[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much for my work?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Kat.png (2MB, 1440x1952px) Image search: [Google]
Kat.png
2MB, 1440x1952px
I'm planning on starting a commission business bud I don't know how to calculate prices, so I want you people qho have experience o this to put a price.
>>
>>2746305
If that's yours you need to head over to the /beg/ general and get at least acceptable before taking commissions.
>>
>>2746309
>Implying it isn't better than 90% of the comissioners in dA
>>
You'd have to pay me to commission you.
>>
>>2746320
Nah but /ic/ for sure. Just lower the percentage a tad.
>>
>you can charge for comissions at that level

Looks like the road to success is shorter than I thought
>>
>>2746305
i wouldn't pay more than $20 for that.
>>
You still have a ways to go.
But, I suppose if people really are willing to buy it...
>>
I wouldn't pay for it however im sure there is someone that will
>>
File: 1468742107226.jpg (43KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
1468742107226.jpg
43KB, 820x820px
>>2746322
>>
>>2746305
I'd pay 5$ to see an at least 10-page comic/chapter of your character doing a job that involves the law.
>>
File: #roasted.jpg (81KB, 581x749px) Image search: [Google]
#roasted.jpg
81KB, 581x749px
>>2746322
/thread
>>
>>2746305

first of all this:
>>2746309

secondly, you could probably ask around 20$ for the example you posted. sorry but it's really shitty art.
>>
>>2746795
>>2746381

OP here. To tell you the truth, 20 dollars is WAY higher than my expectations (about one dollar) so I'm okay with that.
>>
>>2746848
Dude don't sell yourself short. You could hypothetically get $30 or even more for what you posted. It's not great but it's far from the worst thing I've ever seen. Have some common sense. That thing may not be a Rembrandt but I bet it took you 4 or 5 hours at least. If you can't sell your work at that price than it's not worth trying commissions to begin with and you should keep practicing instead of pursuing chump-change.
>>
>>2746309
You'd be surprised how many dumb asses invest in shitty art.
>>
>>2746322
ยท#rekt
>>
>>2746305
Depends, what exactly are you trying to market towards in your artwork? Compare that to what others are putting out and decide what price to put out.

If you're asking /ic/ most of everyone will say your art will definitely need improvement. I'd also agree (mainly because the head seems smaller compared to the rest of the body).

You'll probably be able to fetch for a higher price though.if you gear your art toward a niche. And as a result, you may be able to improve your art due to the extra encouragement.
>>
>>2746305
OP, business-wise you might do better as a colorist. Color line-art from really experienced artists.

You would make more money
>>
>>2748481
kek stay shit OP
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.