[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studying discussion thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1441716414467.jpg (123KB, 928x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441716414467.jpg
123KB, 928x720px
I thought it would be good to have a thread regarding discussing how we each individually learn, what helped us out the most and what exercises we regret spending time on the most.

What are the most important fundamentals to learn, in your opinion, and what do you find most helpful when it comes to study? I think having a discussion about this can help save time or help anons who are struggling to progress on a certain aspect of their art.
>>
>>2763883
>telling you my secrets on learning

There is a reason why all the pros cop out and say "just draw" to artist hopefuls.
>>
>>2763883
All you need to know is Loomis, and Loomis. If you still can't into moe faces that means you're not getting enough Loomis and you need more Loomis.

Smug animu faces are patrician and requires Loomis.
>>
I know shit about the best ways to learn/practice.
But why do so many people draw hundreds of pages of circloid shapes, lines and other "fundamentals" and post them asking how is their progress on figure drawing. This looks so stupid to me.
Go draw what you like and learn to draw nice things and not ugly circles and squares.
>>
>>2763904
It's meme, but I did loomis, drew through figured drawing for all its worth once, went back and revisted some chapters. Same with head and hands. Read some of creative illustration. I found it all useful and learned a bunch. There's real info in there.
>>
>>2763930
Because drawabox and beginners in their eternal circlejerk of regurgitating shit they just learned. The number of literal retards and autismals we get here is astounding and useless fuckers constantly looking for someone to spoonfeed their particular brand of suck to and feed their own ego only makes it worse.
>>
>>2763930
>Go draw what you like and learn to draw nice things and not ugly circles and squares.

Yeah meanwhile you are drawing your "nice things" and wondering why you aren't progressing as fast as the guy drawing those useless circles and squares.
>>2763962
retard
>>
>>2763970
>retard
not an argument
>>
>>2763975
who said I was arguing with you?
>>
>>2763978
Where do you think we are?
>>
Personally, I found studying anatomy to be far simpler if you break it down. It seems like common sense, but you really need to just focus on one part of the body and hammer it into your brain, and then move on to the next. For example, learn to draw a femur. Spend a week on developing an understanding of the form of the femur. Draw it first from "life" (photos) and then from imagination, criticizing your drawings from imagination after every session. This is a definite way to improve at drawing certain body parts from imagination, and it doesn't take too long, either.
>>
>>2763883
>>2764274
>>
>>2763883
>when you study the face more than the rest
>>
>>2763883
Needs more Loomis
>>
i'm moving back to live with parents so i can focus on studying by myself.
right now i'm pretty much have no skills except doodling animu stuff.
was thinking to follow this schedule for beginning:
warm up - free handing from imagination
keys of drawing (i can't draw from reference and life for shit)
perspective
peter han exercises

anyone who's more experienced can tell me if it's a good plan?
>>
>>2764734
take classes, you'll improve faster.
>>
>>2764741
no good art schools in my country, and i can't really afford them anyway, just got my STEM degree.
most i can pull of is going to atelier once a week or something
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.