[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i become the best graffiti artist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

How can i become the best graffiti artist?
>>
Suicide. It worked for Cobain, anyway.
>>
>>2760426

Learn perspective drawing, study the shape in perspective of various animals, vehicles, people..etc and then learn spray paint techniques.
>>
>>2760511

Don't forget about rending after you've got basic perspective hammered down. Don't do it before perspective, because it'll be confusing as fuck.
>>
>>2760511
true vandal.
>>
>>2760512
thanks. we already knew you were mentally retarded...
>>
>>2760514
>>2760516

Glad to help, anyway. By the way, don't forget to be a liberal with a manbun and a hoodie when you finally drop loomis and get out into the urban jungle!
>>
You start by developing your tag, then your throwie. You move onto advanced pieces once you have those down. Respect the process
>>
>>2760511
>>2760932
already done all of those
i mean more advanced shit and originality.
>>
best thing would be to find some friends who already do this shit
i started on my own and did it the wrong way
do what >>2760932 said because that is the only way honestly.
dont go on the streets as soon as you get paint or a marker
practice at home and get your style down
It will take a long time before you can do something like in the OP
But personally as i kept writing i started to enjoy graffiti for reasons other than the ones that caused me to start
>>
>>2761195
work honestly
practice makes perfect
>>
>>2761203
op here
im 1 year in
ive changed quite a bit
use to bomb a bunch
sorta wore off and i like chill virgin spots and walls. post some of your shit?
>>
>>2761208
i dont have any pics or drawings since i am a pussy
but ill try to snap a few tomorrow
Post yours?
>>
File: DSCN3277.jpg (727KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3277.jpg
727KB, 2048x1536px
>>2761224
a year ago
>>
File: piccca.png (481KB, 671x716px) Image search: [Google]
piccca.png
481KB, 671x716px
>>2761228
3 days ago
>>
>>2761229
1 year since i started and i haven't improved that much
since shit here in england gets removed really quick and im 2 poor to afford paint
>>
>>2761228
>>2761229
>>2761246

Why can't you just stop being a fucking vandal? Jesus, what a fag.
>>
File: IMG_20161120_120149.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161120_120149.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2761252
Literally hurts nobody. Tunnels arent private property. Half the shit I do you need boots to see. Also this way I have free canvas that I don't need an art show for people to see.
>>
>>2761252
its funny coz i literally suck dick
>>
File: asdfghgfdsfdgfhgjhkj.jpg (77KB, 639x1136px) Image search: [Google]
asdfghgfdsfdgfhgjhkj.jpg
77KB, 639x1136px
>>2761255
pretty much where im at
>>
File: IMG_20161130_094701.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161130_094701.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2761279
How long have you been drawing? Also start biting shit off Instagram. I noticed most improvent after studying tons of writers and taking little things and Doo dad's I liked from them and slowly implanting them into my pieces. Your letters are really underdeveloped. Sounds weird... But try being as fucking basic and simple as possible.
>>
>>2761286
I dont draw much. I really dont like biting shit and honestly i havent found any styles that id like to do. Can you recommend any good insta's? i like simplistic... not a fan of cluttered shit or wildstyle.
>>
File: AirBrush_20161129171640.jpg (110KB, 243x325px) Image search: [Google]
AirBrush_20161129171640.jpg
110KB, 243x325px
>>2761307
Idk try @chasingpaint or @lifeseemsdull you gotta really look and find the artist you like. Dude I was 100% in your spots about biting shit few months ago. I get it. But realize you will develop your own style after "biting others. Like I bite 10 diff peices for a single piece on average. I don't consider it biting though. You just find shit you like and use it. Digest and suspect every letter. Leave your ego at the door. All top writers are inspired by other people. Nobody is ever 100% original
>>
>>2761311
its not really about being original or about ego
like i said i have a hard time finding anything that i want to do myself.
its not that i dont like what others do its just that i dont think i would like to do something like that or that i want to be original
>>
>>2761328
Watch documentaries. Spray daily has tons of good YouTube videos
>>
I wonder if any decently well known writers browse the ch0n, pretty sure that lush dude does as I've seen him literally painting memes. Best advice I can give is start basic and look at lots and lots of graffiti and see if you can find some other writers to give you some tips and tricks about how to use a can of paint.
>>
>>2761497
Lush maybe browses 4chan. Hes fairly edgy and seems like your typical Aussie shitposter
>>
I literally stopped doing graffiti because these graffiti writers are on a crazy ego trip and it's fucking annoying as hell.
>>
>>2760426
you don't. graffiti is over. it's been milked to death. I haven't seen anything original come out of the culture since 2001. shit needs to stop it's pretty gay.
>>
>>2761522
You haven't been keeping up.
>>
>>2761521
Let's see how far you went?
>>
>>2760426
Only tag police stations and government buildings.
>>
>>2761547
trust me i'm surrounded by it everyday and it just keeps getting worse.

makes me cringe that adults in there late 20's and 30's still do this garbage shit
>>
>>2761603

Tagging? Or graffiti?
>>
>>2761624
yeah.

>they're both the same thing.
>>
>>2761652
One takes 5 seconds the other can take up to 5 hours.
>>
Be in the right place at the write time

Get a paint companh to make you their poster boy

Get called one of the best graffiti artists in the world just because you are sponsored by ironlak
>>
>>2761603
I went into a graffiti store today to buy some spray paint and there was a dude in there with his little kid talking with the guys on the counter about how the rain fucked him up his painting while he was in the yard...

Maybe if you have a kid you should be looking after him instead of painting freights and risking having him taken away by child services..

But nah the guys at the counter didnt think so... They were acting like he was a hero for painting freights.

I love graffiti but its full of ferals...

Theres also a guy who works there that wears the same clothes two days in a row...

80 percent of graffiti writers arent worth your time.
>>
>>2761795
>ferals
A FUCKING MEN. Was a writer for 10+ years, had to ditch cuz the fucking people I was with were terrible. I'm still addicted tho, if I hadn't built up my life I'd be in the gutter bombing and getting drunk. Sometimes it's the only thing that makes sense. I dunno. :(
>>
>>2761789
Sofles?
>>
>>2760426
You will never be the best, but you can get better and better. Don't work for the pleasure of others but yourself.
Just enjoy what you are doing and git gud
>>
I've got some good shot should I post anybody still lurking or what
>>
>>2761795
to true.

the people are mentally retarded. just look up cope2 he's a fuckin ' drone. seriously I fucking hate graffiti writers, I used to be one, but holy fuck I've forgiven myself and now I see all these people making the same mistakes or still doing graffiti.

it's a fucking bum culture. bunch of talentless losers. fuck them I never got any of there appreciation as a fellow bomber, everybody was miserable.
>>
>>2762380
>talentless losers

I took art to another level.
>>
>>2762380
i hate graffers too. but one cannot dismiss that the most important contemporary artist of this century was in fact banksy.
not the best. but the most important.
>>
>>2762367
Post it
>>
>>2762380
Show us how far you got. It seems that shitty people stay shit and smarter people get better
>>
>>2762420
Biggest meme of the century maybe.
>>
>>2762420
Maybe for normies.
>>
>>2762469
Draw some more manga you faggot.
>>
>>2761497
Im pretty sure lush has posted his art here before but never said who he was.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.