[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you need to master realism before doing this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 1479491507335.jpg (929KB, 919x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1479491507335.jpg
929KB, 919x1185px
Do you need to master realism before doing this?
>>
>>2747925
yes, in the japanese art academy, people learn realism before generic manga style
>>
>>2747930
then why professional anime illustrations from their best artists still make begginer mistakes?
>>
>>2747925
If that artist had stronger fundamentals he wouldn't have fucked up in the places he did.
If you want to be garbage you can just be garbage.
>>
someone post that pic

you know the one
>>
>>2747936
I haven't seen the first anime illustrator that didn't make begginer mistakes in their anatomy.
>>
>>2747933
>>2747939
Because they're shit. Does it matter? You're just looking for excuses to not put in the work. You will lose to people who did.

You will always see people who make questionable art yet they "made it". Those people have other qualities that are also favored. They might be hard workers, they might be reliable or able to put out a lot of work consistently. You can have all those qualities and you will lose to someone who has them but also is not a shit artist.

I fucking wonder why I even try. It is amazing I have to try to shill fucking studying art to people who fucking pretend they want to be artist.
I should just leave you shitstains wallow in your mediocrity.
>>
>>2747925
>master
No. Become proficient with, yes.
>>
>>2747943
No nigger, I'm putting the effort.
I already see anatomy errors in professional shit made from japan.

stop projecting your garbage faggot.

I still make my question: do you need to learn realism even if there's not a single anime illustrator who doesn't make begginer mistakes?
>>
File: QuickRapeOfTheWorld.jpg (307KB, 919x1185px) Image search: [Google]
QuickRapeOfTheWorld.jpg
307KB, 919x1185px
>>2747925
5 minute attempt at fixing the proportion.
>>
File: 1248906271641.jpg (102KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1248906271641.jpg
102KB, 800x500px
>>
File: n3Lzmlg.jpg (72KB, 951x1054px) Image search: [Google]
n3Lzmlg.jpg
72KB, 951x1054px
>>2747984
Christ, these both suck.

Anyway OP, no one is saying that you need to MASTER realism. Just understand your proportions so you make small mistakes that the untrained eye wouldn't be able to catch (but the trained eye would be able to fix >>2747948) and you'll be fine. We're just trying to prevent your art from looking like pic related.
>>
>>2747925
No, you can never master realism, it would take a life time.
>>
>>2747943
Get your head out of your fucking asshole, you autist. Anime illustration doesn't need to be realistic. It needs to be appealing, drawn well, and arranged well. It's a waste of time to try to force someone to study something they're not interested in.

>>2747925
That does not mean it must not be well-drawn.
the hands in that image are super shit. That's actually a really bad/mediocre example of anime art, because even a layman can notice there's funky shit about it.

Anime is often funky, but it is able to get away with it. That is because of just sheer artistic and drafting quality. Realism is useful to do in order to learn to draw things like hands. Studying realism is the best way to become good enough at drawing hands. The goal with your studies in realism should include basics of lighting, mastering the fundamentals of perspectve(convergence, horizon line, drawing ellipses/cylinders), mastering the form-oriented drawing from 'Vilppu's Drawing Manual,' basic human proportion through Loomis/Vilppu, and learning about value composition. In no particular order. There may be more to do, these are just the things on the top of my head.
>>
If you master realism you'll find yourself not wanting to draw that.
>>
>>2747925

YES.
>>
>>2748051

Anatomy in OP's pic is very solid. Hands are great too.
>>
>>2748051
>recommending Villpu and Loomis
Clearly a /beg/inner
>>
>>2747948
>fix
>made her thick instead of her nice thin figure
Get out
>>
>>2747943
>You will lose to people who did.
It's not a competition, anon.
>>
>>2748065
get your fucking memes out of here, do you even draw?
>>2748059
nice bait
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKDO_21gpJM

This.
>>
>>2748096
This guy makes a living off drawing from realism but he sucks at drawing manga
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjbOv0stQBg

on the other hand there is a girl who has never studied any realism at all, and as you can see is significantly better than the guy who makes a living drawing realism in the video above
>>
You get better at what you draw more of.
>>
>>2747937
Does anyone have the gay vampire comic pic?
>>
>>2747948
Looks far more balanced, good job anon
>>
>>2747943
> I fucking wonder why I even try
Do you try? Do you really faggot?
>>
>>2748096
>>2748100
those are cherry picked examples. That guy who draws realism is only copying photos and doing static images. You don't want to copy tones, you want to learn how to draw form and correct viewpoint/perspective. Basically, imaginative/constructive realism.

Here's a good example of someone who has studied realism who does phenomenal styled stuff.
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=36091
http://iharyo.tumblr.com/
http://atarasi.blog90.fc2.com/blog-category-22.html

and another
https://www.artstation.com/artist/krenz
>>
>>2747925
Tranquilizate Cris por favor te lo pido
>>
>>2747925
Look at the last link >>2748119 that artist is great, he learned how to draw realistic and he can also make appealing anime stuff. He's versatile, he can draw whatever he desires and has a lot of working opportunities (from his bio he's an illustrator). On the other hand for example the stuff from OP is okay if you want to just draw animu stuff to post on Pixiv, but unless you'll get very lucky your chances to get a good art job will be very very small.
>>
Not really, but you do need a good understanding about human anatomy and perspective. The only thing in anime and manga that's much stylized is the face.
>>
>>2747933
>>2747948
Classy.
>>
>>2748068
>complaining about think (to not be mistaken for fat) women
out
>>
>>2749683
thick*
>>
File: 1471112879753.jpg (444KB, 1273x1812px) Image search: [Google]
1471112879753.jpg
444KB, 1273x1812px
Anatomy is everything.
Drawing without references or models is prohibited. That's why animies sucks. Those shit artist drawing from imagination instead hiring superior models for 100% correct anatomy. More important most of them skipping construction phase. Drawing without constuction = symbol drawing. And only amateurish sht artist use gestures in their drawings instead of size to size. Gestures = bad anatomy.
>>
>>2747925
Yes. Good manga artists can draw realistic bodies but suck shit at faces (plus anime faces save time). Focus on mastering proportions and posing of bodies, then slap an animu face on, do commissions, sell prints, make money.
>>
>>2749700
I don't think you'd be able to animate at all with an attitude screwed that tight. Your image betrays you.
>size to size
What do you mean by this?
>>
I was hardcore about studying realism for awhile, and though there were marginal improvements, it took a long time to actually ENJOY drawing just to draw again. after so many studies of detached limbs and toes and phalanges, brain nearly lost the ability to be creative on its own. I regressed to doodling smiley faces and digimon just to regain my sanity.

take a little from column A and B with realism, but don't get so stuck on making things photorealistic that you burn out and cripple your ability to draw without any reference.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.