[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patreon paywalling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: patreon_icon12.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
patreon_icon12.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Yes or no?
Does paywalling your shit increases your earnings or drops it?
Curious how this works
>>
>>2765017
What do you think?
>>
only paywall PSDs and detailed tutorials. make max res a $1 tier because that shit will be posted everywhere online anyway. worst mistake you can make is not letting people know what to expect or who the fuck you are.
>>
It depends how popular you are. Seeing patreon logos and shit plastered everywhere can be a huge turnoff when you are just some mediocre artist.
>>
>>2765052
>>2765059
-work your ass off on a drawing
-didnt got compensated and everyone enjoys it for free
at least censor them a bit
>>
>>2765080
sell prints, do commissions, or offer gumroad bundles. just one piece by itself doesn't sell on patreon unless you're a known professional.
>>
>>2765080
You're completely missing the point of having a patreon. If you want to get paid for your work on a piece by piece basis, work for clients. When it comes to having a successful patreon, it's all about increasing your popularity. You do personal work to promote yourself and the more people that see it the better. Now obviously you also want to have something that is patreon exclusive, so your followers have an incentive to pledge to you, but don't do so at the expense of exposure.
>>
>>2765132
its more about having to pay to view my gallery
i dont want to wound up like some artist that everyone likes but never bothered giving him a single cent.
>>
>>2765180

Keep that mindset. If you walk off your shit, you can easily trap yourself with a limited reach. As the others have suggested, the better option is to make the general art and post for free, but provide incentive in the form of PSDs, sketches, video, extras like that. Give them a reason to pledge while maximizing availability, and you also won't have to have a shitfit when your work is reposted elsewhere because its exposure rather than stolen product.
>>
>>2765188

I meant "wall off."
>>
post your patreons
>>
>>2765188
it will save artists a ton of unnecessary drama
>>
>>2765017
Anyone seen dwarf fortress patreon?

No tiers, no rewards, 4.5k
>>
>>2765423
>No tiers, no rewards, 4.5k
Wow, the unique game with a massive following that has been in development for over a decade is earning 4.5k a month with no rewards.
Wow. Just wow, folks.
>>
what if my works are aimed at childrens and teens? something like 5~14. how are they gonna pay for paywall content unless begging their parents to use their cards.
>>
>>2765423
>made shit game
>get money
fuck i think im in the wrong industry here
>>
>>2765434
Well yes, but it's still interesting, they seem to have this "no fucks given" policy from the very beginning and it kinda worked
>>
>>2765449
Patreon, from what I've seen, tends to be about people throwing money at popular people for the fun of it largely. Unless you are famous or have a cult following then it will not be very easy starting up.
>>
Depends. Some artists like Jasonafex are doing well while others like Aaron are not.

Aaron is classic How not to Patreon.

Paywall image packs, 10 images for 35 bucks a month. No, you don't get your character in anything. He floods his regular page with cropped images from his Patreon. And this month he's actually not letting new people join his Patreon because he doesn't want his art leaking.
>>
>>2765548
>Aaron is classic How not to Patreon.

who is this glorious aaron and what is his patreon
>>
>>2765558

furaffinity.net/user/aaron

Although I'll admit I like his art
>>
>>2765548
>He floods his regular page with cropped images from his Patreon.
>And this month he's actually not letting new people join his Patreon because he doesn't want his art leaking.

wew
>>
>>2765567

he's a troglodyte
>>
>>2765573
a lot of furries are
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.