[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Promote your art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (64KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 250x200px
I started a tumblr today, I have 0 notes and I was expecting this,
How can I promote my art to get the more possible visibility and followers ? even if it takes time, I want to know what are the right things to do from the beginning
>>
>>2749149
Fanart
>>
Tag the shit out of your stuff, prioritize your first five. I tend to do a few directly related to the piece (IE if you drew a knight put "knight" if you drew a landscape put "landscape") then stuff like "art" "artists on tumblr" "pen and ink" etc. Then after the first five just go wild with whatever is relevant. A mix of big tags and more specific tags is usually a good thing, since with big tags your stuff can get easily drowned out but also reaches a wider audience.

Fanart will get you notes. In my own experience though none of my fan art that really took off netted me that many more followers, you just get a lot of reblogs.

If you follow blogs / engage with people they'll often check you out and follow you back unless they're really big. Some people take issue with the philosophy of "follow people and get followers, like their work and they like you back" but I say it depends on your philosophy. I like to follow artists even if they're shit because I like to watch them develop, and I tend to like beginner art as a show of support and a reminder they're not just posting to the void, but guaranteed some people on /ic/ will take offense to that philosophy.

Also part of it is just post regularly. The more shit you have floating around on other people's blogs the more likely you'll get people who follow it back to your blog and follow you.
>>
I got a new tumblr not a week old and sat with 0 notes even with some fanart there. And then suddenly one unrelated digital piece I made received like 20 notes in less than a hour.
>>
>>2749212

That's tumblr in a nutshell.

Inexplicable shit takes off, I can bust my ass for hours and get barely any notes and then a half assed sketch gets hundreds, usually because some popular blog reblogged it. The point is that most fan art has a high concentration blogs that actively seek out art related to their chosen media and reblog it. The ones reblogging art for art's sake are a little less common and usually not as big, but some stuff still takes off.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.