[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Observational drawing, and form

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
How do I strike a good balance between form and strict observation?

I keep dancing between the two, and it's really distracting me, so I can't really put all of my mental energy into one or the other.

Is the best thing to do is to do it once from observation, and then mentally wrap your brain around what you've drawn?
>>
>>2748098
Is this just a matter of observational mileage?
>>
Sometimes I end up putting form before observation just to make a more cohesive drawing or painting.Before that I used to obsess about angles and negative spaces, Now I still take them into consideration but form and readability are more important for me
>>
>>2748103
I've never heard of readability before.
What is that?
>>
>>2748108
fucking kek /ic/ is like tumblr with their buzzwords these days

I suppose he meant how quick an audience take to recognise his painting and is achieved by placing an emphasis on silliouhete and guiding the viewers allot
>>
>>2748098
what the fuck? you don't even draw do you. you're spouting a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>2748153
Lol it's not really a buzzword. It's pretty self explanatory, atleast I understood it fine.
>>2748108
He means like getting your point across. So if you're painting a dog someone can instantly look at your painting and say "oh yeah, that's a dog."
>>
>>2748160
I draw for 5 hours a day everyday.
I have been doing this for the past 5 months.

I don't understand what you're talking about.
I don't see what's so absurd about what I've written.
>>
>>2748167
post your work
>>
>>2748167
well youve been challenged faggot

post your work
>>
>>2748182
>>2748180
Oh please.
>>
>>2748180
>>2748182
Gesture Battle me fuckers.
>>
pathetic thread
>>
What a strange thread...
Op, I think you should only focus on strict observation for the purpose of improving your knowledge of form, or for when drawing something you don't understand the form of.
>>
>>2748162
I actually like paintings where I go "nice blurry blotches,lol... Wait is that fucking seascape!?"
>>
>>2748098
The people who are getting down on you probably don't draw and just watch other people do it, I remember having similar problems and the answer I found for myself is that it depends on what your goal with the painting is and your overall goals. I found that if i want a good painting focusing on observations usually works out best but lets say I do a design study of a vehicle focusing on the form is much more important. If you want to do more stuff from imagination I think understanding the form is very important and should be a big part of your process however if you want to do more observational drawings I think shapes play a bigger role.
>>
>>2748180
>>2748182
>wanting to see the work of a beginner
smfh tbqh
>>
>>2749735
you forgot to add "familia"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.