[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies lose their shit when you call out Pollock and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: convergence.jpg (349KB, 1100x660px) Image search: [Google]
convergence.jpg
349KB, 1100x660px
Why do normies lose their shit when you call out Pollock and Warhol for being hacks?
>>
Because it's true. Same thing happens when you call /ic/ out for being hacks.
>>
>>2776548
In my experience most normies do not understand or appreciate either artist. Stop trying to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>2776559
not being a special snowflake, pollock was a hack.
>>
>>2776548
>>2776551
>>2776559
>>2776561
you know what? fucking redpill me, im willing to change my view if you make a compelling enough argument
>>
Do they? the only person I've ever spoken to art about that actually liked Pollock was my high school art teacher. Everyone else thinks they're a load of wank.
>>
>>2776548
my god, who gives a shit
>>
>>2776579
>/ic/ - Artwork/Critique
>>
>>2776575
Warhol is who girls who make old-people art call their favorite artist and there's a very vocal contingent of fine arts students who will knobgobble pollock to defend their own talentless wank.

Not exactly normalfags, but the normalfags of the art world.
>>
>>2776561
Yeah, that's what normies tend to believe.
>>
>>2776588
Ahh ok, so normalfag "artists". This makes more sense.
>>
>>2776588
this. I'm sure there's people who actually like his work just cause but a lot of people claim to like it just so they can be pretentious and "get" something normal people don't.
>>
>>2776598
>>2776604
That's the best way to put it. They're the most common point of contact when it comes to talking about fine art.

My friend's sister was one. Worked from photos, used grids, painted anodyne old-people art, didn't draw, loved warhol and banksy.
>>
don't give a fuck dude , i'l just stick to my clasic paintings n shit
>>
File: gh-chew-final-03a.jpg (468KB, 1352x1434px) Image search: [Google]
gh-chew-final-03a.jpg
468KB, 1352x1434px
>>2776548
Because they were not.
>>
>>2776598
Does it though? Is it not normalfag af to like concept art, anime, and space marines? How much of dA is the sort of ironic social commentary you see in Warhol, and how much is anime fanart, furries, Leonid Afremov, concept landscape etc?
>>
>>2776638
If they were in it for ironic social commentary, wouldn't they like, or at least know about people making ironic social commentary about the current vapid pop culture instead of mindlessly consuming it? They're retards who think soup cans are really artistic and the 60s were totally like hip man and play reddit on their phone.
>>
>>2776548
They were both significant for different reasons. People who unironically think they're frauds just don't understand the true breadth of art. Sorry, idiots.
>>
>>2776667
>about people making ironic social commentary about the current vapid pop culture instead of mindlessly consuming it
That describes the only Warhol fan I know pretty well. He's a serious artist who focuses on current cultural trends, he only seems to incorporate old cultural icons in his work when they are relevant to our regional subculture.

I'm sure the Warhol fans you know really are vapid and like it because they think they're supposed to and laud it for its aesthetic value rather than understanding the concepts behind the work, but anecdote for anecdote.
>>
>>2776716
>That describes the only Warhol fan I know pretty well. He's a serious artist who focuses on current cultural trends
>>
>>2776548

Angry CIA drug users.
>>
>>2776575
I acctualy like Pollock, not because I think he's a great artist and nobody could do what he did. But because his paints show a Chaos and nonsense that most of the time is acctualy pleasent for the viewer.
Warhol is indeed a hack
>>
>>2776716
The people I'm talking about are more endemic to the 16-23 crowd. Posers, some older and more burnt out. They are what I assume most anons think are normalfags who like Warhol and what I was reminded of.

I also know legitimate Warhol fans who get the message and are up with current trends, but they also hate Warhol and anything associated with him.
>>
>>2776724
>pic unrelated
That artists doesn't even claim to be influenced by current cultural trends, they claim inspiration from art movements from the previous century.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.