[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All free time on art, getting fat.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

File: 1479922746775.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479922746775.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
Hi /ic/,

Been doing art for awhile now started to put on a lot of weight.

Its impossible to lose weight since I need to put every moment of free time into art to make it.

24 hours in day, 7 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work, 1 hour of travel,

24-7-8-1 = 8 hours free time that I need to spend on art during work day.

Do 16-18 hours on the weekend.

There is no way to improve if you do not put in time, but then I end up getting fatter.

The average art student is putting in 10 hours a day at art school. I cannot do that. I cannot exercise.
>>
>>2753195
Getting fat means you're lying and putting too much time into eating.
>>
>>2753195
You need to exercise for your health breh. Wake up like 20 minutes early and go for a 15 minute jog every morning. I'm not too good about exercising either but don't dismiss it, it's a necessity. On the issue of weight loss though, exercise doesn't really matter. It's all about diet. Make sure you know how many calories you need to consume per day and only eat that many, not an ounce more. Or if you want to lose weight than eat less. I've been sitting on my ass for the past 2 months but I'm down about 20 lbs just based off my diet. So you don't have to get fat just cause you don't exercise, just make sure you don't shove too much shit into your mouth and you'll be golden.
>>
>>2753195
just mind your calorie intake.
>>
>>2753196

I need the food for energy.

>>2753200

I'm pretty much at max in terms of sleep. I'm thinking of reducing my sleep to 6 hours a night to get in an extra 1 hour of art studying.
>>
>>2753195

>I will draw 8h/day on top of my work
>I will have absolutely no life
>this will surely make me git gut (fast)

This meme needs to die, I blame fucking hack Feng for this. OP, you need leisure time, exercise and socializing. It's much better if you'd give yourself 1-2h of exercise/day, some 1-2h for relaxation and unrelated stuff and only do 3-4h/day. Same for weekends, if you can do 8h, ok, but you need time for family, friends and even just some free time to kill.to get inspired - on a walk, in museum, in caffee, watching good movie/TV series, reading interesting book etc.

What you are doing will surely result in mental disorder of some kind and it won't make your art better, probably at best you will be doing competent student "studies" and no complete paintings/stories with nice ideas.

Not to mention - you work totally different after exercise, rested, happy, on full stomach but not fat etc.
>>
just eat less
>>
>>2753259
>P, you need leisure time, exercise and socializing. It's much better if you'd give yourself 1-2h of exercise/day, some 1-2h for relaxation and unrelated stuff and only do 3-4h/day. Same for weekends, if you can do 8h, ok, but you need time for family, friends and even just some free time to kill.to get inspired - on a walk, in museum, in caffee, watching good movie/TV series, reading interesting book etc.
>What you are doing will surely result in mental disorder of some kind and it won't make your art better, probably at best you will be doing competent student "studies" and no complete paintings/stories with nice ideas.
>Not to mention - you work totally different after exercise, rested, happy, on full stomach but not fat et
PREACH
>>
>>2753206
It's not about how much you eat, it's about what you eat. If you eat the right foods you shouldn't be starving or low energy. Also I think you're going too hard, you don't need to dedicate every waking moment of your life to art. Even if you don't burn out, it's not good for you. You should still have a couple of hours of free time per day, it's impossible to draw all day and just eat and sleep.
>>
Stop killing yourself OP. Your work is probably suffering from your sluggishness, "pound it out" attitude, and general anxiety (exemplified by you making this thread.) Don't get caught up in the numbers. Reel your art time back to 6 hours and use the extra 2 to get a little exercise and sit in the sun some times. Your work will be better in the end. Your 6 hours of work will be worth 12 hours of what you're doing now.

And don't tell me or yourself that you're working at maximum capacity through all this shit.
You liar.

Credentials: I did more than 10 hours a day at art school. My peers were, too. Plenty of people who excelled were taking time to balance their lives and it showed in their work. Took me a long time to learn this lesson.
>>
File: MuTG7py.jpg (44KB, 520x780px) Image search: [Google]
MuTG7py.jpg
44KB, 520x780px
>>2753195

Getting fat totally depends on diet, count your calories and you should be just fine.
>>
>>2753195
Go for a jog when you wake up. 30 mins at a good pace
>>
depends what you eat, one could eat a shitload of fast food but you end up still being hungry cause you just ate a bunch of empty calories, change one of your meals a day into something healthy and slowly acclimate more meals over the weeks
>>
FOKIN WORK OUT YOU FAT WASTE OF OXYGEN. BRAHHH BE A SICK CUNT NOT A SAD CUNT. FUCKING COME OVER HERE ILL TRAIN YOU
>>
File: 014_1476027240.png (927KB, 800x1134px) Image search: [Google]
014_1476027240.png
927KB, 800x1134px
>Locks himself in his room for 8 hours straight
>Spends no time actually looking at the world and people around
>Thinks he's ever gonna make it
This meme needs to die
Spend all the time on the technique you want, without observation and inspiration your work will be flaccid, boring crap and no one will ever bother to look at it for more than 5 seconds. C'mon people I'm a fucking beginner and even I know that, it's like art 101

And on the /fit/ note, as many people have pointed out already when it comes to body mass it's
1. diet
2. exercise
Even if you start light jogging routine it's not gonna help you if you stuff yourself with junk for the rest of the day. Look at them nips, they work like 80 hours a week and most of therm are still slim cuz of all rice and fish and shit. No excuses, just eat clean.
Your physical health is important anon- all your talent will go to waste if your fat ass gives you heart attack in your 30s. Be smart
>>
>>2753375
>Not being a hermit and dedicating all your time on studies
>Not taking advantage of an infinite amount of information at your fingertips
>Thinking you're ever going to make it

Not. Gonna. Make it.
>>
>>2753382
>he thinks pictures=real world observation
yeah, nah
>>
You're eating too much
>>2753206
Clearly not because you're gaining fat.
If you're gaining fat you aren't using all the energy you're consuming.

Fuck off
>>
>>2753195
Why do you even want to eat ?
When I get into the zone with something I'll just sit at my desk from noon till 7 until my body is dying to eat something and I can't focus.

You need to work on your concentration it sounds like.
>>
File: nick young confused.png (287KB, 592x512px) Image search: [Google]
nick young confused.png
287KB, 592x512px
I don't know how the fuck people can even afford to get fat. I probably save so much money by not being a lard ass hedonistic retard that spends $20-$30 on food every day it's not even funny.
>>
Even if you're inactive, if you're getting fat I bet you it's because you've got a shitty diet.

Also, take 30 minutes to an hour out of art and fucking exercise. Chances are that time spent exercising will be just as productive for your art as practicing art.

Healthy body healthy mind. A lot of people who focus on skillsets that don't explicitly require physical fitness neglect this, but your brain is part of your body.
>>
>>2753410

>I don't know how the fuck people can even afford to get fat.

In lots of places (my experience is limited to US, UK and Canada but it's probably the case elsewhere) unhealthy options are often cheaper.
>>
File: basketball man.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
basketball man.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>2753414
What you eat is much less important than how much of it.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

I think the real problem is a lot of people get ahead of themselves by drinking their calories, which comes quick and easy. There's like 160 calories in a single can of mountain dew, and there's a lot of people out there that will drink 4-5 of those motherfuckers or a similar beverage a day, apart from the other food they eat.

To be honest I'm probably the wrong guy to talk to about this though because I'm perfectly content with eating black beans straight out of a can, oatmeal or boiled spaghetti noodles a couple times a day and leaving it at that. I certainly enjoy eating at a restaurant once in a while but I more eat to perpetuate my autism than anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBb5THJ8jOQ
>>
ITT obese NEET makes excuses for being a blob
>>
>>2753195
Exercising actually good for artist, especially lifting weights. I got a steady hand and arm after lifting about 1/2 year.
>>
>all these people telling you to not work as hard
They're trying to make you fail. Remember this.
>>
>>2753259
This anon just gave the best advice your gonna get, forcing yourself to git gud with no time for anything else is just gonna burn you out.
>>
>>2753521
Burn out meme is the worse meme of them all. The Chinese don't worry about burn out. They work all day with no play. Look at how successful they are. Much more successful than you.
>>
>>2753195

Probably already been said but literally 100% of weight loss is diet. literally does not matter whether you move or not. If you want to be healthy, feel energise and have some muscle by all means exercise, it's VERY good for you and I recommend you do it. But if you want to cut your fat, just stop eating grains and sugars. It's a panacea. I've never met a single person who didn't completely transform their weight by doing it. Don't eat grains (rice, bread, quinoa, pasta etc.) or sugars (chocolate, sugar, honey, coconut sugar etc.) No cheat sugars or grains. Eat fresh fruit occasionally. It will literally take you 3 months to get down to a normal weight if you follow this diet. Unless you're morbidly obese. Also, eat as much as you like. Eat all the time if you like. Just make sure its meat, vegetables and potato. Good luck.
>>
>>2753259
>blame Feng for this
>every art school does it
???
>>
>>2753195
Eat less, holy fuck dude.

You should be exercising anyway, DVT is no joke.
>>
>>2753530

There's nearly 1.5 billion Chinese, that's more than whole USA + Europe (with Russia) and maybe equal if you add to this Brazil and some other medium-sized countries for South or Middle America.

And I know only about handful of chinese guys, probably most here know only about Ruan Jia.
>>
>>2753541

what's dvt
>>
>>2753600
Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Basically blood clot in your leg from lack of movement and you die.
>>
>>2753195
Good diet and 30 mins of exercise a day

that is literally all you need
>>
>>2753761
>install MyFitnessPal
>weight drops off like crazy

Losing weight nowadays is easy modo with calorie counting.

Gaining the muscle to fuck the bitches is a different story, but still.
>>
>>2753195
Spend less time eating and more time drawing.
Fix'd
>>
>>2753195
Espresso and salad
>>
>>2753195
- Drink nothing but water.
- Take a break every half hour or hour to walk around the house and do as many of 1 simple body weight exercise as you can each time. pushups/squats/situps. pick one. alternate. It will give you a boost of energy. Sitting at the computer/desk for hours on end makes you lethargic. If you can switch to working at an easel standing up sometimes that would be good too. I do a lot of my routine figure studies on large newsprint with charcoal pencil so I can get some standing time in.
- Stay in the produce section of the grocery store for the most part. Veggies, fruit, berries, nuts. Mushrooms. I like to throw in 1 can of sardines a week with skin and bones. Nice injection of vit B, vit D, calcium, and of course protein. The bones are totally soft and not noticeable. Throw some hot sauce on em and they're not too bad and I fucking hate seafood. Not as at risk for mercury and shit as tuna either. Don't need to spend any time cooking them. Pretty much artist's best friend.
- Seriously, sacrificing an hour for a walk is worth it. Bring a small sketchbook and pause to sketch some buildings or something every now and then if you must to convince yourself it isn't a waste of time. But just walking and thinking about shit seems to be recharging.
>>
File: 1463572251385.jpg (2MB, 3885x2640px) Image search: [Google]
1463572251385.jpg
2MB, 3885x2640px
PROTIP: You will feel far more energized if you exercise. As in, you will get more done in each day because the blood is flowing through your veins like the force of a thousand gods.

Start out light. Do 40 second wall sits when taking breaks or when stuck on something you're working on. That requires nothing except yourself and a wall. Eventually when you get use to them, increase that to 1 minute.

Go for short walks. Even just once a day, around the block is fine. Preferably after you wake up is a good time.

Finally, push ups. 30 to begin. Don't have to start doing them straight away but if you do push ups every day you will feel far better when working on art.

If you have an art block and can't think, don't walk to the fridge or the pantry...walk to the sink and splash your face with cold water. Maybe slap it a few times. Done, you're now awake and thinking again.

This is what you shall start out with. Also pre-prepare your food for the day if you're fat. I mean it. Don't make up excuses, and stop being a fatty. Every last pinch of food. If you snack frequently, replace it with fruit and almonds. If you are thirsty, only drink iced water. The body is very efficient at converting even the smallest of foods into energy, so resist the gluttony to eat big meals and snack light instead.

Also don't spend so much time each day working, the brain needs cool-down periods.

EXERCISE. DO IT. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE. I BELIEVE IN YOU. BE THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF THAT YOU COULD POSSIBLY DREAM OF. MAKE YOUR ART GREAT AGAIN.
>>
>>2753531
>literally 100% of weight loss is diet
50% diet 50% exercise
What matters is that you burn more calories than you consume
>>
>>2753842
>>2753853

Someone should really make a google docs for the sticky regarding health. Add some ergonomics and stretches/exercises there too.
>>
>>2753868
Exercise is something that successful people already do and don't need to know if they're doing art which is only for successful people.
>>
>>2753857
Muscle gain is 50/50. You can be a sedentary couch potato and still lose weight with good ol thermodynamics.
>>
>>2753448
This.
>>
Fuck people who make the excuse of not having any time to do x. Just kill yourself, all of you. You simply don't want to make the time and that's fucking it. There is nothing more to it.
>>
>>2753259
Don't blame just feng but every aet school and also other artists like robertson , peter han and also rapoza who said that he was forcing himself to study for 10 hours every day. It's not a meme ya twat
>>
>>2753195
You are ruining your possible progress with your routine.
You're hastening the deterioration of your eyes, brain and muscles by not exercising and allowing yourself to be fat.
You're wasting half your "studying" time by not sectioning it into smaller individual sessions with exercise/leisure breaks, letting fatigue diminish your learning and judgment capabilities.
Not to mention whatever you draw will be worth nothing to anyone because if you don't have an imput of social acumen, culture and emotion, you cannot have a creative output.
>>
>>2753857
Sleep burns more calories than most non-/fit/ level exercise routines you can do at home.
>>
File: 1472024401292.png (140KB, 299x286px) Image search: [Google]
1472024401292.png
140KB, 299x286px
I actually started seriously started lifting 2 years ago becouse i wanted to get ripped anough to use myslef as reference to study anatomy. I started from skeleton mode and gained like 12kg of muscle in 2 years and felling so much better about my health and it has really cleared my head and not felling so stressed anymore.
The problem now is that i barely have anytime left for drawing. I work 8h then i use up 2h to drive to the gym, workout and then drive back home. Then i use 1,5h to cook me a healthy meal and eat it, then anotherhalf an hour to clean the kitchen. After that i usualy have left 4 hours in the day, buit i usully waste them to talk to people on fb, or shitpost here and on
/fit. I lose alot of motivation to draw during the week, just becouse i get to tired and want to just unwind and get ready to work next day...
Atleast i get weekend to draw more and i found out that drawing muscles become some much easier since you learn how to train in the gym and you get the feel of how they are supposed to work and look like, so theres that.

Now i dont know how to squeze in more drawing time without compromizing anything else..

As for OP question; Literally eat less... its about 80% diet 20% excercise. Avoid sugary drinks, dons sweeten your tea or coffe and avoid shit like chips and icecream. Take 1 cheat meal a week to treat yourself but dont fucking break your diet thru the week. Check out Athlene-x on yt and you will get workout routines without equipment to get started.
>>
>>2753868
For the diet side of things there is a website called self nutrition data that is fun to use if you want to get a little autistic about it. You can look up the nutrition of most foods. You can also combine foods in whatever quantity and save them as a recipe or meal and have the site analyze its nutritional makeup.

The UK was promoting "5 a day" for a while. 2 cups of fruit and 3 cups of veggies a day minimum. The US recommends around 50g of protein per day for the average male. So a basic target can be as simple as "5 a day, with 50g".

I took that and made it 2-3 DIFFERENT raw fruits per day, 3-4 cups of VARIOUS veggies, and make sure to get 50-60g protein from varied sources. And I limit eating out and processed foods as much as possible and drink lots of water. And I use that website to craft meals and see what I might want to get more or less of.

I'm just trying to eat healthier though. Not lose weight. Though I would not be surprised if this sort of guide resulted in weight loss for overweight people. I'd like to gain weight actually, but with my metabolism it is a huge pain in the ass. I'd probably have to add another 1000 calories with another 50g of protein every day and lift regularly.
>>
File: george-costanza-jacket-1.jpg (43KB, 600x331px) Image search: [Google]
george-costanza-jacket-1.jpg
43KB, 600x331px
>used to be 135kg (300lb)
>am now 109kg (240lb)

How to lose weight:
>walk/ ride a bike every monday, wednesday, friday
>get a calorie counter on my phone
>drink plenty of water

legit, weight loss is all about energy in being less than your energy out. Nothing complex about it. Stop being a fat cunt you pussy fat bitch.
>>
For me has the opposite effect. When I get into a flow state I forget to eat and drink. I'm 63kg, trying hard to gain some weight and muscle but it's a very slow progress.
>>
>>2754023
I've fucking lost 20kg on a diet of beer and icecream due to the phone calorie counter, that shit is too good.
>>
>>2753967
quit your job and move in with the parents kek
>>
File: 1445414536797.jpg (6KB, 289x257px) Image search: [Google]
1445414536797.jpg
6KB, 289x257px
>>2753967

>12kg of muscle in 2 years

in your fucking dreams nigga
>>
Just treat food like medicine. You eat it, not for fun or out of habit, but to stay healthy and energetic, meaning you don't overdose on your food even though it's fucking delicious. Instead of eating one big meal a day, do a couple smaller ones spread out the day.

You shouldn't be feeling full 24/7.
>>
File: 1475583365381.jpg (207KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475583365381.jpg
207KB, 692x960px
>>2754037
I was auschwitz mode when i started out, and at the start i read alot of fitness books and how to preform exercises correctly with proper form and everything and started eating much much more than i was used to prior. Took me awhile to test out what works best for me, but i managed to get a hang of it veary soon and also i never skiped leg day, which in itself you gain alot of mass around legs and that counts alot to you overall weight. Im actually 16kg heavier since i started but some of it is fat and im still low enough to see abs when i flex them (still in my winter bulk). Its all in the discapline bro ;)

>>2754035
that was my plan after school, but somehow i managed a good paying job doing graphic design, which is somewhat art realted so i keep working. Plus my parents were proud when i moved out and i belive they would lose respect for me if i droped my job moved in with them and become a neet.

for now i will try to avoid some art gain goblings friends who want to drink during the weekend, but its hard to get back at that anti social cocoon mode that i had when i started practicing drawing
>>
>>2753206
you're eating too much

you don't need "energy", the truth is you feel bad and food cover those bad feels
>>
>>2753375
>this picture

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING NORMIES
>>
File: Kek_Brah.png (51KB, 436x440px) Image search: [Google]
Kek_Brah.png
51KB, 436x440px
>>2753195
>he's not /fit/ic/
>>
File: 1419058788738.jpg (164KB, 690x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1419058788738.jpg
164KB, 690x1127px
>>2753414
>unhealthy options are often cheaper.

This meme needs to die.

I work part time at a groceries (US). 10 lbs of potatoes costs $1.16.

A large bag of chips costs around $3.15

Rice, beans, fruits and veggies are cheap. The only thing that would be more expensive is meat (which you're not supposed to much of).

Only lazy people spend a lot on food. How about you make your own meals once in a while?
>>
>>2754480
>not supposed to eat much of*
>>
>>2753195
Literally sleep more and eat less.

Your body stores excess energy as fat. That means that you don't need all that food. You're tired because you don't get enough sleep and probably eat terrible food. Put good in, get good out. It's a simple as that.

Your body wont be a 6'11 greek god, but at least you wont be fat.
>>
>>2753382
>does those things
>also observes from life
>gonna make it
>>
>>2753196
This, I draw all day and don't get fat.
It's shocking when I see people's daily "diet" and it's the most unhealthy thing I've ever seen
>>
>>2753195
Start smoking.
>>
>>2753202
>>2753292
Minding your calories doesn't work.
Sugar have a lot less calories than fat (per gram), but because calories from sugar are much easier to digest, dropping sugar out is a more effective dieting strategy than dropping out fats.

>>2753195
Stop eating foods that have sugar in it.
And ignore posts suggesting jogging - without very good shoes it will make you more harm than good.
>>
>>2753195
Ketosis
>>
>>2754171
You faggots trigger me. You dont need to go full autismo mode and stop speaking with everyone. Just fucking go out and dont drink alcohol you retarded neckbeard. If you dont have enough willpower for that you should just kill yourself now and stop wastin my oxygen
>>
>>2754023
109kg.
Calling anyone else fat.
ahahaha, you fat nigger get overyourself and start really cutting.

Dropping weight from 135kgs is so fucking easy you shouldnt even mention it.
>>
File: 1479493881688.jpg (29KB, 599x453px) Image search: [Google]
1479493881688.jpg
29KB, 599x453px
>>2753195
back to /r/eddit with your poems motherfucker
>>
>>2753259
Never gonna make it.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.