[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to draw for 16 hours per day with occasional breaks?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: skeletor.jpg (105KB, 704x804px) Image search: [Google]
skeletor.jpg
105KB, 704x804px
Is it possible to draw for 16 hours per day with occasional breaks?
>>
>>2748269
If you sleep 6 hours, get someone to feed you (or literally shove your face into food while you draw) and take very short breaks, yes..
>>
>>2748269
People mean focus on art for 16 hours. Not actually draw the whole time. Your arm or hand would become exhausted after 6 hours already.
>>
>>2748269

The key is breaking down this gigantic, vague blob of "drawing for X hours".

I draw for 20 minutes, then take 5 minutes to rest my hand, sip some water and look at my drawing or next reference.

Every 2 hours I take a 20 minute break where I take a piss/refill drink/get some air/watch a youtube video etc and I use one of these to eat lunch but I'm a light lunch eater.

So on a free day from 9am - 5pm, 8 hours, I get twenty 20m drawing chunks done or 6hrs40ms (give or take) of pure drawing with 2hrs20ms of downtime. Afterwards I'm free to do whatever the fuck I want, no guilt about not drawing, in fact I don't even think about drawing after dinner.

The way I see it you have to develop a life long habit. Am I going to draw for 16 hours a day every day of my life? Hell no. Can I draw for 6 hours and 40 minutes with generous breaks? Absolutely.
>>
>>2748355
How do you make a living?
>>
>>2748269
>Is it possible to draw for 16 hours per day with occasional breaks?

>occassional
There'd have to be a lot of little breaks and periods of reflection to prevent fucking your arm, but other than that you could theoretically manage 20 hours/day

>Ubermensch sleep cycle
>an hour or so of no screen/canvas time left over for breaks, stretching to prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis, eating, etc

It'd be a nightmare. A beautiful nightmare.
>>
>>2748356

I used to do web design but with no degree it was a pretty dead end job. I started drawing while I was working though, it was just from 7-11 on week days and then normal 9-5 on the weekend but with random downtime cutting in for chores/too tired after work sometimes.

I then figured out I could get paid to go to learn 2d&3d animation if I went on unemployment for 6 months so that's what I'm doing now until september 2017.
>>
Jeff Watts says 6 hours, or 8 hours with a long break in the middle. Take a break every hour to stretch.
>>
I would say up to 12 hours is definitely possible while still getting enough sleep and time to recover. Personally I do 10 hours on weekdays and 5 on weekends, so I have a good portion of spare time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.