[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Constructive Criticism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6614.jpg (392KB, 1102x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6614.jpg
392KB, 1102x1280px
The image is an installation of bird watercolor paintings arranged in a family portrait setting. Constructive criticism? I'd be happy to offer my critique to others work as well, thanks
>>
I feel like I'd like this better in person, but photographed it's boring. If it's supposed to be arranged in a family portrait setting, I'd ditch the chair or get a comfier looking one. The current one looks out of place. Or install something junk to go with the portraits on the end table, like a candle or something. If you're feeling cheeky, some bird-related shit (a spilled bag of feed, bird toys, whatever).

Otherwise, from far away, the birds look nice, but there's not a lot of contrast in a lot of them from far away (and maybe even close up). The colors look kind of muddy too.

It's a charming idea overall, but kind of boring. Sure people who see it in person would be endeared though (the longer I look the more charmed I am honestly).
>>
File: Binder1_Page_4.jpg (505KB, 1077x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Binder1_Page_4.jpg
505KB, 1077x1087px
I really appreciate the feedback. Anyone else? The paintings are not quite as bright in person as this image but a little brighter than the image. But because they are on paper I put them under glass which creates this sort of barrier and dulls the image due to the glare (even with non-glare glass) the best thing I've tried for the glare is plexiglass, but that gets rather expensive (i dunno, maybe I'll do it because the dullness bothers me too)
>>
>>2776811
If the photo actually matters you should use a telephoto lens from across the room, there's this image is pretty distorted
>>
>>2775481
Why arrange and present them like family portraits? What do you feel this adds to your concept with this piece?
>>
File: FullSizeRender (1).jpg (307KB, 1280x1677px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
307KB, 1280x1677px
thats what I was hoping would come through in the piece (thanks for the lens recommendation) some of the bird portraits are blotted out, which might be hard to see in the image, here is what one looks like
>>
File: photo (4).jpg (814KB, 1566x2046px) Image search: [Google]
photo (4).jpg
814KB, 1566x2046px
Here are what some later iterations are looking like of that concept
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.