[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No pressure

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: press.jpg (95KB, 1101x707px) Image search: [Google]
press.jpg
95KB, 1101x707px
I have no pen pressure in MangaStudio/Photoshop. However, if I open the Wacom panel to configure the tablet, pressure is detected correctly.

I have checked some workaround to get pen pressure in Mangastudio, but it did not change anything.

What's happening there? How are you supposed to debug this sort of shit on Windows 7? (it's an Intuos 3, but I doubt it changes anything)
>>
i used to eat sardines for dinner
>>
>>2755422
Go to your services from the task manager. Restart the "Wacom Consumer Service" thing with all your drawing programs closed. It should work, and if it doesn't, unplug and replug your tablet after restarting the service. Just mess with the services.
>>
>>2755425
you think? it's not a one time thing, this behaviour is consistent across reboots.
>>
>>2755422
>not manually controlling size, flow, and opacity
>>
>>2755428
Happens to me and my Bamboo every other day. Restarting the service usually works for me. Just make sure all your programs that use pressure are closed before you restart the service.
It's not fucking rebooting, it's restarting a specific service.
Task Manager>Services Tab>Opens New Window>Find "Wacom Consumer Service" and restart

it's not rocket science
>>
File: file.png (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>2755422
Left or right
>>
i get this shit every single day and i dont know how wacom still hasnt solved it. Its almost as pathetic as nvidia drivers
>>
>>2755501
Take a picture of your wacom plz, maybe I can help
>>
>>2755503

The thing that >>2755433 said works for me but its irritating to do that every day when i just want to draw
>>
File: file.png (423KB, 1597x891px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
423KB, 1597x891px
>>2755508
>>
>>2755433
>>2755425
I tried a few times, it doesn't change anything.
Anyway, if it's not a one time thing I don't see how restarting would change anything.

>>2755503
pic related

>>2755509
I turned this option on, didn't change anything.
PC was assembled from parts.

There's also a tablet PC service, can this thing interfere?
>>
File: IMG_2930.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2930.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>2755521
>>
>>2755521
>There's also a tablet PC service, can this thing interfere?

Which service are you using
>>
>>2755525
In manga studio I've seen you can choose between the two, but the result is the same; no pressure.
Again, the wacom panel shows pressure accurately, so I'm wondering what's happening.
Also, pressure works fine in Linux.
(I want to use maga studio for screen tones, that's why I'm bothering)
>>
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1500227
>>
>>2755422
Probably has something to do with how retarded windows tablet service is, try one of these solutions:
http://viziblr.com/news/2011/8/14/the-ultimate-guide-to-making-your-wacom-tablet-work-on-windo.html

Had same problem in win8.1
>>
>>2755423
Why did you stopped?
>>
>>2755563
Fix program didn't work, I also followed to check all parameters are good, but the dynamic rap sets itself again after reboot.

>>2755542
I use CS6, so I'm not sure it is relevant.

Anyway, thank you guys, it's definitely the issue of crappy Win7 tablet API. I'm not sure I'm going to fix it now though, I can't believe Windows is so shitty. I haven't even tried getting the Huion to work, it's a mess.
On Linux everything works out of the box.
>>
>>2755597
What the fuck did you actually used some shady "fix" program? Mate, ur supposed to fix this with your own hands, who knows what you might download.
>>
>>2755604
It doesn't look very shady, the source is on Github.
I don't care so much about the Win partition anyway, I'm not using it for anything and it can't access any of my data.
>>
Turn Windows Ink off in Wacom properties if its on and vice versa.
>>
>>2755612
Work on linux then, get krita
>>
>>2755615
Yeah, that what I do, but I wanted to use screen tones. Using the "screen tone brushes" on Krita lags too much on a big canvas.

But I think I'm going to do all the work in krita, then just convert the greys to screentone in manga studio, which wouldn't require pressure.
>>
>>2755620
Eh, the Krita screentones are pretty bad tho. In Manga Studio you have way more options and control.
>>
>>2755620
Well
I'm not really interested in screentones so never really tried to do it myself but I remember some linuxfags saying they could get manga studio working through wine
>>
>>2755691
Yeah, I'm gonna try. If it works, I guess I'm 4 times happier than if I got Windows to work properly.
>>
File: controlopt.png (48KB, 361x534px) Image search: [Google]
controlopt.png
48KB, 361x534px
>>2755422
Have you tried the other options under control?
>>
>>2756266
Yeah, it's definitely the issue mentioned in the links given by anon >>2755563
Not only there's no pressure, but there's also a very slight lag and lines are jaggy.
It's definitely the Windows API crap.

For some reason, even if I deactivate the dynamic feedback it reactivates itself after reboot. There's some shit going on.
But hey, linuxmasterrace FTW
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.