[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

I made some Abstract paintings to distract myself from my dull life.
>>
>>
File: zak_smith_spectrum.jpg (238KB, 730x845px) Image search: [Google]
zak_smith_spectrum.jpg
238KB, 730x845px
>>2750969
>>2750967

I like them! Look similar to some of my fav. abstract paintings.
>>
Just looked him up. Neber heard of him, but i really liked what he has done!
>>
Good shit, duderino.
>>
>>2750967
okay
>>
they look like something a stoner would make. do you smoke weed op?
>>
I actually really like these.
>>
>>2750970
>>2751110
>>2751119
is this a joke?
>>
Nice glorified colour studies. Actually nice.

I can't condone a new thread for this though.
>>
>>2751115
Yes i do, but why do you ask?
I Make other stuff too
>>
>>
>>2751992
>>
>>2751992
>>2751993

cool, have you sold some of your stuff? What amount?
>>
>>2751998
Yeah is Sold some.
This triptychon for 200€ was my best sell so far.
>>
>>2751128

Go back to the sea, crab person.
>>
>>2752002
you charge way too little. Try to get some connections and sell them for like 5k.

People think, when they pay more, what they get is better. So when they want nice art, they wont spend little money, because they expect, then they will get shitty art.
>>
>>2751991
Ahaaa i knew it. I have a great eye for identifying dude weed art. Its always really unaesthetic with an overuse of colors because weed destroys the critical part of your mind.
>>
>>2752023
I figured out that i cant paint when i am stoned, it gets all fuzzy and shit.
>>
>>2752014
My work is not that good, that would be a realy crappy move to charge more than that.
>>
>>2752032
ofc not, but it might actually sell, is the thing lmao
>>
>>2752014
You've never sold work have you? It's not as simple as jacking up the price and making people think it's more important. You have to get a feel for the local market, and if you want people to think the work is more valuable then you need to sell out of reputable galleries, which take a 50% cut. The painting ITT aren't going to sell for five grand unless some big shot museum or art critic hails them as the next big thing, they just don't have the scale/time invested/skill to warrant it without hype.
>>
Try getting some stuff in a local gallery.
My girl and I, have a couple pieces in a gallery/coffeeshop in Greensboro NC, called Urban Grinders.
Besides our stuff though.. Man I think you got skills and talent bro! Try to get it out there and hosted in a gallery! Your stuff is A1 bro! I myself would buy some of your art if I wasn't currently broke.
>>
>>2752737
Thank you for your encouragement! I will work my way to that point in the future.
Bro ;)
>>
>>2752023
Just because weed affects you in using emotions more than logic, it still doesnnt mean it "destroys the critical part of your mind".

Just be critical toward your own statement for a second and see
>>
personally when weed hits me up, I feel way more concentrated and I feel my hand way better, but the art looks as same as i'd do sober, though sometimes it looks more natural.
>>
>>2753304
>>2753318
My point was when you smoke weed regularly it affects your mind even when you're not high, it changes your personality.
weed guy = "dude lets put a cool swirl here, oh yeah this looks sick haha let's add more swirls"
non weed guy = "should i add a swirl here? nah it would look like tacky highschool art"
I've observed this in my friends at art school who started smoking weed, their taste went to shit.
>>
>>2753326
you're retarded. fuck off and preach to middle schoolers about D.A.R.E. I smoke everyday and I don't make faggy stoner art.
>>
>>2753438
post art
>>
>>2753446
I have no problem posting my art, but I'll need you to post yours first so we can establish a standard for what good sober art from a non-addled brain should look like.
>>
>>2753438
Anon is still right. Weed is the devil hisself and with that comes not only a broader perspective, but also an identifiable handicap that is difficult to overcome. It frees you from external criticism but also removes you from the internal critique that makes you perform better. The ideal is tapping into the mindset of weed without the interference.
>>
>>2753457
>It frees you from external criticism but also removes you from the internal critique that makes you perform better
it does neither of these things for me, least of all when I'm not even high. maybe when I was 14 and had only smoked twice it would rock my world like you describe, but for an everyday smoker weed just isn't that fucking earth-shattering.
>>
>>2753461
>everyday smoker
Not everyone has the same experience. You may be lucky or deluded, I can't say which. Most of the people I interviewed as part of a longitudinal study I've been working on for the past 4 years report that cannabis effects them negatively in the way I described. You're like 30% percent of the population and I envy you in many ways, but weed on the regular kills performance for the majority of people. It helps them when done occasionally but fucks them when done on the regular. Tests I've done on artists (that are entirely anecdotal and not part of the study) suggest that weed is more likely to lead to shit that looks like furry art or bad abstract art than what they would otherwise produce.
>>
>>2753466
I'll have to discard your anecdotes and wait for peer-review on the actual study. The idea that regular marijuana use kills performance doesn't fit with my own experience or the experience of the other artists that I know personally, but it isn't far-fetched. The "weed makes you draw furries" theory is a bit silly though.
>>
>>2753471
The anecdotes are arguably the best part. The rest is just self-reported garbage with a correlate I'm ashamed of. Not causative enough for the interpretive reports. The dudeweed art is a bad version of what they normally produce. It's better than the majority of art student shit, but all they're doing is pushing hue and value and coming up with top notch furshit level art (not all that impressive imo) or a poor imitation of kadinsky or some such and the occasional users aren't even happy with it.

From an aesthetic standpoint, I can say that weed is better than nothing and back it up with statistics if I had to, but constant use silences the "demons" to the point that the critical eye is lost. Knowledge and occasional mindful use of psychedelics seems more valuable.

What preliminary and further research and ethnography have shown is that weed effects certain people adversely regardless of tolerance and that other individuals are immune. Among artists interviewed the split was more in the negative, though almost all reported positive experiences from it.
>>
>>2753497
>From an aesthetic standpoint, I can say that weed is better than nothing and back it up with statistics if I had to
I disagree really, I smoke weed erryday but I don't think of it as any sort of performance enhancer. It makes grinding the finer parts of a painting less tedious but it's not unlocking unknown worlds of creative freedom, and I certainly don't think it is access anything that a focused sober mind couldn't tap into.

>constant use silences the "demons" to the point that the critical eye is lost.
Again, I disagree. Maybe I'm part of this 30% immune demographic you refer to, but all of my critical functions are intact while high. I know the mindset you're referring to though. I still have a sketchbook from high school full of the most bizarre shit. they were made free of judgement, so they are very creative, but they are also often shitty, even though I thought they were the fucking shit when I was blitzed and scribbling away. But this is when I was a teenager, an occasional smoker who would get leveled by a joint of schwag. as an adult who smokes dank daily, I do not experience those extreme alterations of consciousness.

>Knowledge and occasional mindful use of psychedelics seems more valuable.
Well, yeah, obviously knowledge is key. Personally I haven't had productive painting experiences with LSD, but I could see it helping to create some really fresh work under the right circumstances.
>>
>>2752002
Yeah float frames and 800 per piece at least
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.