[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to really learn anatomy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Legs.jpg (203KB, 1360x1057px) Image search: [Google]
Legs.jpg
203KB, 1360x1057px
What's the best way to learn anatomy?
Should you simply draw from reference once you know what muscles insert/attach where?

Is book theory and functionality enough to get ok at it, or are references an absolute necessity? How did you guys learn your anatomy? Did you only read books, or did you draw/construct? Did you read theory and then apply it to plenty of life drawings?

How do you know what you're doing is correct? Is it best to simply guess and then find out more later?

Pic related

I can't say with certainty that everything in here is right.
>>
File: Human Dude.jpg (187KB, 1035x956px) Image search: [Google]
Human Dude.jpg
187KB, 1035x956px
It feels like no matter how anatomy I learn; I'm still not where I really want to be with it.

It's very hard to accurately do it from imagination for me despite all of the simplification of the muscles I've seen.

This is how I create my muscles without a reference. They're very inaccurate. This is prior to deconstructing the forms of muscles I've seen from photographs.

I've been told I need more fundamental practice, but I'm not exactly sure how you can get better at 3D visualization aside from life-drawing.

Is it a matter of mileage?
>>
File: MuscleStudy.jpg (444KB, 1460x2324px) Image search: [Google]
MuscleStudy.jpg
444KB, 1460x2324px
Would this be a correct way to learn the construction of anatomical features?
>>
>>2762065
considering how shitty your drawing is, i would say no
>>
>>2762071
Where should I start from?
What makes the picture so bad?
>>
>>2762072
You learned your basic anatomy alright, but you forgot an important thing: perspective and form. Your understanding of form is weak and your muscles perspectives don't follow the larger planes. Work on proportions, placement, perspective.
>>
>>2762092
Thank you.

One more thing, how do I strengthen my understanding of form?

I do a lot of life drawing, and I'll get good at it, but then it'll immediately disappear once I stop to go study something else.
>>
>>2762100
>do I strengthen my understanding of form?
Michael Hampton page 50

Do the exercises.
>>
>>2762104
Thanks once more
>>
>>2762107
Read Hogarth.
>>
>>2762092
I thought I had brought my form up to speed by running through Draw-a-box about a year ago.

I didn't know it slips like crazy if you don't maintain it.
>>
you could always learn to draw rather than memorizing quote unquote anatomy. you can't honestly tell me you look at that mess of lines and circles vaguely shaped like the human body that you are passing off as informed practice and think it looks good you fucking suck cock fuck sucker
>>
>>2762187
I know, that's why I'm going back to learning how to draw.

I thought I was good on 3D thought because I would hit the same forms Michael Hampton was hitting.

I was totally wrong.

It has recently gotten very hard after I've learned muscles and insertions since I've been neglecting it like crazy.

I guess I'll just blow 20 hours studying it again.
>>
>>2762187
Hey fuck you you stupid ugly worthless garbage human. Don't talk to people like that you self loathing dissapointment. That's taking it too far you bag of smegma scrapings. No one wants you aroudn you're worthless, have no talent nd you can barely even draw. You're literally nothing. You are a nothing.

Also yeah you need to work on your form OP. You bitch.
>>
I think the most important thing for learning anatomy is to be able to draw the skeleton well.
And I mean really well. You should be able to draw any bone at any angle from imagination rather accurately.
The skeleton is the foundation of the body, so it should be the foundation of your drawing.
If you can draw the skeleton well the rest should be very easy to learn.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.