[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which do you prefer for artists ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: sdfgsdfg.png (6KB, 399x198px) Image search: [Google]
sdfgsdfg.png
6KB, 399x198px
Which do you prefer for artists ?
>>
>>2749882
Hellsite vs Cringe Community
DramaQueens vs Shit Art Taste People

Your tell me, bro.
>>
>>2749882
Artstation
>>
>>2749913
>Tumblr
Post your art, not your opinions
>Deviantart
Don't post cringe. If you do, make sure it's popular.
>>2749882
Tumblr is shit for navigating, I never understood why it became so popular to post art on that website. Deviantart was made for posting art, and is a better site for it. Unfortunately if I had to pick one I'd go with tumblr just because it's easier to have your work noticed by others because of its tag system.
At the end of the day, you should post on both.
>>
>>2749882
you forgot Twitter OP
>>
>>2749946
I wouldn'y recommend it, it's barely used by artist.
>>
Well, I really like 4chan as my personal blogspace
But sometimes you just have to go a little bit out of yourself and go on an advertisment trip to omegle to reach out to people.
>>
>>2749946
Twitter is only for following retarded Asians artists that thought posting all their stuffs on this shit site with not a single visibility between thousand of their food pics was a good idea.
>>
>>2749915
Im not good enough to post there yet. It would be a waste of time.
>>
>>2749946
Twitter is only used by dumbfuck asians who refuse to post their art any where else despite twitter is horrible for this purpose
>>
>>2749973
I tought the thread was about the best site to follow artists.
>>
>>2749882
Both communities are cancerous in different but equally disgusting ways. But dA is an actual art site, you can host high quality, high-resolution art there forever and not worry about yahoo going down or getting banned and deleted because you misgendered someone's immaginary friends.
>>
>>2749960
>>2749975
>EOP edgylords are mad
They use it as blogs.
>>
>>2749882
Tumblr is absolutely terrible as a site.

Deviantart is absolutely terrible as a community (Tumblr isn't too hot on that front either).

6 of one, half dozen of the other.
>>
>>2749882
Post your art everywhere that way no one cant steal it.

Didnt anyone teach you this OP
>>
>>2749923
>>Tumblr
>Post your art, not your opinions
>>Deviantart
>Don't post cringe. If you do, make sure it's popular.

Well said
>>
>>2749882
No one's opinion is changing my own, DEVIANTART, no more hipster tumblr bullshit,fuck that site it's for fucking little shits who have no backbone for criticism. There is no original art on there it's all plagiarized.
>>
>>2749882
>Not having your own website.

Lol pleb.

All "art" sites exist solely for directing people to your own website and Patreon.
>>
My experience using both is that tumblr is significantly better for getting exposure.

I'm far from a top tier artist. I'm basically a mediocre intermediate, but in my experience having used both, I'll sum up my experience.

On tumblr I have 641 followers, on deviantart I have 93 watchers. I opened my DA before I started a tumblr, and while I'm admittedly more active on my tumblr I post all my good stuff to DA too. So in terms of getting a following tumblr seems better.

DA seems higher maintenance, you need to submit to groups when you post your work which is a pain in the ass, though I think DA art has a slower burn. Basically, art I posted a few months ago on DA still gets a gradual trickle of people looking at it whereas in my experience your art on tumblr spikes and then basically sits still (though now and then an old piece of art seems to spike again),

Still, all things considered I find tumblr better. The SJW meme is easily avoided, you'll encounter a few but probably less than you'll encounter autists on DA. I think DA is better organized for critique and discussion on a technical level, but the shitty community basically negates these advantages.
>>
You have to use the sites as best as you can

they all have a few things to offer

Tumblr for a lot to sift through and followers, deviantart for gallery and building/organizing work, twitter for following artists for info

Block bad individuals on sight, you can recognize them with time
>>
For the artist, deviantart. For the viewer, tumblr.
>>
>>2749952
Advertising on omegle?
>>
How do i get noticed on tumblr senpai, it's been the hardest to break through for me
>>
File: image.png (877KB, 1080x990px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
877KB, 1080x990px
>>2750595
(Not recommended)Create fanart of any trending cartoon. If you're lucky, an account based around reblogging fanart for/from their fanbase will post it and a lot of people will swarm to your blog like flies. Problem is, if you draw anything not related to the fanbase, your number of followers is going to dwindle slowly.

If you want to get noticed by only creating original content, try posting your blog in promotion threads or join art-related Discord groups, most of them have a promotion channel you can use to link back to your blog. You're bound to get attention faster this way compared to the "artists on tumblr" thing.

(Not recommended)You could also try sketching out requests in Drawthreads. Once someone asks for your name, link them to your account. Assuming you stay awhile and present a couple of deliveries, someone, possibly a new fan, will link back to your account for you when anybody asks for a source in newer threads or boorus. Sometimes people will repost your art outside of Drawthreads and boorus and will still help link people to your blog whenever someone asks for the source. I'll admit, randomly spotting your art posted around in different boards and websites with your blog properly sourced is pretty cool I guess.

tl;dr:
Draw and suffer.

OT:
Active/loyal followers>Large amount of followers
>>
How about facebook ?
>>
Why not just use both? Doesn't take much time to post on tumblr, dA takes longer if you're doing the group thing.
>>
File: HillDawgSmile.jpg (121KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
HillDawgSmile.jpg
121KB, 500x566px
>>2750643
>>
File: DeathSmile.jpg (69KB, 711x498px) Image search: [Google]
DeathSmile.jpg
69KB, 711x498px
>>2750643
:|
>>
If you're not popular on deviantArt by now, it's probably not going to happen. However, it's a lot easier to get exposure on tumblr. I personally prefer tumblr just because there's a lot of stuff about deviantArt the company that I don't like. On tumblr, I mainly have an issue with the community, but you can pick and choose who you follow, so at the end of the day, the amount of cringe on your dashboard is all up to you.

I prefer Instagram over both of these platforms, though.
>>
>>2749882
Both are some of the most cancerous websites of all time. DA, is my most hated website of all time, mostly for how much of a cesspool of retarded "snowflake' autists. Fucking hate that site.
>>
File: Untitled.png (284KB, 1017x201px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
284KB, 1017x201px
>>2749882
>deviantart

LOL XD I'M SUCH A QUIRKY INDIVIDUAL, I'M SO UNIQUE AND DIFFERENT, LOOK AT MY SHITTY STAMPS LOL HAVING AUTISM ROCKS XD
>>
>>2750458
This. The "popularity" and "exposure" of tumblr is smoke and mirrors too.
Thousands of notes, zero messages, zero offers, zero comissions.
Facebook and dA keep putting food on my table despite not having a tenth of the "exposure" I had in tumblr. Turns out just like in real life "I'll put you out there for my contacts" doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>2751356
It´s still the biggest art community and it´s free. Keep hiding your concept art portfolio on low-traffic sites for "professionals".
>>
Twitter
>>
>>2750643
What if i don't want to link my name to 4chan?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.