[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bro-tier Art School Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0715.jpg (173KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0715.jpg
173KB, 1000x667px
Anyone who had a really good education at their art school or uni, post experience

Please recommend some good ateliers/colleges you guys came across, or dream places to study

there's gotta be some worthwhile /ic/ approved establishments out there
>>
File: IMG_0379.jpg (218KB, 1080x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0379.jpg
218KB, 1080x759px
I study illustration at the UK's 'number one arts university', and since finding /ic/ it's brought home the crushing reality that art unis are not worth the cost and time. I am thinking of dropping out at the end of this year and saving up to study somewhere better suited to teaching drawing fundamentals and core skills.

Any ic recommended places, possibly in Europe?
>>
FZD is great if you want to become a concept artist.
>>
Fuck thats some tite rendering. Whos the asian
>>
>>2748855
https://www.artrenewal.org/pages/ateliers.php
>>
>>2748859
see
>>2748928
>>
>>2748902

Any European ateliers or schools?
>>
>>2748931
oops, just saw >>2748928
>>
>>2748855

What's the wooden pole over his board? to stop smudging?
>>
>>2748941

it's a maulstick. It allows you to rest your hand on it as you paint very fine details
>>
Probably the dream place is watt's atelier
>>
>>2748941
you can control the direction of the strokes easily, allows you for an accurate shading
>>
>>2748928
Beat me to it
>>
File: what hath god wrought.jpg (52KB, 540x344px) Image search: [Google]
what hath god wrought.jpg
52KB, 540x344px
>>2748943
>>2749019

CHEATER
H
E
A
T
E
R
>>
Today I just signed a fucking deal for two fucking classes per week for 80 dollars for a year and I regret taking my first breath all day. I think staying home is the way to go.
>>
>>2749071
80 dollars for a year? Where the hell do you live?
>>
>>2749095
80 dollars per week, I meant to say. I want to die.
>>
>>2749071
>I regret taking my first breath all day.
What happened?
>>
>>2748859
Is that Falmouth? I went to an open day and it was inspiring the amount of life drawing and fundamentals teachings they helped with in the illustration degree. I think that's where im goin, I dont know how an atelier would be funded.
>>
>>2749103
I know it's a scam, it's not a traditional art course, it's one of those AIMED AT GAYMERS XDDD shit, but I thought I could squeeze some knowledge out of someone out there by force.

Legit art courses are scarce for some reason, literally no fucking where to be seen.
>>
>>2748859
lmao, are those paintings of carpets?
>>
>>2749110
Yeah, Fal, it's a great course for what it is but I've taken a couple summer concept art and drawing courses and they covered everything I've learnt in 2 years in a couple of weeks. Life drawing is like a 3 session compulsory attendance and then the rest are evening classes available to the whole uni. It's also symbol drawing central, but that's illustration for you so can't complain. Just be aware it's not going to leave the average /ic/ aspirant satisfied.
>next door to fine art
Fuck off are those guys spending £27,000 to sit around on tumblr

Also fal is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, pretty but limited. Watch Poldark and you'll either love the landscape or die of boredom.
>>
>>2749167
Haha yeah the fine art looked absolute shit. And I did get the middle of nowhere vibe from it, but I dont know where else would hold up a better course, and coming from Liverpool would be a journey and a half. Thanks for reply dude.
>>
Does anyone here have experience with the summer course of Sarum Studio? I have the opportunity to attend there in 2017 but I'm interested if it's worth it. Will three weeks of it help me improve? I'm intermediate.
>>
>>2749131
>io, balkans and russians, I heard you like paintings and putting rugs on your walls, so I made some painting of rugs, so you can put rugs on your walls while also having paintings on
>>
File: shit nigger.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
shit nigger.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>2749111
>it's one of those AIMED AT GAYMERS XDDD shit
>>
File: 1477942277757.jpg (73KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
1477942277757.jpg
73KB, 500x455px
Animation/3D at UU. Staff are good and experienced. Only reason I'm staying is I'll probably get kicked out by parents when I leave, and SF is the only way I have of getting money aside from commissions.

I do better with self study and would prefer to stay home, I benefit from the class work prompts I suppose but I have no motivation right now. I only go to class when I need to lately (i.e project hand-ins), still get top marks.

I hate working with loud pushy assholes who don't have a modicum of sense about the basics of good design. Course admits complete beginners so there's a lot of them.
>>
>>2749549
No worries! If you do come, Thomas Barwick is the most figurative and best tutor in my opinion, check him out to see the top calibre of work from the tutors here. Hope I bump into you, i'll keep an eye out for a scouser anon
>>
File: paulchucklerave.jpg (161KB, 750x938px) Image search: [Google]
paulchucklerave.jpg
161KB, 750x938px
>>>2749992
Thanks a lot man. I hope to see you there too, but don't stay if you're not liking it. Seriously good luck in future mate, quelled a lot of doubts I had and am actually hopeful for it now.
>>
>>2750064
Fuk phone quick reply
>>2749992
>>
>>2748928
>some second-hand grekovka graduate runs """Florence Russian Academy of Art"""
>mentioned on that site
>no mention of St. Petersburg Imperial Academy of Arts where Russian Academical tradition came from and where you need to draw better than her to even CONSIDER APPLYING

genuinely pissed tbqh
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.