[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

need CC please

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Value Study nov 30.jpg (250KB, 1255x741px) Image search: [Google]
Value Study nov 30.jpg
250KB, 1255x741px
new to 4chan, i heard you guys treat newcomers like shit, but i just looking for some honest feedback please lol
>>
>>2761260
We only treat them like shit when they don't follow the rules or are idiots. Next time post your image in the Beginner Thread instead of making your own thread and resize it to be MAX of 1000 pixels on the long side, probably you should make it slightly smaller.

Crits:
-if it's a value study leave out the lines and just work with values
-use a bigger brush
-your local colour of the vases is darker than you've made it, so the entire light side on them can be knocked down darker
-the bottom of the vases should not be flat like that, it should be a slight curve since it's an ellipse
>>
Okay, will do -
Could you or somebody else tell me what you mean by local colour? Is that like the 'default' color of the vase in neutral lighting?
>>
>>2761280
Local colour is just the colour of the object yes. An apple is a medium reddish colour, a piece of paper is white. So the vases in real life are probably a dark ceramic, maybe a dark brown or green or something, so even in the areas hit by light it will be darkish. If the vases were had a local colour of white then the values in both the light area and shadow area would be significantly brighter/
>>
>>2761260
go to the /beg/ thread jesus christ
>>
Don't outline still-life work. Makes it look flat. Focus on the values enough, and you won't need lines to define shapes.
>>
local color = basically mid-tones ( most of the time )
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.