[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schoolism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: schoolism logo.png (33KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
schoolism logo.png
33KB, 350x200px
So is it any good? Have i been brainwashed by Chiu? After i pay my subscription, will i be sent into a secret slave camp?

So anyone who has taken Schoolism courses, are they any good and which one should i start with?
>>
>>2763254
I've heard pretty good things. Most people I think download all the videos then pay 1$ to switch to a new course and download it all. Doing this is "cheating the system" but means you can get it way cheaper and view it any time.

Personally I've seen only a part of Nathan's course and his voice will put you to sleep. The info is pretty good but he goes into a lot of unnecessary tangents, which you may enjoy or may find just slows down the course.
>>
>>2763254
Painting with Light and Color is really good. I haven't seen any of the others.
>>
Remember when this was supposed to be some revolutionary project to end all other art instruction and bring light to the masses?

Good times.
>>
>>2763287
I mean every new online program makes big claims because that's how they make money. Even if individually it's not enough to end everything, all the different programs are collectively pushing art education in a very good direction and the overall skill level of the industry is rising rapidly.
>>
File: 3.gif (684KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
684KB, 294x233px
>>2763256
>Nathan's course
Take a shot every time he tells a story about his time at dreamworks. You'll be dead in 2 lessons
>>
rips where
>>
Better than learnsquared?
>>
The gesture videos and character design ones are good. Still at it, though.
>>
>>2763408
These guys are still pretty new so idk how they stack up
>>
>>2763256
How would you DL the videos once you pay is there a download link for each course? Or do you need to rip the vids with a program/browser extension?
>>
>>2763504
I think you need another program to do it, but I haven't done it myself so am not certain.
>>
>>2763517
I mite just drop the 15 and try it myself, will post results if possible
>>
>>2763296
Is Painting with Light and Color with Nathan Fowkes anywhere for free? I looked on cgpeers and it's not there.
>>
>>2763504
>>2763517
Pretty sure they can tell when someone does that and they will cancel your subscription and possibly even go after you legally because you did something that was against their terms of use agreement. At least that's what Watts aterlier does to protect their vids.
>>
>>2763600
let them try to pursue someone in a different country. besides, that didn't stop watts videos from being leaked.
>>
>>2763600
They'll know if your computer is running a screen recorder while their video is playing? What kind of anti-piracy software do they have?
>>
>>2763600
Not if you don't act like a retard and try to simultaneously download a bunch of videos at once they won't.
>>
>>2763597
It used to be there but I guess it was taken down. I wouldn't bother. Nathan Fowkes is not a very good teacher. The lessons were almost a podcast with a few tips sprinkled in.
>>
I'm paying the basic sub and I'm liking so far.
To bad I can't get feedback from teachers, but it's still nice enough to be able to see the other student's feedbacks.
I'm only looking at Terryl's creature design course for now and it's been enlightening to say the least. But she has something similar to what >>2763296 said about Nathan. Take a shot everytime she says something about designing for Lucas Arts and you'll turn into an irish in half an hour.
>>
File: 1448590931084.png (143KB, 672x434px) Image search: [Google]
1448590931084.png
143KB, 672x434px
Pulling the $15 trigger on realistic portraits tomorrow. Wish me luck, boyos (maybe i'll camstudio it)
>>
>>2763254
>you have to pay to change courses
Just jew my shit up
>>
>>2763641
You must be really dumb. Nathan Fowkes course completely changed my understanding of how to think about color and light.
>>
>>2763641
Fuck You.
>>
>>2763758
>>2763761
Calm down now, Nathan
>>
>>2763781
Damn, just last week I was Simon Stalahagaasdsdf and now I'm Nathan Fowkes. Moving up in the art world.
>>
Jeff watts is the best one.
>>
>>2763789

Jeff Watts is an asshole and a piece of shit. I hear he opens his sodas and leaves them lying around without even finishing them.

Kidding, of course. I hear a lot about Watts when it comes to figures. He a reliable teacher? I'll look into this.
>>
>>2763641
Thanks. Would you recommend james gurney or scott robertson instead?
>>
>>2763781
I've been one of nathan's students for years now so you can go fuck yourself. He's a great teacher that talks trhough experiences and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>2763852
>I've been one of nathan's students for years now

Oh yeah? Well I slept with Nathan back when we were in 1st year of college. Are you jealous?
>>
>>2763856
I'm just gonna say it, this thread has gone off the rails
>>
>>2763870
you just jelly that Nathan never came in your mouth faggot

I saved that selfie, will always e highest achievement in art
>>
>>2763886
Is this the secret to gitting gud?
>>
>>2763254
I've done three courses so far on a years subscription and overall it's been worth it.
I find the lesson/assignment format very valuable for providing structure.

Doing Introduction to digital painting made me complete a full illustration for the first time in my life.

I did drawing fundamentals but didn't find it worthwhile. Maybe if your an complete beginner it would be good to give you a rough idea of some general principles?

I'm almost done gesture drawing at the moment and I think I'm improving but I'm finding it hard to consciously describe why so I'm not sure if it'll stick with me long term.

Has anyone done painting with life and color? I'm interested in it but it looks still life heavy and I don't have any space to set them up.
>>
Are the lessons downloadable? Is there a link?
If I'll pay the lessons I'll probably starve this week
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.