[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me how do you avoid this kind of drama?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1472694928527.jpg (80KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1472694928527.jpg
80KB, 540x304px
Saw this from /v/ regarding Skullgirls/Indivisible and the hiring of new artists on staff:

> Most artists aren't extremely talented, so there is a lot of competition and in-fighting among each other.

>If you're a mediocre artist and you're in direct competition with someone at a similar level, calling them gamergator is an easy way to prevent them from getting into the industry. Way easier than trying to practice and create better art.

>Eventually everyone interested in a job in the field is brow beaten to be progressive. Everyone is afraid of making waves but will gossip and undercut people like crazy when they think they can get away with it.

If I want some kind of art job in related fields, is it really just that simple to just shut up about topics, period? I still don't get how far you can permit yourself on the slippery slope of engage with commenters/readers to build up an audience/clientbase/etc.
>>
>>2768056
By not being involved as an artist at all.
If you were to get serious about art and wanted to make it, you put yourself directly into competition whether you like it or not. You'll have to tear down their dreams or be the one who gets torn down.
>>
>>2768058
No I mean avoiding this messy affair of "getting into this identity politics and progressivism" thing among artists.
>>
>>2768056
Maybe don't spout your beliefs and points of view out of every whole, every second? It's pretty easy to draw the line in the sand, and, when marketing yourself, keep your personal beliefs hidden. Even when you are asked about something, lie so you don't alienate the majority of the audience
>>
>>2768056
MERITOCRACY
good

NEPOTISM
bad
>>
>>2769235
t. man from irrelevant family
>>
>Saw this from /v/

Did they actually bother to elaborate or provide any sources regarding Lab Zero specifically? All I've seen is Mike Z and Kinuko momentarily sperging out about Trump and that's it. Which kind of warrants shitty made up stories from anti-SJWs on /v/ so the proofs are even more important otherwise you are doing exactly what they are presumed to do: gossiping like a bitch.

Otherwise just don't be a bigot even ironically, don't post the goddamn /pol/ memes and you will be fine even if you engage in some __civil__ argument against SJWery.
>>
>>2769245
why the fuck are there lab zero shills here
>>
File: Bait (1).png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bait (1).png
35KB, 625x626px
This thread is bait of the worst quality.
OP doesn't want a serious answer.
He just wants to push his shitty philosophy on everyone.
>>
>>2769248
Swill waiting for a single example of LZ staff being fired/punished for this kind of shit. Or at the very least an actual person who works/worked on them confirming it.
>>
>>2768056
>CITATION NEEDED : The post
>>
>>2768056
Go back to /v/ you fucking cancer. That board isn't even about videogames anymore, just constant fear of the SJW boogieman meme.
>>
>>2769269
>WAAAAAH SJWS NEVER HURT ANYONE I SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE I AM ON E*CUT CUT CUT*
>>
>>2770830
please stop, it's time to stop anon
take a look at your life as an outsider
>>
>>2768056
I don't give a shit and I say what I want on social media. If that keeps me from getting work, so be it. I don't want a public of retard SJWs anyway.
>>
>>2768056
just git gud and you won't have that problem?
>>
>>2770847
Neh, it's easier for /v/ kids to just blame sjw for every problem in their life.
>>
>>2768056
Don't get into politics. Evade questions on Politics. If anyone presses you just say you're Apolitical and you don't vote;
if you must tell them anything, you are poor as hell and caught up in your own problems.
>>
>>2768056
talking about politics with coworkers in ANY field is straight up asking for trouble. its not exclusive to art jobs. its worse on the internet where everything you say is recorded forever and can be accessed by anyone anywhere

the idea that other shitty artists on your level will perform social espionage to get a leg up over you is fucking laughable. you have so much bigger things to worry about, like being garbage at art. work on that instead of giving sociopaths ammunition against you
>>
>>2768056
>muh SJW boogieman
LOOOOOL
>>
>>2771831
>the idea that other shitty artists on your level will perform social espionage to get a leg up over you is fucking laughable
And then
>work on that instead of giving sociopaths ammunition against you
Which is it faggot? Either you concede that, in fact, the world is filled with shitty people who do what they can to bring others down to pull themselves up, or you deny reality and just use buzzwords like "m-muh boogeyman". Your cognitive dissonance already has you caught in contradiction, weasel your way out of that one SJW sympathiser!
>>
>>2771831
>laughable.
I don't hear Brendan Eich laughing. And I do not care that he is no artist. He was founder.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.