[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I stopped taking art classes in college because they were

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Bob.png (455KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
Bob.png
455KB, 640x430px
So, I stopped taking art classes in college because they were filled with insecure, pompous dickheads. I decided that perhaps not all artists are like that, and then I came here, to be disproven a hundred times over by the dipshittery that takes place in an average thread. Ostensibly this is a board for art critique but there's not really a great deal of constructive criticism that happens here and people are just as mean-spirited and insecure and hungry for validation that their art doesn't suck while putting down other people at the same time.

Is this a running theme? Are visual artists in general just terrible people with their heads firmly up their own ass? Are there cool artists out there?
>>
If you don't know the reason now, you will never will because you're too much of a dumb ass to think about it deeply enough. Artists get the short end of the stick every single time and they can't do much about it because to prove anything requires a decade and even when they do prove something, it can easily be ignored. Luckily, not everyone is bad to artists such as your fans.
>>
>>2749312
>Muh poor starving persecuted tortured artist meme

Bullshit. Trying hard at something doesn't mean you get to be an asshole to other artists who are also working hard. Musicians aren't as pretentious as visual artists about what they do even if they're good at it.
>>
OP, it's not very obvious at first, but if you think about it for a minute it starts to make sense.
At any given time, most artists who are actually worth anything or are ever gonna be worth anything are busy working their asses off. That means that they're probably not all gonna be posting 4chan at the same time, so most of the posters that you'll find at any given time are gonna be predominantly losers and bitter assholes who've given up or never intended to make it in the first place.
That's why it seems like everyone on here is an asshole. Because most artists are actually busy working while most assholes are on here talking shit.
If you stick around, you'll find posters that are actually decent people. However, you have to not be an asshole yourself. As long as you're humble and respectful, you'll find people that act the same way. If your feelings are hurt and you want to leave, that's fine too.
>>
File: november-16-2016.jpg (385KB, 796x900px) Image search: [Google]
november-16-2016.jpg
385KB, 796x900px
>>2749318
suck my dick
>>
>>2749330
Why are you offended?
Are you one of the people that spends more time on here than actually drawing?
You'll get much further ahead actually working instead of getting angry at anonymous posters, but suit yourself. We don't need more idiots saturating the industry with half-assed efforts.
>>
>>2749318
Thanks, I have seen a few really excellent artists here but they don't post that much and they're pretty quiet and seem to be pretty polite for the most part.

There are also a few posters that give really good critiques instead of just telling you that you suck.

I haven't actually posted anything here because I'm pretty sure it would get shot down immediately.
>>
>>2749347
that's just brian, he's confirmed ngmi
>>
>>2749306
I'm sure they wanna be friends, bradly.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.