[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone wishing for other people to fail? Since we got a stiff

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: .png (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
.png
61KB, 500x375px
Anyone wishing for other people to fail? Since we got a stiff competition and shit, why would we wish others luck? I want you all to fail so I can succeed
>>
wishing ill of others is an energy that could be used to improve
>>
pretty sure you don't even draw, op
>>
>>2752791
i do, although im trash so it probably doesnt count anyway
>>
>>2752795
You're right. It doesn't.
>>
File: G0KDj_f-thumbnail-100-0.jpg (34KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
G0KDj_f-thumbnail-100-0.jpg
34KB, 200x197px
>>2752800
I will get better
>>
>>2752759
There is no stiff competition. The real challenge is not quitting and not plateuing. Only the mediocre have to fight for jobs.
>>
>>2752803
no, you won't
>>
>>2752803
I wish you to fail!!!! so I could succeed!!!
>>
>>2752811
>not plateauing
Plateau lyfe reporting in.
>>
>>2752827
How long have you been on your plateau?
>>
>>2752828
Like a couple of years.

I just need to paint several billion pictures from life or something.
>>
File: pepehd.jpg (58KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
pepehd.jpg
58KB, 500x485px
>>2752820
>>2752822
dont be mean
>>
File: 1456727376950.jpg (19KB, 256x211px) Image search: [Google]
1456727376950.jpg
19KB, 256x211px
>>2752759

Nope, I am absolutely the contrary. I want everyone who truly wishes to learn, to improve. If I ever learn something useful, and I think it could benefit someone else, I'll try to help.

I've been on your shoes before, though. For me, the feelings you express came from feeling inadequate, incompetent, like a failure. That kind of self talk won't get you anywhere, it will only make you develop a bad mood every time you draw and you'll start correlating drawing with feeling bad, then is when the pain avoidance begins and you'll end up procrastinating a lot.

Just enjoy the journey, and let others enjoy it too.
>>
>>2752759
Never gonna make it with that mentality.
>>
>>2752759
t. Kevin Chang
>>
That's how most of /ic/ feels deep down tbqh, they all love you when you're shit, but when you start to git gud or become popular the crab mentality takes over.
>>
>>2752759
did you ever notice that many of the supersuccessful digital artists are extremly helpful?

uploading tutorials, doing streams, steps etc

i completely understand you OP because i partly sit in the same boat. i also think the more people draw industry standard the more competition.

but i also believe that this lightness those people have with helping others is what made them so good. they have this much positive non agressive energy which is the same fuel that let them progress.

on the other hand your negativity is propbably the same kind of energy that beats yourself down when you notice your paintings dont progress.

i noticed this very much after years stalking artist blogs and facebooks.
>>
>>2752991
Only a vocal minority. Most good artists who post or used to post on /ic/ always get flooded by "pls teach me senpai" and "blog?" responses.
>>
>>2752759

Life doesn't follow your arbitrary, binary ideas of failure or success, nor is it a zero-sum game

It must be a pretty sad existence thinking like that
>>
Every day I come onto art communities like ic I am disheartened that there are not more excellent artists to inspire me, or hardworking people pushing themselves to their limits instead of whining about bullshit. I come here for honest critique, but if there's anything other than acidic garbage in reply, I can still only guess if the critique is honest and by someone who knows what they're talking about, or some pathetic armchair critic who has an agenda like OP.

You all hate the hug boxes but this place leaves you to work in an intellectual vacuum in the same way.
>>
File: 1476225823678.gif (924KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1476225823678.gif
924KB, 500x281px
I cannot muster the energy to wish anything on another artist. I have been actively trying to get rid of my own negative/bitter emotions and don't feel as weighed down like before. Depression is still there but it's not CRAWWWLING angst anymore, feels hopeful man.
>>
File: perfect manga.jpg (46KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
perfect manga.jpg
46KB, 500x706px
>>2752997
>did you ever notice that many of the supersuccessful digital artists are extremly helpful?
Because they know it will boost their popularity
Some of these tutorials are outright harmful T B H
>>
>>2753043
show me a harmful tutorial from a industry level guy then.
>>
>>2753069
Sakimichan tuts are to be avoided.
>>
>>2753014
Naw way, this place points you to websites, tutorials, concepts, books, shitposting, etc...
>>
>>2753077
Nothing she says is "harmful". She's just not that great at drawing and at explaining the concepts she is talking about, but it's fairly basic, common sense stuff. Construction, anatomy, gesture etc. If anything, she's introducing these concepts to a bunch of deviantart kids who'd otherwise never have bothered with any of that.
>>
And that's why you'll fail, because you're insecure enough to need someone else to fail so you can succeed when you should be succeeding purely out of your hard work and skill.
>>
>>
File: 1478788117603.jpg (46KB, 650x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478788117603.jpg
46KB, 650x360px
>>2753016

Dude, if this is such a big deal then you take ADHD medication to increase productiveness. Stop wasting your life away with depression, because being in the same place you're now with your drawing skills two years in the future is going to do you more harm than whatever side effects the medication might have.
>>
>>2754066
succeeding on your own is not enough. You can be really, really good and still be poor
>>
>>2752759
Nope. As soon as i make it i'm coming back here and being the zyzz of /ic/. Need to get rid of the negativity around here.
>>
>>2754266
only the lowest common filth can be inspirational

what is the word of someone who studied at watts or any other place? you have to go from absolute shit to godhood in order to tell people everything is possible
>>
>>2754269
i don't understand what you mean
>>
>>2754275
what i meant is people who were rich or just lucky shouldnt speak about their journey like it truly matters.

Only those who went from nothing, null, zero to being good are worth any attention. Because you know they really had to work and they really matter.
>>
>>2754285
Literally who is like that... you don't make good art unless there's a struggle...

Rich and poor both can hate their existence and the "naturally talented" are the ones who devote their lives to something.
>>
>>2752991
Yep! That's why a lot of people who become professional artists end up leaving /ic/. Tall poppy syndrome.
>>
>>2754329
you dont have to be necessarily poor to fit into that, its just you have to be self taught and without any external help. Sure people can give you some critique or help you with getting some knowledge like sticky but in the end you have to set up everything for yourself.

Compare that to someone who was getting constant help from teachers, had a daily routine set up, got art buddies and was in a friendly environment.

Those are different worlds, sure the second guy can be an inspiration for you but to me he is not. I can only look up to people who have to struggle like myself, so I can relate to them.
>>
File: 1444799444665.png (359KB, 378x526px) Image search: [Google]
1444799444665.png
359KB, 378x526px
I don't think I can date another artist, guys.

I'm way too fiercely competitive and will always compare my work to theirs. If my art is worse than theirs, i feel like shit.If my art is better than theirs, it feeds my ego.

That's probably why I don't have much art friends irl.

I'm so fucked up, man.
>>
>>2754334
welp i quit my well paying job to NEET and git gud so i can be the zyzz you need...in a couple years
>>
>>2754339
but its a good thing. Ego is important, ambition is everything
>>
To be jealous of other men is not only one of the most rotten character traits to have but it will also hold you significantly back in life.
>>
>>2754351
jealousy can make you better than them though. Sometimes its through hard work, sometimes its through killing them. In the end its all the same.
>>
>>2754357
Walter pls
>>
>>2754357
To think about such things like being better than someone else already makes you an inferior man. There is no way someone ever reached mastery being fueled by such shallow feelings.
>>
>>2754373
you are right, its really easier to just kill other people and be done with it
>>
>>2754167
You're right, I will want to kill myself and will have too many responsibilities to do it and end up developing alcoholism just like so many of my family members before me. I'm "okay" right now at 24 but if I'm still an income-less neet at 26 with the same skills I have now I will never forgive myself.

I'll try to do that as soon as possible, kind of need help with my head and can't do it by myself. Thanks my dude.
>>
>>2755520

I know where you are, and I know from experience. Good luck buddy, I sincerely hope this works for you.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.