[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I draw hands?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: hando.jpg (508KB, 1000x1336px) Image search: [Google]
hando.jpg
508KB, 1000x1336px
How the fuck do I draw hands?
>>
By using references and building up a visual library. So yeah, like any other part of the human body.
Let me guess. You are bad at all the rest of the human body just as much, but you just can't tell, right?
I'm assuming this because you are afraid of posting your art and you are asking pretty dumb questions.
>>
>>2746347
Not really.
Hands are just my general weakpoints really. I am going to admit that I also have a problem at creating dynamic poses but through Hampton and Proko I've been practicing Gesture and Mannequinization and I have been getting results from it.
But hands in particular are just where I have the most problem.
>>
>>2746339
I simplify it down into a bunch of rectangular prisms in my head while drawing them. It really helps with structure and posing.

Copying out Bridgman's hand drawings helped a lot too.

Otherwise it's handy (get it?) to have a small mirror on your desk so you can try out poses yourself and draw from life when you are stuck.
>>
>>2746355
Problems with drawing hands generally indicate fundamental drawing issues. There are perspective/viewpoint concerns when drawing fingers because fingers bend on one axis. If you don't convincingly show the finger bending on it's axis you will ruin the appeal of the hand because the fingers will look floppy. You also need to make sure you don't draw the fingers in positions outside of the joints' range of movement, which can occur by mis-reading the orientation of the palm/back of the hand.
>>
>>2746594

Fingers other than thumb are made out of 3 bones/joints, so actually there's more bending involved than 1 axis.

Btw, that's why it's best to reference your own hand - you will quickly see that in one plane there's only 90 degrees possible bending and in other (the plane same as palm) around/a bit less than 45 in both sides.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.