[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Havent been drawing for a few days now due to really messed up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: .jpg (42KB, 297x260px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
42KB, 297x260px
Havent been drawing for a few days now due to really messed up sleeping and other shit.

How do I get back there?
>>
You don't stop ever due to anything.
>>
>>2762511

Thats why I finally started pursuing art, because of how shitty life is. Suprised by the amount of people on this board that are so rosey about life or see art as a means of career via doing work for others. I don't get it.
>>
>>2762525
Tell me more about your perspective, anon. I don't quite understand why you're pursuing art.
>>
>>2762518
stupidest shit ive read ever
>>
File: Tchaicoughsky.jpg (108KB, 647x735px) Image search: [Google]
Tchaicoughsky.jpg
108KB, 647x735px
>>2762527

I'm really depressed and have been suicidal going on a couple of years. I've been trying to pursue an artistic medium that would allow me to accurately express my world view and feelings in general to those around me, especially the ones that may have similar feelings, but have just gone through cycles of trying and not giving a shit/trying to sabotage myself into suicide.

I've always liked drawing, and it has been one of the very few consistent hobbies that has stuck with me through life. I've considered music as it's something else I've always been interested in. Alas, I was ignorant of the world around me when I was younger, so I did not pursue any skills or crafts really, besides using the computer efficiently. I played the Cello very briefly in grade school, but have only listened to an extensive amount of music rather than try to produce anything myself. Guess I've got the feeling that I'll never be good since I didn't learn any of it as a child/teen. I've always been a doodler, and now I'm really trying to learn and master drawing and then maybe oil painting.

Eh, anyway, you get the gist. I just don't understand all the people I see that don't seem to put much emotion into their craft. They get the creative urges and feelings any other artist would describe, but it doesn't seem to me that they have much purpose behind it I guess? And that a lot of it is financially motivated?

It's hard to put into words, but I am basically drawing for my life at this point. I feel like I cannot speak, and those shitty doodles I've done over the years, most of which start with a simple tracing over others work, have been one of the only methods I have found which has given me any sense of relief (alongside drugs of course). I'm 100% there are others like me, I guess I just don't see them on here as much as I thought I would (been browsing a few months now).
>>
File: brainforce.jpg (15KB, 343x147px) Image search: [Google]
brainforce.jpg
15KB, 343x147px
>>2762511
Get this, it has changed my life.
>>
>>2762580

Thanks Alex
>>
>>2762581
it's funny because my name is alex IRL too
>>
>>2762572
Well I am similar to you but I dont do drugs. What is killing me personally is that I am through countless cycles of starting to learn and giving up some time later just because I cant produce work I would like to do. The worst is that I am in a new cycle now and I still dont know if I can stuck with this thing for good, like really long time so I can learn something.

Its either black or white for me - either I succeed and become one of the best or just fail miserably and kill myself.
>>
>>2762594
Want a study buddy?
>>
>>2762609
sure
>>
>>2762609
if you are on /ic/ discord, just pm "bane"
>>
>>2762618
Contact?
>>
>>2762511
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>2762594

Nice to see someone else with a similar mindset. I tend to go all-in or all-out in my approach, and it can lead to me being stuck in a similar cycle.

Also, that's the worst feeling. Especially when you can pick up on those around you being skeptical that you will be able to keep at it. Really fucking kills me.

Godspeed anon.
>>
Studies are a njce way to get things rolling. Quick still lifes and whatnot with a pencil
>>
I started doing studies again... and I am shit again. I lost everyting I learned for past 2 weeks, literally doing the same mistakes i was doing before.

I dont know why or how but those few days made my learning worthless.
>>
>>2762511
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>2762713
back to r.eddit you fucktard
>>
>>2762622
i want to join the discord, can u tell me the name? is it in sticky?
>>
I suggest drawing.
>>
>>2762848
https://discord.gg/VrtXz
>>
>>2762851
thx
>>
>>2762511
maybe try to doodle at least 5-20min a day if you dont want to study

>>2762724
different anon, but op does sound like a bot
>>
>>2762851
got another invite? wanted to be a part of your study group
>>
>>2762981
https://discord.gg/U5HpnnA

this one wont expire
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.