[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traditional art thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: krokodv2.png (639KB, 508x652px) Image search: [Google]
krokodv2.png
639KB, 508x652px
Anything goes. Just none of that digital cheating.
will be postin few to start this shit up
>>
File: The Thing.png (476KB, 456x593px) Image search: [Google]
The Thing.png
476KB, 456x593px
>>2768404
something wierd from few months back
>>
File: IMG_20161207_171539368.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161207_171539368.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2768404
Here's something
>>
>>2768404
>digital cheating

kek
>>
File: Heighliner Starship.jpg (347KB, 920x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Heighliner Starship.jpg
347KB, 920x1632px
>>2768932
not bad, post more! her chess-piece-thingy at the bottom is a lil bit off tho? And rotate those motherfuckers

>>2768938
Well, yeah! Prove me wrong ctrlz nation
>>
>>2769281
you know that if you draw with pencil or paint with oils or guache you can go back as much as with digital? only difference is stuff like ink or watercolor, but apperently there are ways to even fix watercolor. So how is ctrl z a cheat?
Btw your stuff is nice, just your hatching is very very messy, I would slow down and spend more time with that, you can check arthur guptill for reference.
>>
File: maintenance droid no. 71.png (1MB, 1318x920px) Image search: [Google]
maintenance droid no. 71.png
1MB, 1318x920px
>>2769284
Nah, you can't. You can paint it over with oils, you can erase the pencil but it all leaves a mark (and i love it) either on the structure of paper or as thick layer of paint. With ink its almost impossible- and thats my weapon of choice. Plus, all the mediums you can seemingly effortlessly imitate without a mess and closet full of art supplies. Convinient, but its cheating for me!

And thanks. I do realise the hatching needs work, thats a good point

post more (im posting mostly older stuff that i haven't post in other threads yet- older being like 6 months)
>>
File: assasin-rat.png (732KB, 518x705px) Image search: [Google]
assasin-rat.png
732KB, 518x705px
bump with skaven
>>
>>2769284
>you can go back as much as with digital
Are you kidding? Physical supports don't take an infinite amount of abuse, and paint doesn't just disappear at a sleight of hand. Trying to remove or cover wet paint is not the same as pressing a button and having it go away, no, and neither is trying to erase pigment that has sunk into the paper. Caking a watercolor with white isn't a "fix".
>>
>>2769914
>>2769351
>hurr durr harder is better
Kill yourself retards, at this point don't even use pencils and canvas, do like cavemen and paint only with self made materials and on a rock wall. Maybe even that is cheating. do it with your eyes closed and using only your ass
>>
>>2768404

what do you guys think
>>
>>2769918
yeah, this
>>2769920
harder is not necessarily better. At the end the most important thing is how it looks, but you have to respect the fact that dude made no mistakes and this hypotetical drawing is perfectly inked.

Retard.

PS. And as far as creating goes, i couldnt imagine doing it on screen- seems to be taking too much joy out of drawing. It doesnt smell of anything, you cant feel its texture.
>>
>>2769957
> but you have to respect the fact that dude made no mistakes and this hypotetical drawing is perfectly inked.
No I don't, as you said at the end of the day what really matters is the result, art is all about the looks, being able to effectively use every tool at your disposal is also a talent.

> And as far as creating goes, i couldnt imagine doing it on screen- seems to be taking too much joy out of drawing. It doesnt smell of anything, you cant feel its texture.
This is totally subjective
>>
>>2769920
>digital is the same as traditional
>no it isn't
>g-go paint a cave wall
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476234177530.jpg (210KB, 1417x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476234177530.jpg
210KB, 1417x2048px
This is a mixed media that I just finished like one month ago, and I'm painting another two very similars
>>
File: tiny_sargent.jpg (73KB, 306x387px) Image search: [Google]
tiny_sargent.jpg
73KB, 306x387px
>>2769918
>>2769957

if you press into the paper or use mech pencils it will do shit to the paper yes. If you start gentle you can go back infinite amount of times, just hb, being gentle, use the side of the pencil and a kneadable eraser. When you go dark you can't go back. You can pre-sketch an inkdrawing. I hate having ghost-marks so I'm really anal about being light with my sketches.

Oils you can scrape off and paint afterwards, you can rub off wet paint too and then paint over the area. I know what I'm taking about, you just haven't tried or practiced.

I use digital, graphite, ink and oils. And I am talking from experience..

About watercolor, I don't like using it and haven't practiced it, but a friend of mine who uses them told me you can go back and fix mistakes by using water and removing the pigment from an area slowly.

All of this is not the same as going back with ctrl+z, but a lot of media are waaay more forgiving than most people think. instead of "ugh you can't go back". If you are using certain kinds of paper you can gently remove ink from the paper with a precision knife by taking the paper texture with the ink off the paper. This depends on the paper and ink you use though.

Also "digital is easy, traditional is the real deal" fags, have you tried digital? Like actually tried? Some stuff is easier, yes, some stuff is way more difficult.

Attached a mini sargent
>>
>>2769963
>I couldn't imagine
>totally subjective

no shit..?
>>
>>2769974
oh man maybe do proportions first before moving in to the rest of the painting next time?..
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.