[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just downloaded Photoshop CS3 and I'm an absolute beginner.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: -wgeB7c6.png (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
-wgeB7c6.png
55KB, 400x400px
I just downloaded Photoshop CS3 and I'm an absolute beginner.
What guide or tutorial would you recommend?
Which one worked for you?
>>
>>2753271
Get CS6 or CC for starters. No joke, the early versions of PS are shit. I remember that's no option to create a new adjustments layer.
>>
Nigga get CS5 or CS6. If you're going to pirate anyway why get some old ass sh*t smdh tbqph
>>
>>2753271
Ctrl Paint is pretty good is you are an absolute beginner.
>>
>>2753283
In fact funny coincidence I'm downloading cs5 right now because Krita's a bit too hot for my shitty work laptop to handle. I actually own PS CS5 legally but Adobe doesn't want you to install it on multiple computers.

>you really should pay for software tho; people work hard to make it happen~
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
>>2753288
>you really should pay for software tho; people work hard to make it happen~
>>
>>2753288
Adobe is okay with people pirating their software when starting out. They know that if you ever go pro eventually you will be able to afford it, or will work for a company that pays for you. They also know that if people didn't pirate it then they wouldn't use it.
>>
>>2753300
This
>>
File: tricky mickey.jpg (103KB, 580x416px) Image search: [Google]
tricky mickey.jpg
103KB, 580x416px
>>2753300
>Adobe won't even let me install my legally purchased copy on more than one computer at a time
>they're okay with people just taking software they spend millions developing for free because one day they'll make money and they still won't buy it but perhaps they'll work for somebody who did land use their copy lol
>>
>>2753343
Letting students or amateurs pirate it actually has worked out as a business model for them surprisingly well. They are well aware it is the most pirated software in the world and they don't try to punish people for it really.

Ever since they switched to CC though with subscription it's pretty cheap so you don't really have an excuse to not pay for it.
>>
File: basketball man.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
basketball man.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>2753349
That's pretty much my thoughts behind their new pricing model, but I don't think they're not going after people out of magnanimity. It simply costs too much time and money to persecute individual pirates.
>>
>>2753271
Is photoshop even worth using?
What exactly does photoshop offer that alternatives like GIMP don't?
>>
>>2753349
>so you don't really have an excuse to not pay for it.
They are charging a fucking subscription for software, and they fully expect to be paid possibly hundreds of dollars if you keep using the software, that's reason enough to pirate it as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>2753718
>>GIMP
A user interface that doesn't completely suck balls like every other shitty GTK app on Linux.
>>
>>2753718
Better interface, processing power and memes
>>
>>2753349
If you want to cancel they pull the gun to your forehead and charge you a ~$50 cancellation fee. Fuck them.
>>
>>2753349
The subscription shit is my excuse NOT to pay for it.
>>
>>2754468
What was your excuse not to pay for it before?
>>
>>2754473
Got it from school for free.
>>
Use Lynda!
>>
>>2753343
I actually got a cease and desist from them back in the day. kek
>>
>>2753271
Poke around it by yourself. My first photoshop was cs5 and I didn't need any tutorials, the basic functions you'll need are easy to access and find.
>>
Hey how can I download PhotoShop?
>>
>>2753718
hey gimp user, can you use the circle tool and make a circle for me please?
>>
>>2753271
Riding on this thread, can anyone help me out with CS5? I'm trying to change the command that copies a layer and moves it (Cntrl+Alt+Click).

I don't see any "Click" commands in the shortcut menus though. Google isn't helping. Can anyone point out where it is?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.