[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Design discussion thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: Ryu.jpg (115KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ryu.jpg
115KB, 850x1200px
What does /ic/ think about SF4 and 5 design and stylistic decisions?
I find them ridiculous and awful, and the grotesque bodies almost physically repulsive.
Now, there must be something wrong, as this is immensely popular.
What's your opinion?

Also I guess general discussion about design in famous IPs.
>>
I like it. The exagerated features make the characters look imposing and fighter-ish, which contrasted with the colors and brush stroke aesthetics make for a very unique style.
>>
File: what the hell is this.jpg (105KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
what the hell is this.jpg
105KB, 1000x562px
>>2767328
The art direction of SF4 is brilliant, just not your taste i guess.

The anatomy is designed so that each of the crazy attacks actually look like they have impact.

it also brings to mind those really sketchy animation sequences they use in anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AGs_qx8xg

The Brushstroke Ink effect style also feels very Asian, which sort of gives the game a sense of cultural identity.

I HATE the art of SF5, It feels like there was no art director, and it doesn't even look/feel like a Capcom game.

also, pic related.
>>
File: chunlisf4.jpg (116KB, 1626x1018px) Image search: [Google]
chunlisf4.jpg
116KB, 1626x1018px
>>2767498
>The art direction of SF4 is brilliant
>I HATE the art of SF5
Interesting.
In terms of design they seem to have completely crossed into fanfic territory with SF5.
Honestly I find both somewhat equally hideous.

How much Loomis does pic related needs seriously?

What do you think of SfXTekken then?
>>
>>2767505
>How much Loomis does pic related needs seriously?

kek It looks like what someone would make if they just copied a fuckton of Hogarth.

>What do you think of SfXTekken then?

I feel like there's two routes they could have gone:
>Have every character conform to a new art style.
>Have every character conform to an existing art style

Tekken is somewhat realistic, while Streetfighter is semi-realistic,
so it's very hard to compromise while still maintaining the integrity of the two IPs.
I'd HATE to be the art director for something like this.

For what it's worth, they made a compromise that worked, but the style is very forgettable.
it feels like some sort of SF4 DLC overhaul mod.
>>
i didn't really like most of the promotional art for 4. ikeno's concept stuff for it was great but i don't think they translated it into 3d models very successfully.
>>
>>2767505
Loomis is very good for beginners, bengus art style is worlds above it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.