[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have any self made courses for yourself? What books worked

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: bird-shit-in-hair.jpg (14KB, 342x358px) Image search: [Google]
bird-shit-in-hair.jpg
14KB, 342x358px
Do you have any self made courses for yourself? What books worked the best for you? If you could go back in time and start at the beginning, how would you go this time?
>>
File: 1475148883501.png (2MB, 720x2127px) Image search: [Google]
1475148883501.png
2MB, 720x2127px
>>
>>2751216
anyone can confirm that?
>>
>>2752179
i can
>>
>>2752218
post your work
>>
>>2752260
i cant
>>
Best advice: observe.
Don't just look at something but try to undestand how that thing works, no matter it's a pair of shoes or a painting/ drawing/ whatever.
For example if you have trouble with proportions try to anayze people's proportions when going outside. Do it conciously. Look at that guy walking and /see/ the lines his body is making, the angles, how his shirt fits his body, how the light affects the fabric, etc. Do it with everything, buildings, trees, animals, then draw them. This is why it's better to go outside and sketch, because everything is moving, changing, and it challanges you to see the essence of things. You don't have to do it but you'll improve faster this way.
Also, draw anywhere, anytime you can. Exercise is the key. I don't trust this "draw 2/3/4/5 hours a day'' shit because you're not a robot and sometimes you don't have the time or the energy to do it and forcing yourself is not gonna do any good. Instead carry a sketchbook with you anywhere you go. Draw the tables in the restaurant while waiting for someone, your colleague while you have a break from work, the plants in the waiting room while you're at the dentist's office.
>>
>>2752286
>I don't trust this "draw 2/3/4/5 hours a day'' shit because you're not a robot and sometimes you don't have the time or the energy to do it and forcing yourself is not gonna do any good.
not gonna make it
>>
>>2751216
Fuck, scott's books are awesome, but the exercises are so fucking boring. Everything is so fucking slow and you just see no point to it.
>>
>>2752321
Yeah dude I'd better force myself and throw up because of the stress and then sell the vomit saying that it's abstract expressionism and make millions.
>>
>>2752331
The point is if you want to be good you have to force yourself to do labor. What you have explained is good for hobbyists, who dont have to "make it". They dont have to be good in order to get work etc. etc. You have to force yourself or you won't be good enough when it matters.
>>
File: IMG_20160817_0031-page-001.jpg (728KB, 2075x1559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160817_0031-page-001.jpg
728KB, 2075x1559px
>>2752334
I know what you're saying and you're right, but what I've written earlier applies to those who want to make it too. I studied architecture in high school and now decorative arts at uni. I know how it is to force yourself to work even if you don't feel like doing it. Maybe it's wrong to assume that my experience is the rule but I felt like shit when I had to do something and I simply couldn't. I learned it's better to be flexible. Becoming frustrated and punishing yourself isn't going to make you better although this is what most people think. At least this is what I'd tell myself if I had met the 14 yo me.
>>
>>2750041
>>2750773
I use this
>>
>>2752346

How's that working?

I'm kind of lost on Scott Robertson a bit (information doesn't easily stick into my head), but I'm starting with Perspective courses by Erik Olson that's easing me into it.
>>
File: art_fear.gif (35KB, 413x600px) Image search: [Google]
art_fear.gif
35KB, 413x600px
>>2750041
Something i can recommend to read at the beginning: Art & Fear: Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking
It is a rather realistic view of what art making actually is about. It will tell you about the obstacales that you are going to face, basically that stuff you dont even know is there and you would like to have known afterwards.
>>
File: 1991-11-27.jpg (101KB, 900x270px) Image search: [Google]
1991-11-27.jpg
101KB, 900x270px
>>2752407
>the fear that your fate is in your hands, but your hands are weak

That feel. I'm not gonna make it.
>>
>>2752407
anyone got link?
>>
>>2752747
http://golibgen.io/view.php?id=876482
>>
>>2752747
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=790AFE54E60CB7E7E3E771426397CA55 here's one
>>
>>2750041
yes
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.