[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not being able to visualize

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: aphantasia-or-blind-imagination.jpg (53KB, 634x423px) Image search: [Google]
aphantasia-or-blind-imagination.jpg
53KB, 634x423px
Can you visualize and hold a picture in your mind's eye for at least 10 seconds?
For example if i say "apple", can you see it? Can you hold the picture of ir? Can you walk around it?
>>
File: 001.jpg (186KB, 1275x1753px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
186KB, 1275x1753px
>>2764292
yes, because I trained my memory
>>
>>2764295

Memory has nothing to do with visualization itself but with recalling.

If you have good (normal working short and long-term) memory and good visualization, then you can recall picture from memory. But if you don't have visualization part, you only have abstract info about subject but you can see it in mind.

For example, you know very good how square, triangle or circle look, you know their specifics. But if you close your eyes, you still might not see it. You can clearly describe it but not see it (if you have problems with visualization).
>>
Buddhist monks who have trouble accepting the concept of Maya - the world being an illusion - are given the task of mastering the discipline of creating a tulpa - an imaginary object, often a simple cup.
The goal is to master the discipline to such an extent that the monk can manifest the imaginary object in his mind to such a degree that it is indistinguishable from reality - he can see it with perfect clarity, he can touch it, smell it, feel its weight. He can hold the cup as it was a real object.

Once the task is accomplished, the monk realizes the reality he is experiencing is not objective, and the ability to manifest a non-existent object allows him to accept that the world is not real.

The ability is supposedly attainable by anyone, with time and discipline.

Protip: Never research the topic online, the word has been hijacked by /x/ retards who like stories of imaginry friends killing their creators and /mlp/ faggots who think they can have pony waifu.
>>
>>2764311
I'm pretty sure the online tulpa community is just a bunch of roleplaying autists. I doubt that any of them have the mental discipline akin to that of a monk.
>>
Conjure up an image of a friend or relative who you frequently see; how clearly can you see the contours of their face, head, shoulders and body?

Still imagining that friend or relative, how strongly can you see the characteristic poses of their head and body?

How well can you envision the way that friend or relative walks, the length of their step, for example?

Rate how vivid the colours of that person's clothes look in your mind?

Visualise a rising sun and look carefully at the details of that mental picture; how clearly do you see that sun rising above the horizon in a hazy sky?

Imagine the sky clearing and surrounding the sun with blueness, how vivid is that image?

Clouds appear in your sky and a lightning storm erupts - how well can you see it?

A rainbow appears in your sky, how clearly can you make it out?

If you can't do that, you can quit art.
>>
I pictured an apple before it slowly morphed into a ballsack

How fucked am i
>>
>>2765611
Not enough.

Bazinga
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.