[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my art.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: toro.jpg (375KB, 940x997px) Image search: [Google]
toro.jpg
375KB, 940x997px
I drew this a few days ago.. What do you think? Should I keep up the drawing or should I change the style..?

Also this is a link to the drawing on deviantart and in case you want to see more please do cause I would like to know what you think of my art: http://candytraitor.deviantart.com/art/Haru-sketch-647785583
>>
Meh it looks alright, his hair looks too big for his head to be honest
>>
Sure, why not.

1) I like the idea of the drawing, but after seeing your gallery I think you may have either traced it or use heavy reference (like copying an existing drawing by the eye, is that right?)

2) There's nothing inherently WRONG with that, but it's not going to help you improve, you'll always be dependant on someone else's drawings, you won't be able to "create" from your head.

3) Don't be discouraged, you obviously are good enough to draw lines with a sense of confidence, now you have to refine your skills. I know you like drawing manga, nothing wrong with that, but learning to draw more "realistic" (like in the sticky. READ THE STICKY!) is going to be insanely helpful to you.

4) An artsyle is a personal thing, like your handwriting. Much like your handrwriting, you are expected to learn the basics (how to read and draw "standard" letters) before adding your spin on it. So focus on your letters first.

5) Your painting is still a bit sloppy, but that comes with practice. If you want to really improve, both in painting and drawing, READ THE STICKY.

Anyway, good luck OP. Just don't make threads just about your art, search for threads were people share their art and ask for criticism there.
>>
Better than most /ic/ OC / 10
>>
Decent linework, kinda shitty coloring.

Symbol drawn to fuck. It works because animu, but at places it's full toddler-tier, like the ear, and in other places it's not thought-through, like nose.
It kinda looks like you're imitating animu shorthands without trying to understand why they're there or why they work.
>>
>>2757605
Why do people gradiant the hair
>>
>>2759271
They have the right idea that hue variation is important to holding viewer interest but are otherwise artistically inarticulate in expressing that.
>>
>>2759271
there's a gradient down the shirt too
>>2757615
I disagree with your second point, even tracing other drawings can help you improve, as long as your doing it with intention and not just transferring lines over to your tracing paper/new layer in ps
>>2757605
looks pretty good op, you should make the hair a bit smaller, it makes his skull look way too large above the eyes. Also be careful with your line weight.
>>
File: superthumb.jpg (19KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
19KB, 300x250px
>>2757605
bretty gud
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.