[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should everyone who wants to, draw, no matter how shitty their

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Should everyone who wants to, draw, no matter how shitty their work turns out?
It seems that /ic/ actively discourages beginners by making fun of people in the /cringe/ threads.
>>
this board is for shitposters by shitpostsers. nobody here actually draws.
>>
never gonna make it
>>
>>2757857
people like you are why we can't have threads about things like this

>>2757854
Because of anonymous culture people will say whatever is on their mind. If someone who can't draw (yet) knows anything about that then they'll realize to shut those people out and focus on getting better

then again is /ic/ the best place for someone who is just starting out?
>>
>>2757857
>nobody here actually draws

this is where all the pro's come to vent dude. Most of /ic IS Professional.
>>
>>2757854
If you actually drew, your work would not be shitty. It's like saying talent exists and that you'll never be at NBA level even if you work hard. No one actually works that hard because they just don't put in the time.
>>
>>2757861
>It's like saying talent exists and that you'll never be at NBA level even if you work hard.
That's true though. In world level athletics, especially in the NBA, you need to be 1 in 50,000 genetics wise.
>>
>>2757860
Yes, just like most of /fit/ is professional bodybuilders and athletes and most of /lit/ is published, professional writers.
>>
>>2757880
this guy knows.
>>
>>2757854
cringe threads aren't mocking people who can't draw. They're mocking people who don't try
>>
>>2757854
oh my god, whine more you beta male feminist.
>>
>>2757861
Reggin detected.
>>
>>2757854
>implying more than 95% of this board don't vastly overrate themselves
>>
>>2757908
How'd feminism come into play? Are you one of those people who get super triggered and sperg out 'cause anything they clearly don't like are clearly feminists? Y'all are almost as bad as them, lul
>>
>>2758314
It's probably the Millennial Tinkerbell attitude where if someone says they don't believe in you, you lose all your powers and die.

If an anonymous person being mean to your art makes you not want to do art anymore, you don't have the will to get good.
>>
>>2757860
kekd hard
>>
>>2758330
While I agree that you need harder skin to pursue your ambitions, let alone come on 4chan, this doesn't stop the dude from just asking a fucking question and that anon (I'm presuming you're not the same one) immediately jumped to the hot topic of 2013-2016.

If I asked you what 2+2 was, would you call me a Nazi sympathizer? No. That doesn't make any fucking sense. You'd call me that because I just posted a picture of Hitler with a nonsensical quote.
>>
>>2757854
why would u care what others think of you? especially when you're being anonymous on an anonymous image board.
get over yourself, the faster the better.
>>
>>2757854
Of course

Why would someone who is bad at something not be allowed to do it if they enjoy it?
They aren't hurting anyone, so it doesn't matter what they do. As long as they are having fun, then that's it.

It seems to me, from a beginners' point of view, that most of /ic/ assumes you want to do this for the money and that you have to become a "professional" or otherwise your opinions aren't worth shit. It also seems that if you don't want to do it for money, then you might as well not be doing it. It feels like a weird mindset to me, but then again, I don't think anyone on here actually knows how to draw or even enjoys it, that one dudes' comparison to /fit/ and /lit/ was pretty spot on.

Also no one /v/ likes video games either. It's a bit like that I imagine.
>>
>>2757860
You people might not understand this, but what he said is actually true.

I work in a top studio, I'm very well known on the internet, and all I do here is shitpost. I know a couple of people from work visit here too for the keks.
>>
>>2758552
exactly. kek all you want baby.
>>
>>2758330

>Millennial Tinkerbell attitude

Unless you're in your upper 30's pr 40's, you're a Tinkerbell Millennial.

If you somehow not and transcend that stereotype you just shit out as if it were some kind of gospel revelation, you're probably going to be wildly surprised that people were like this in every single generation.

You wouldn't know it but, spoiler alert, it's because you were alive during them.
>>
>>2757854
yes
>>
cringe threads (usually) don't mock beginners so much as autists.

I will say I find cringe threads to be mostly pathetic people trying to make themselves feel better by desperately trying to find people more pathetic than them, but that said the usual targets in those threads are often people who are one of two things: Too big for their britches (excessive confidence for garbage output) or no progress in a long time (autists who draw the same sanic garbage for 7 years).

/ic/ understands self-aware beginners. You'll get shit on, absolutely, but getting a thick skin isn't necessarily a bad thing. Being made fun of isn't a reason not to draw, it's a reason to get better and stop being made fun of. There's nothing wrong with being bad at art when you know you're bad and seek to improve. /ic/ has a problem with delusional artists who convince themselves that their lack of skill is a stylistic choice.
>>
>>2760473
How weird that I feel like /ic/ doesn't understand beginners at all.
>>
>>2757860
This. I am an AD for a certain multi billion dollar company, and I just shitpost here all the time. After all, what else is a successful professional to do?

>>2758552
Get back to work, Greg ;^D
>>
>>2760475

/ic/ is easily 60% beginners shitting on other beginners.
>>
>>2760517
Oddly enough I feel like that stat is correct.
>>
>>2760517
I'd say more like 70-75% based on how much work gets posted here.
>>
>>2757854

Yes.
>>
>>2757857
Meta shitpost
>>
>>2757854
You are right.
New cringe thread? The last one disappeared.
>>
>>2757854
if there is any insult that someone could say to you that would make you give up drawing, then give up now. Go find that thing that no one can take away from you because you just HAVE to do it.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.