[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing Cartoon Style

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

File: The-World-Ends-with-You-Banner.jpg (310KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The-World-Ends-with-You-Banner.jpg
310KB, 1280x720px
Im fine with drawing objects and even anatomy, but when it comes to drawing in a more cartoonish style I completely fuck it up
How can I draw really good in cartoon form?
I really like the art style in pic related btw
>>
File: brady.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
brady.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>2746994
halp bump
>>
I'll start by drawing them like if I was making a animated movie. Just simplistic forms for me to keep going and not over complicated myself.

I also watch old animations and see how they do it and for me it actually helps a lot.
>>
>>2746994

Post work or else feedback is useless. Have you tried doing simple cartooning stuff such as fun with a pencil?
>>
File: picralated.jpg (120KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
picralated.jpg
120KB, 686x960px
>>2747028
Yeah I did the stuff on that book, but the art style there is outdated and boring to me so it kinda gave me an anti-boner
I want to draw in a more modern style, I really struggle with cartonish anatomy from mind thou
>pic related recent drawing
>>
>>2746994
>I really like the art style in pic related btw
https://warosu.org/ic/thread/S2686131
https://warosu.org/ic/thread/S2612109#p2612109
>>
>>2747038
>I really struggle with cartonish anatomy

Isn't the point of drawing cartoons is to over exaggerated the forms in anatomy?

also

Loomis' fun with a pencil just gives you fundamentals on how you can take on a drawing and not copy his work line for line.
>>
File: (You).png (461KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
461KB, 870x722px
>>2747038
>Im fine with drawing objects and even anatomy, but when it comes to drawing in a more cartoonish style I completely fuck it up
>but the art style there is outdated and boring to me so it kinda gave me an anti-boner
>Pic with mech subject rapes the rules of perspective and technical drawing
8/10 made me reply
>>
>>2747040
Anything that could help me to draw like that or Its too exoteric of a topic?
>>
>>2747040
dump what you got nigga
>>
>>2747042
what did he meant by this?
>>
File: 0 (2).jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0 (2).jpg
19KB, 480x360px
halp me guys, I can't tell if OP is being a utter retard or me that keeps baiting
>>
File: killmenow.png (210KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
killmenow.png
210KB, 600x390px
>>2747048
Im sincere
>>
>>2747052
Well then.
Let's break it, step by step
>Im fine with drawing objects and even anatomy, but when it comes to drawing in a more cartoonish style I completely fuck it up
How can I draw really good in cartoon form?
You study.
1-Cartoons are basically simplified objects, you have to understand their form and how to
capture them on paper.
2-Even for simple cartoony figures you still have to study to be able to make a dynamic and confident looking drawing. If you don't study your strokes will be shit.
>Have you tried doing simple cartooning stuff such as fun with a pencil?
>>the art style there is outdated and boring to me so it kinda gave me an anti-boner
No one likes to study alright?, you can't skip shit just because you are not having fun. If you want to be the absolute best you can be you are supposed to try and learn multiple methods you can implement. If you don't experiment and explore and never get out of your comfort zone you will never discover what works better for you. Try a book that is the subject you want to learn to the end, if it was boring at least you learned something that can be useful.
>dump what you got nigga
What do you mean? Its all in those threads.
My favorite artists are Douman Seiman and gashi-gashi tho (pic related).
>>
>>2747060
The beggining of the book felt too fucking easy to me
Maybe I should start a little further
Any other suggestions?
I`ve seen some art-style studies but I have no idea how to do those
>>
>>2747060
>tfw I tried to see if Gashi was for hire and the fucker didn't even respond

god I love him so much
>>
File: slap_this_faggot.jpg (12KB, 241x200px) Image search: [Google]
slap_this_faggot.jpg
12KB, 241x200px
>>2747070
>The beggining of the book felt too fucking easy to me
Everyone says that. Then they draw and realize they fucking suck at comprehending how 3D spaces work.

No. Beginners shouldn't skip lessons just because they feel is too easy.

From Lee Hammond:
>SOME HAVE SAID I PLACE WAY TOO MUCH EMPHASIS ON THE SPHERE, but I disagree. I cannot argue strongly enough the importance of it, and what valuable skills are gained from repeatedly practicing the sphere exercises. Art students will always do better if they stick with drawing spheres until they are accomplished at it. This commits the fi ve elements to memory and makes them second nature to you as you draw. Someone who skips over the sphere part of the book will usually go on to produce drawings that lack dimension and look outlined and fl at.

So go back and read the fucking thing.
>>
>>2746994
You literally copy the styles you like the most.

But It's not simply tracing a picture.

You will make your own creations while looking at a finished work of your interest. Try to think for yourself why did the artist make the choices he made such as eye placement or proportions. You can search videos of their process and also emulate them, keyword here is process. Avoid "Tutorials" and "How tos" at all costs.
>>
>>2746994
That pic is literally just anime with thick outlines. Thick lines isn't a style. That's how we got shit like Nutshack in the 2000s because people thought that thick lines was a style.
>>
>>2747233
The nutshack art style in the original drawings was actually prety cool, pretty much graffti style.
Turning it into a flash animation sucked
>>
>>2746994
Read Ben Caldwell's Fantasy Cartooning.
It's a how to draw book for children that goes deeper into the communication aspect of cartooning than the technical skills.

The big difference between dull cartoons and dynamic cartoons is communication and intent.
>>
>>2747040
What's the image from?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.