[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my WIP /ic/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: odrex-WIP.jpg (26KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
odrex-WIP.jpg
26KB, 480x600px
>>
These values suck. Your highlights are too over the place, try to condense them to fewer points and play with your midtones more.

Subject matter is otherwise okay, cloth form/texture needs more variety rather than these uniform, horizontal lines.
>>
>>2762004
>Your highlights are too over the place, try to condense them to fewer points
As in, even them out so they are more or less the same tone or you mean the actual spots? As in making them more 'spiky'?(sorry can't really translate to words)
>>
It's nice. I like it.
>>
>>2762008
take what he says with a grain of salt op, your values are good
>>
>>2762021
First time posting on this board, wasn't really sure desu
>>
Ditch the perfect gradient for the background. Try drawing in the gradient with the same round brush you're using for the head.
>>
>>2762028
It's temporary, already made a new one.
>>
File: colorident.jpg (20KB, 342x398px) Image search: [Google]
colorident.jpg
20KB, 342x398px
>>2762008
This basically, sorry that I explained myself badly.

The transition from the brightest highlights to your shadows is basically linear. You wanna separate it more, which shouldn't change your overall values but change how they transition to each other (for the skin, especially on the nose, forehead, and nasal folds/cheeks.
>>
>>2762036
Exactly, thank you for this image. This graph is what I meant when I said "spiky".
>>
>>2762038
Then yeah, that's what they should be. You can also look up refs of metal objects mostly in shadows, to see what the falloff on them looks like. The highlight on your crown right now is really wide, making it seem like it's being lit by a big studio light, or some far away slit of light (a canyon or two large doors slightly ajar?), but the darkness of the shadows on your subject hints at a much more intimate lighting situation, like the light shining on him is somewhat close yet not particularly strong (hence the strong shadows, from lack of ambient/diffuse light).

Keep in mind the highlights on metal simply correspond to light sources in the environment.
>>
File: 1312.jpg (34KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1312.jpg
34KB, 480x600px
Going off what others are saying concerning the values, I just wanted to share what I would do -

I'd simplify the value ranges of each core group of values:
-crown
-hair
-skin
-cloth

In particular, I'd push the cloth a bit higher. In some points the values are too close to the face, and I just pushing the values higher help create a nice focal point.

Hope this helps! This is just the direction I would take it.
>>
>>2762049
looks more like piss than gold now
>>
>>2762043
I have literally only spent like a minute on the crown (probably should have mentioned that).
It's still a bit of foreign territory.
>>
I think its cool but I the stuff in the eyes is supposed to be gold I think but it just looks like melted cheese. Is he the kraft king
>>
>>2762049
Doesn't that flatten it out quite a lot?
The eyes need to be darker. Pic related
>>
>>2762063
I suppose it depends on how thick the bandage is. I prefer the look of a more simplified, flatter bandage (which currently makes more sense as the yellow liquid isn't bleeding through), but it could go either way.
>>
>>2762052
hah dude you gotta stay hydrated if your piss looks like that
>>
>>2761983
This isnjust me, but I'd recommend another bit of gold in the composition to unify it a little more. Maybe something on the crown, or a symbol on the blindfold? Alternatively you could give him a chest or something.
Love it technique wise though! Very cool!
>>
I dont like the texture on the blindfold
>>
what's the ref?
>>
>>2761983
why is he bleeding honey
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.