[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abstract Art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5304.jpg (371KB, 540x697px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5304.jpg
371KB, 540x697px
"Like much else in our heritage, our conceptions about the role of drawing in the arts comes largely from the Renaissance. During the early years of that period, drawing as we now practice it became established as the foundation of training in the arts. A long-term academic apprenticeship, which called for drawing from nature as well as copying studies executed by master artists, prepared students for their profession. In later centuries this system, with only slight alteration, continued as the accepted means of artistic training.
In the 20th century this procedure has been seriously challenged. The impact of abstract painting, of Expressionism, Conceptualism, Minimal Art, and other contemporary movements tends to make the arduous disciplines of earlier times seem irrelevant to the needs of the contemporary student. Many teachers and students go further. They believe that highly structured training can even inhibit the development of original and innovative forms of expression by encouraging students to depend on trite and outworn formulas, rather than allowing their inner resouces free play."

I will post some of my drawings which I believe to be in this spirit. I have taken a couple of painting classes at university, and I have a pretty extensive background in drawing as a child--I went to a private school in which most academic subjects were taught artistically: we would draw a picture of a scene for a particular History topic. This gave me a natural eye and ability for art, but beyond basic drawing techniques I never formally studied things like composition or anatomy.

I started this thread to get a discussion going about the value of formal art instruction and to possibly get some feedback on my own art.
>>
File: IMG_5295.jpg (544KB, 540x711px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5295.jpg
544KB, 540x711px
>>
File: IMG_5297.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5297.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>
File: IMG_5309.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5309.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>
File: IMG_5306.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5306.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>
>>2761007
What comes across through all of these works is a great energy, artistic change and dynamicism as Britain becomes modernised and the centre of an empire.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.