Niva_1600.jpg (608KB, 986x548px) Image search: [Google]
1987_Lada_Niva_1600.jpg
608KB, 986x548px
>>2777221
i will pay it don't worry
>>
Any good tutorials for starting with CSP? I bought it forever ago, played with it for 15 minutes and now I'm still using SAI because I feel intimidated and I have no idea how to use it.
>>
>>2777007
>Set Opacity to pen pressure
fucking finally
>>
>>2777264
The website and smith micro have some intro tutorials on youtube that cover all the best features and basic UI.
>>
Serial when
>>
>>2777288
when you buy it. if you can't buy it just use krita or some other free program. fucking 3rd worlders always expect everything on a silver platter using their poor card as an excuse.

but but i'm poor wah wahh
>>
>>2777288
>>2777014
>>2777017

I can only think of fucking underage kids that want this cracked since they can't afford 25 fucking dollars.
>>
>>2777307
Where is it 25 right now?
>>
>>2777312

I've spent on your mom. 25 times.
>>
>>2777312
It's about 45 right now, but keep an eye out around the holidays, it usually goes down in price for gift shit.
>>
>>2777007
Never expected to find so much "I bought the legit thing" elitism here, I expected /ic/ to be more friendly, jeez. This isn't /b/
>>
>>2777289
I live in shitworldistan and I just asked someone stupid enough to have a credit card with a local bank to buy it for me and get paid 25%+ in cash.

If you're poor AND dumb, just kill yourself already.
>>
>>2777323
>Never expected to find so much "I bought the legit thing" elitism here
>/ic/ to be more friendly

At least you're learning.
>>
They changed the native file extension, anyone noticed or everyone here working with .psd?
>>
>>2777332
They mentioned it on the site.
>>
>>2777323
Barring 3rd world problems, it's so cheap that bitching about not being able to pirate it is retarded.
>>
Anyone downloaded from the assets app? I tried to download the cosmic brush and now the app says it's downloading 1365 installable materials from the cloud which wouldn't really be a problem if this shit wasn't in moonrunes.
>>
>>2777323
>Never expected to find so much "I bought the legit thing" elitism here
>best software for comics and inking hands down
>substantial updates
>priced so it's affordable for poor comicfags
>small Japanese software house
>still pirates it
>>
>>2777350
I tried and it downloaded the brush(?) itself, but can't find it anywhere after in CLIP
>>
>>2777363
>being an elitist at anything
>>
>>2777372
I tried downloading a brush and had another window pop up and then a communication manager that claims to be downloading 1365 files from cloud.
My ass was not ready.
>>
>>2777391
$20 is as far from elitism as you can get. I'm a mexican in mexico and can literally make twice that in an afternoon walking dogs or cutting grass.
>>
>>2777392
The communication management window? I tried downloading some brushes and it worked but now when I try to download more I get download failed and "Check the communication status or the free space on the local drive." Keeps happening with brushes that are more than 2 in a package
>>
teh fuck u guys talkin about. This software costs 50 bucks on their site? Where did you get it so cheap?
>>
>>2777467
They put it on sale almost every other month. Last month it was 25, sometimes you can get it for 20. It's 30 on amazon and I've seen it for less elsewhere.
>>
>>2777468
If you're lucky you can sometimes catch it for $15 when the stars align just right.
>>
There's an old crack that works with the new version. Go look for it, piratefags. I'm not spoonfeeding you.

But there's not a big deal about this update. Isn't density already the same thing as opacity? Also, all the downloadable materials suck, and the file sizes are still pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>2777007
Im fine with PS.

Im not downloading every fotm program these slack jawed idiots come out with.
>>
>>2777007

I have the spic version of CSP. I downloaded the file and installed it, but it keeps in 1.5.4

So it's only available for the burger version?

How can I get the update? I don't mind reinstalling the program on English, but do I have to?
>>
>>2777323
It's not really elitism so much as cold hard realization that money is necessary to create and maintain products like this. I would've loved to be able to buy a full copy of Photoshop but I never could and the reason it's so expensive is because its main customers are huge studios so Adobe feels no need to bring it down to the level of indie artists. Celsys or whoever is offering a product of this quality for such low prices, prices that independent artists can actually afford. Buying it allows them to keep the prices low and keep doing what they need to maintain it with updates like this. For me it's more about supporting a product made for people on my level so that they don't have to turn to another target audience that I can't keep up with or go bankrupt and stop making the product. It's a way to encourage companies to invest in small consumer bases, showing it can succeed financially and that there's enough demand for it and people willing to pay prices they can afford.
>>
i like to think that if i had any money, i'd buy clip studio, sai, zbrush core, design doll, a big cintiq, a ton of photoshop plugins, and probaly would even pay for the cc suite.

realistically, is not gonna happen.
>>
File: c12.jpg (52KB, 469x500px) Image search: [Google]
c12.jpg
52KB, 469x500px
>>2777624

Not with that attitude.
>>
I downloaded the update and installed it but I'm not seeing the opacity thing. How do I change it? I hope I have the right patch installed, but I see the assets thing everyone else mentioned so it must be the right one. Right?
>>
File: thatshit.png (63KB, 607x492px) Image search: [Google]
thatshit.png
63KB, 607x492px
>>2777517

Nvm I found it.

>>2777680

Start the program from CLIP STUDIO, not from the shortcut of CSP itself. There's the newer version.

Then just attach it to the task bar...
>>
>he didn't pirate the japanese 1.6.3 already
>>
>>2777513

you might like it, luddite
>>
>>2777735
Oh it's you again.
Well thanks for being helpful this time.
>>
>>2777735
Wow thanks dude, this explains why I haven't been able to try any of the animation stuff even though I saw the update happen back then.
>>
>>2777800
>it's you again.

Uhm, yeah?
>>
For those that are wondering, the crack that works for the jap 1.6.3 version seem to work on this one too from the looks of it.

Worth it for the pose modeler, now that it doesnt run like shit.
>>
>>2777513
Photoshop has been shit since CS2.
>>
>>2777221
fair enough
>>
>>2777429
Where does this shit download to? The stuff it downloaded from cloud installed automatically but the brushes I download myself just hang out in a downloads file uninstalled and I can't find them with the import subtool window.
>>
>>2778188
Window > Material > Download
Took me quite a while to find them too, was trying random stuff all over the place like making new brushes and shit
>>
>>2778219
>You have to drag and drop stuff from the download window rather than just import it with the import tool settings.
How queer.
>>
I wonder if I should actually buy it. I've tried the cracked version and it's taking some time for me to get used to it.
>>
>>2778297
Well, do you want these poor developers to starve, anon?
>>
>>2778298
But what's the point in buying if I end up not using it?
>>
>>2778299
If you already have the cracked version just keep using it until you know for sure whether or not you want to invest in it. Or do the 2 week trial. I knew it was everything I wanted in a program the first time I touched it and it was on sale for $20 so it was a no brainer. I feel like with this program you figure out pretty fast if it's what you need or not.
>>
>>2777007
Make a thread if they do a big Christmas Discount please, I might forget to check.
>>
>>2777750
Are there any drawbacks to using the Jap version with the unofficial translation patch?

Their version seems to be always ahead and I'm tempted to switch
>>
>>2777007
Info for the piratefags in here:
Mai Crack (which is intended for the jap version) still works for the English version (1.6.2)
>>
>>2778468
any way to remove mai crack text on title bar?
>>
>>2778495
You have to wait for X-FORCE for that. Why are you worried about it?
>>
Im new to pirating, so where the fuck can i download the torrent?
>>
>>2778516
You're the fucking worst. As if it wasn't bad enough you won't pay 50 fucking bucks or wait for to be on sale for half that, you don't even bother to look two seconds at the catalog to see there's a CSP thread already up- on page one even- before you made another one, and then when directed here you didn't even look through the fucking thread to find the information you need.
What a godamn scumbag.
>>
>>2777396
>Can make 1600 mexican pesos walking dogs or cutting grass in an afternoon.
In what city do you live? I would love to just do that for like three days a week and life of that while making whatever the fuck I want with my art not worrying about my economics.
>>
>>2778516
conguratulation, you posted a worst shit on this year of d/ic/k
>>
>>2777007
>>2777008
Thanks a lot, op
>>
>>2777839
It really does, thanks!
>>
>>2778534
Mexico City.
$1,600 pesos is not so much. A healthy meal is $150-$200, a full gas tank is $900, rent in a barely decent apartment is $4k.

Yes you can live in Mexico City for $8k a month, but if you do, you're not living in the kind of neighborhood where you can make $1k a day walking dogs.
>>
One thing always worries me about CSP. How to lock fuckin windows Jesus Christ. I always accidentally changing their sizes or move them around and it's trigger my autism
>>
>>2778495
yes. Open the manjin dll or whatever it's called with notepad++ then ctrl f and remove the name
>>
>>2778971
>being a 0.0001 percenter

you can't really say you live in the 3rd world. hope you enjoy being extorted and kidnapped.
>>
>>2778971
Nigger are you talking in dollars or pesos what the fuck is that shit?
>>
File: lillie_card.jpg (93KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
lillie_card.jpg
93KB, 540x540px
What brush for CSP resembles the most to the one used here for shading?

I really want to achieve something like this and I think with the latest update it's finally possible.
>>
>>2779396
Looks like watercolor with texture .
>>
>>2779175
I'm not even in the top 75%. Mexico is just a really easy place to live in so long as you don't have addictions, aren't a credit-loving retard who spends more than he makes, and don't live in the coutnryside.
>>2779358
Pesos fag, divide by 20.
>>
how does clip studio paint compare to other programs such as paint tool sai and photoshop?
>>
>>2780024
it's more handy you can control it only tablet(zoom it zoom out)
and screentones
>>
>>2780024
paint tool sai is more streamlined, with lacking features, while photoshop can do all, but is quite bloated through this. clip studio paint is in the middle, while you basically dont need to adjust anything in sai gui-wise, you probaly want to add and remove some stuff from in clip studio paint and in photoshop you can easily get lost in all the possiblities or trying to make everything quickly rechable what you need.
>>
>>2780024
Really good for lineart especially when you're using the vector layer.
>>
>>2779843
Mexico is trash inside of a toilet. Thier art sucks pedo-dick, if you can call it art.
>>
>>2780024
Basically it takes the best features from both SAI and PS.
>>
>>2780024
The feel of the inking is amazing in CSP, miles ahead of bot SAI and PS! Worth it for that alone, I dare say (at least if you do a lot of inking). I have all 3 programs and I use SAI for sketching and coloring/painting, CSP for line art and comic work and PS (old version) for finishing touches on illustrations. But if I could only have one program, I'd go with CSP!
>>
>>2780065
You'r mom disagrees.
>>
Okay, it's not on cgpeers. Where the fuck do you find the japanese 1.6.3 version everyone is talking about?
>>
>>2781168
nevermind
>>
>>2777018
Why would I spend $20 on something I can get for $0? That's a waste of money idiot.
>>
>>2781475
Oy vey.
>>
I really like this program, but I'm having some problems with pen lag and curves.

I'm running it on a MacBook Pro with a 2.3ghz quad-core, 8gb of RAM and a 1GB Nvidia card. Already changed that one preference setting to 6, hasn't made much difference. I routinely work in 7000x4000 PSD files and can't seem to work any higher than 4000x3000 in Clip Studio. If I have anything else running besides CS, even a browser with more than three tabs, it fucks up any attempt to draw curved lines and they come out as a series of angles.

It's really annoying me, it's so much nicer to do line-based artwork in CS than Photoshop, but I can't get it running reliably. Anyone able to help?
>>
>>2783751
Macs are shit you surely have a bunch or unrelated software running at the same time and taking away resources.
>>
>>2783772
Nothing that I wouldn't have running while making a 20000x10000 image in Photoshop CS6 with absolutely no lag.

I'm thinking Clip Studio is just really badly optimised for OSX, might try and get my hands on a PC to run it on.
>>
File: duhhhh.png (135KB, 640x480px)
duhhhh.png
135KB, 640x480px
>>2777478
>isn't density the same as opacity
No you dense motherfucker
density=flow=spacing
>all the downloadable materials suck
On the english site yes, try https://assets.clip-studio.com/ja-jp/search
or just get this http://fav.me/d87drzj if you don't want to go through the hassle of figuring out how to acquire them from the jp website yourself
>>
Clip studio is $25 on smith micro right now. And you can download the latest verion from celsys and just use the license key.
>>
Is it possible to download JP assetes on the english version?
>>
File: fanaloka_1.jpg (650KB, 920x615px)
fanaloka_1.jpg
650KB, 920x615px
>just bought a surface pro 4
>Paint Tool SAI scales like shit on the small, hi-res screen
>also it's outdated and stripped of features
>decide to research new programs, found this (or "manga studio") so I pirated "manga studio 5" to try it out
I like this. I like this a real lot. Might even buy it.
My question is, is it manga studio or clip studio?
Also, does it have the same blending capabilities of SAI? That's the main reason I use SAI; I would have blending set to 0 but the "blend" box ticked, gave it just that perfect bit of tiny blend which I was using for my comic work.
>>
>>2786639
Manga studio is the old american version of clip studio.

I don't really know sai at all but the new version of csp has opacity and density for brushes and quite a few options to fuck with. It also has a blend tool that you can dial down to almost nothing.
>>
>>2786648
Alright, I'll get it then.
CSP Pro or CSP EX?
>>
Nevermind, I definitely can't afford EX right now
>>
>>2786677
Ex has extra features like exporting entire comics as pdf and not much else. I can't really remember what the other difference is but it isn't much of an issue unless you're making money from comics.
>>
>>2786681
I see EX for 80$ atm, but I'm being told it's not worth it. They are using sai to create all their arts.

Right now I have a surface pro 4, using photoshop, and I would love to create comics. Would anyone here recommend it because I'm still on the fence.
>>
>>2786677

EX has the ability to export animation above 24 frames. Pro only allows you to export a maximum of 24 frames.
>>
$45 on clipstudio website
$25 (on sale) on smith micro website
??????
>>
>>2786259
I've been downloading a bunch of stuff in moonrunes with the english version. So yes?
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.