[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discipline

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Gaston.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
Gaston.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
Hello /ic/, I'm not sure if I should make a thread about this, but I don't really know where else to ask or even talk about this.

My problem is pretty simple; I can't take my time.
I try to be as fast as possible, and not even intentionally, and if I don't reach quickly enough, I just get frustrated and scrap the whole.

How can I work on this? Has any of you had this problem, and if so, how did worked with it?
>>
>>2755790
>mindful meditation
>intentionally slowing down and focusing on the process and not the product
>gradually building patience over time
>remembering that certain things will look bad before they can look good
>setting goals, deadlines, and schedules to ensure regular work gets done and a specific amount of time is spent on each "project"
>listening to podcasts while working so you are not as focused on rushing to a finish, but rather go at a steady comfortable pace
>taking regular breaks
>>
>>2755790
I don't know how to answer to your question, but you have patrician taste in comics my dude
>>
>>2755790

>How can I work on this? Has any of you had this problem, and if so, how did worked with it?

You need to medidate, or better said, stop thinking. Shut any internal monologues going on, and if they pop up do not follow them. Focus and keep going even when you feel like giving up. If you can do this, the bad feelings will go away, try it out.

Otherwise, take ADHD meds.
>>
>>2755798

Listening to podcasts while you doodle might be ok, but doing that when you are trying to study or analyze as you draw is a big no-no. You need your full focus on thinking about what you're doing.
>>
File: CCnNfaoXIAAvcev.jpg (28KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
CCnNfaoXIAAvcev.jpg
28KB, 500x667px
>>2755790
I used to be like you,
Try doing something different, even if its the smallest thing. You'll end up learning and getting a different spin on a product.

Honestly, getting something sketched out as fast as possible isnt necessarily a bad thing. Ask yourself, hey is this the best extent of what i can do or do i slap another layer on it and clean up the lines?
I cleaned up the lines, is this the best i can do?
Should i refine the lines or add in color?
Do i do something that normally isn't in my comfort zone?

I used to be a somewhat chicken scratcher when it came to sketches. One day i decided to do another line art pass, and another one on top.
Blew my mind once i figured out how much better it looked if i didn't just rush it. Now i can't go back.

Just know that these things take time and take baby steps. If it looks like shit you need to scrap, take the time to draw over it and make it look better. You'll learn patience and develop better habits and skills that way.
>>
>>2755790
Pomodoro technique.
>>
I think I sort of know how you are feeling. Whenever I try to draw, one of my obsessions is the speed I am drawing. If I draw too slow, I feel it's going to affect the flow of the overall drawing, making it look too stiff, and that slow speed is making me less productive as an artist, so I scrap it. If I draw too fast, I feel like the drawing was made carelessly, without regard for proportions, detail and line quality, so I end up scrapping it too.

But in my case I belive it's because I am obsessed with "drawing the correct way". I end up scrapping if I used too many lines while sketching, or too little, if I made a bad stroke even when there are plenty of good ones, if I had to correct or redraw the pose. I've tried sketching the pose naked and adding clothes, or directly sketching the pose with the clothes, and I end up throwing the picture away in both cases. If I don't use reference I scrap it, but if I use reference for something I consider I am suposed to have a good enough visual library, I scrap the picture too. In the end, I feel I am not drawing using the adequate method or process, so I just end up watching tons of videos, trying to see how other artists do it, while throwing tons of pointless sketches.

I managed to improve my drawings because I grind anatomy books and make lots of studies, but it's been a long time since I last produced a complete picture.

I honestly don't know what to do.
>>
>>2755790
get stoned, but mmpodcast on. And mb find a project thats bigger and that you would want to finish?
>>
>>2762640
huh. You do that digital stuff dont you? maybe thats your problem? You can just undo it or something. Try ink, fail alot, and then you gonna think on every line before you draw it, belive me! they dont go away
>>
>>2762645
I've done digital but most of my sketches are in pencil and paper. When I work in digital, everything that I mentioned before happens the same, but with the aggravating lack of accuracy and coordination I feel when working with tablets.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.