[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you progress through Loomis? What did you do? How did

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ss (2016-12-13 at 09.13.39).jpg (165KB, 670x905px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-12-13 at 09.13.39).jpg
165KB, 670x905px
How did you progress through Loomis? What did you do? How did you study?

It's such a meme but I rarely see any effective approaches to the book.
>>
>>2775803
Additionally, I'm going through the Head and Hands again and want to approach it as effectively as possible, so I'm looking for some tips.
>>
Why does nobody on this board know how to use books?

Draw whatever the fuck figures you want. Use the book as backup when you don't know what the fuck you're exactly doing.

This isn't your pre-algebra textbook where you're going through page by page and doing exercises.
>>
>>2775803

Read text, draw the pictures accurately, clos book, draw pictures from memory, open book, fix your mistakes. Keep going.
>>
>>2775803
>>2775804
just read it and draw pics me laddy waddy
>>
>>2775833
Das stupid mane
>>
>>2775833
this is literally how the book was made to be used, i don't understand why this is so hard
>>
>>2775917
most of the noob artists here were lazy slacker kids in school who didn't do chores or never turned in homework on time because vidya.
>>
>>2775803
I found Loomis terribly boring and for some reason I couldn't get the concepts straight, then I read Bridgman's books and everything clicked instantly.

I think the books are equally valid but everyone processes information differently. If you're a visual learner I recommend Bridgman
>>
>>2775803
No one here draws half as good as Loomis here, it is a meme.
>>
>>2775961
>If you're a visual learner
That's not a thing my man.
>>
>>2776052

Not that other anon but yes it is, it's called "spatial learning"
>>
>>2775961
Birdgman? More like "Meme-man"

>shit drawings
>shit construction methods (especially for heads and faces)
>people still kiss his ass as if they can even understand a single one of his oblong shitscribbles
>>
>>2776060
>he can't understand the teachings held within the oblong shitscribbles of an alcoholic
Never gonna make it.
>>
>>2776060
you take that back ;_;
>>
>>2776060
As a Bridgman fanboy,

The drawings are scribbly and ugly but who cares, they're fantastic at delivering the information.

>shit construction methods (especially for heads and faces)
Faces aren't great, I agree, but the body construction method is so stupid simple and easy to work with. Once you've learned how the main 3 blocks work together as a single shape it's really easy to fill in the details.
>>
>>2776060

Bruh, they aren't meant to look appealing. They're meant to force you to think in form instead of two dimensional symbols.

>>2775961

That makes sense as Andrew Loomis studied off Bridgman. Take Bridgman's techniques and apply it to Loomis' plates.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.