[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Narrow it down

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Gotsomethinginyourhair.jpg (422KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
Gotsomethinginyourhair.jpg
422KB, 800x522px
Just read a great article by Greg Manchess on Muddy Colors.

What do you think about this?

So, you want to do it all. You want to be able to shift and change and not get cornered. You want to be able to do exactly what you want to do, without getting trapped in a “style.” You better hope to high heaven you even get that far, because in avoiding being trapped, in avoiding being typecast, you’re limiting yourself to the great unwashed bazillions that are thinking the same dang thing.

Sure, you’d like to get work from all over the industry. Comics, book covers, movie posters, children’s books, gaming, etc. First move: decide which one, maybe two, of these areas you really like the most. Do it now.

You already know down deep. C’mon. It’s burning a hole in your heart. And if you really can’t place it, you’d better take a long walk and get it figured out. Until you do, you’ll be all over the board. You’ll be scatter-brained. As will your work. As will any client that might want to use you. And this...this is BAD.

You cannot afford to confuse your potential client. They want to know exactly what they’ll get for using you. You must show them exactly what you do, and will do, for them.

Did you already choose your path or are you still trying to decide? And if you did, why?
>>
>>2758840
wtf did I just read
>>
>>2758845
Not gonna make it
>>
>>2758840
very true and very sobering to read through that whole article because it made me realize that I've done shit all to actually work towards becoming employable as an artist. At some point, studying without a clear goal or direction becomes just procrastination.
>>
-TLDR
-Art in OP's pic is not bad
-Op is an Fag
>>
>>2758840
This is a hobby for me, I can branch out as much as I bloody well like.
>>
File: Manchess_Bernstein.jpg (120KB, 742x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Manchess_Bernstein.jpg
120KB, 742x1080px
>>2758840
article is here
https://muddycolors.blogspot.com/2014/02/10-thingsfinding-your-audience.html
>>
>>2760053
nice reading comprehension anon
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.